Winter Event 2023

Groovy_Ghoul

• Game Master
On 11/30/2023 at 8:27 PM, Groovy_Ghoul said:

When is the start date for Winter Event 2023?

The official first day of winter is 23rd December......

Edit: I always get it wrong, the solstice which is the official first day of winter is around the 21st/22nd December

Edited by GM Crumpet
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Game Master
29 minutes ago, LegionAlpha said:

Got Winter event burn out. Skipping this year and maybe next barring any cataclysmic events in 2024.

I'm mostly skipping Christmas. I'll pop to my sisters for dinner at 1pm, open presents at 2pm, home for 3pm. CoX till 6.25pm, then Doctor Who Christmas Special at 6.30pm. 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Snarky said:

Cant wait to haul that cigar smoking strongman BNY all around.  (I quit the game for 6 months once when they made it a Apr 1 joke and banned me from complaining about it on boards….

I remember that April fools gag.  That has to be one of the worst jokes/pranks ever. 

(or does that mean it's the best?... No.  No it was bad and I'm still not over it.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I have new alts that need the winter stuffs.  And of course my no agility having ass still needs to get the gold medals or my badger in the chalet

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

9 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

You just need to wait for the kinetics to start hanging out at the tops of the runs passing out SB and IR...

Jesus Palomino!  I never thought of that.  Seriously I never thought of that and I have a Kin on my alt account who is like level 25.

Oh myyyyyyyyyy.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

December 1, Greenwich Mean Time - this meaning that we here in the EST zone are going to get it starting about 7:00 p.m., Nov. 30.  I will miss the fall-coloured trees, but Atlas Park is worth going to just to take in the city at night.  As I posted a couple years ago, there ain't no substitute for the quiet snowfall in the Atlas Park neighbourhoods as the midnight hour works its way around.  One moment of peace and stillness...this until the voice balloon of a Skull thug demanding, "Hand it over, lady!" followed by, "Help!  Help!  They're taking my rent money!" lets us know that, hey, Atlas Park might be beautiful this time of year, but it's time to get back to work busting heads in celebration of the season...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

The official first day of winter is 23rd December......

I would love to see a link to where there is an official first day of winter.

Seasons are just common usage.  Officially there are years, months, and days - but there are no official seasons.  At least as far as I know of.

Anyone have a link to a declaration of what is "officially" winter?

• Game Master
4 hours ago, jprewitt73 said:

https://www.almanac.com/content/first-day-winter-winter-solstice

It is usually the 21st or 22nd of December based on the Winter Solstice. 

So, answers may vary but that is what a lot of people around the Northern Hemisphere consider "winter."

I was going to paste the same link 😛 

It's definitely not winter yet, forecast in the low 80's today. I might have to bust out the long sleeve T-shirt out of my emergency winter clothing reserve because winter is coming. Once it gets to the low 70's people in my neighborhood start wearing coats and mittens.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lookit all these "too cool for Christmas" people, Santa's taking you off his presents list!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝