Guess I will be nicer since my other post got deleted. *risitas laugh*

Yeah...the article did say they were going non-profit status...and as a volunteer group that has gone far above and beyond for the game and fan base, I think the OP is just a wee bit out of line. Kinda like calling the ocean wet though. Given the frequent nature of their posts, surprised they still even have an account.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, eldriyth said:

I'm glad you guys got a license. Now please, for the love of all that does not suck in this world, hire some talent and get updates out faster.

Applications are right here. You're more than welcome to apply and show off your amazing skills at creating content. We'll all be here waiting with bated breath.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

Honestly, everyone should probably just laugh this off. This was probably a teenager that found the game and doesn't understand that getting a license is not the same as becoming a fully fledged video game company. 

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

You mean there is more to the game than AE farming?? Why did nobody tell me this before??

They did but i ated the emails

*BURP!!*

• Haha 2

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

12 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Magisters is the conclusion.  theres nothing left for lavos to do but spread the seed to other planets

I think Number Six's arc occurs after Magisterium. There's still some life left in Praetoria. 

• Banjo 1

Posted (edited)

All i've read so far is excuses. You have a license. The game is legit now. The game requires money to run. To run the game requires staff. Now you can hire people and pay them with donation money. Get it done.

I'm not a game designer, i'm a player, but i'm straight up telling you as a player that your team could do a better job. Do I hate Homecoming? Of course not. I wouldn't even be posting on these forums if that was the case. If anything i'm just giving you some tough love.

Edited by eldriyth
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3
  • Microphone 1

4 minutes ago, eldriyth said:

All i've read so far is excuses. You have a license. The game is legit now. The game requires money to run. To run the game requires staff. Now you can hire people and pay them with donation money. Get it done.

I'm not a game designer i'm a player. But i'm straight up telling you as a player that your team could do a better job. Do I hate Homecoming? Of course not. I wouldn't even be posting on these forms if that was the case. If anything i'm just giving you some tough love.

there’s nothing wrong with your point of view, it just seems out of place here as most people are happy enough just having the game to play

hiring staff would incur significantly higher monthly costs and make things a lot more complicated. the HC staff are just people like you and me who have jobs and a life but run a server on the side, they may not wish to now be in charge of a company and staff

adding just three staff would increase the monthly donation target by at least $20,000 every month

3 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

there’s nothing wrong with your point of view, it just seems out of place here as most people are happy enough just having the game to play

hiring staff would incur significantly higher monthly costs and make things a lot more complicated. the HC staff are just people like you and me who have jobs and a life but run a server on the side, they may not wish to now be in charge of a company and staff

adding just three staff would increase the monthly donation target by at least $20,000 every month

I have seen no less than 20 articles today in the news talking about the new homecoming server having a license now. IGN, Kotaku. MMORPG.COM you name it. That is going to bring in a ton of people to the game. I think they could hire a couple good designers and coders and reach that goal above very easily, because there are a lot of whales and people who care about this place and don't want to see it shutdown.

It's called growing your private server which is not so private now. You start a little small but you can start getting a really talented staff working on the game. Look at Ascension World of Warcraft. Those guys literally get millions a year in donations. They are also not some gacha pay to win crap, as you can buy everything in their stores on the auction house in the game. They also haven't been shut down by blizzard because they actually run a pretty legit server that is considered a "wow mod".

• Thumbs Down 3

I nominate @eldriyth to fund the new hires.  His idea, he can pay for it.

I'd also be willing to assume the role of developer, for $250,000/yr. salaried.  It'll be a hardship, but one I'll endure if necessity dictates.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

6 minutes ago, eldriyth said:

I have seen no less than 20 articles today in the news talking about the new homecoming server having a license now. IGN, Kotaku. MMORPG.COM you name it. That is going to bring in a ton of people to the game. I think they could hire a couple good designers and coders and reach that goal above very easily, because there are a lot of whales and people who care about this place and don't want to see it shutdown.

It's called growing your private server which is not so private now. You start a little small but you can start getting a really talented staff working on the game. Look at Ascension World of Warcraft. Those guys literally get millions a year in donations. They are also not some gacha pay to win crap, as you can buy everything in their stores on the auction house in the game. They also haven't been shut down by blizzard because they actually run a pretty legit server that is considered a "wow mod".

https://massivelyop.com/2024/01/05/city-of-heroes-homecoming-talks-funding-the-city-council-and-the-impending-content-drop/

according to this, they are still not allowed to pay the developers. So they can't actually hire people. But if it makes you feel better, new content is apparently imminently happening. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Don’t feed the ugly trolls.

Do you have any idea how unappealing troll is when it's starved?  It's not even good for sausage.  Too salty and always comes out undercooked because it wasn't properly seared beforehand.

• Haha 4

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

48 minutes ago, Luminara said:

I nominate @eldriyth to fund the new hires.  His idea, he can pay for it.

I'd also be willing to assume the role of developer, for $250,000/yr. salaried.  It'll be a hardship, but one I'll endure if necessity dictates.

This is the only thing I could think of when reading your comment: 

image.png.e691bc446480e8ef10e0e84114b5f08c.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eldriyth said:

I'm not a game designer, i'm a player, but i'm straight up telling you as a player that your team could do a better job. Do I hate Homecoming? Of course not. I wouldn't even be posting on these forums if that was the case. If anything i'm just giving you some tough love.

Seems our boy @eldriyth has missed a point or six. Still if he wants to see some up coming speedy development why doesn't he offer to sponsor the salary of a dev? Problem solved, everyone happy, wahey!

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

From tastesbetterfromscratch.com:

How to make Chicken Cordon Bleu:

Ingredients

▢ 8 thin slices ham

▢ 8 oz Swiss cheeses sliced or shredded

▢ 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts , about 2 pounds

▢ salt and pepper

▢ 3 cups corn flakes cereal , crushed (or substitute breadcrumbs)

▢ 6 Tablespoons butter , melted

For the sauce:

▢ 1 cup mayonnaise

▢ 1-2 teaspoons yellow mustard , to taste

Instructions

Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Use a sharp knife to cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to create two chicken breast halves.

Place the chicken breast halves between two sheets of plastic wrap and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound them into thin and evenly (be careful not to pound so hard that the meat tears.).

Top each pieces of chicken with a slice of ham and a ham handful of shredded cheese. Roll tightly, tucking the sides a little, and place on a new piece of plastic wrap.

Wrap the chicken tightly in the plastic wrap, pinching the excess plastic on the sides to create a tootsie-roll shape and twisting them to create a firm chicken roll. Refrigerate the wrapped chicken bundles for at least 30-minutes or up to one day in advance.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove chicken from fridge, unwrap and season with salt and pepper. Add cornflakes to a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add crumbs to a shallow dish or pie plate. Melt butter in a separate shallow dish.

Dip the chicken bundles in melted butter, and then into the cornflake crumbs, pressing lightly to help the crumbs stick to the chicken. Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.

Bake on the center oven rack for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (160 degrees on a thermometer inserted into the chicken, not the filling.)

Make the sauce by stirring the mayo and mustard together. Taste and add more mustard, as needed, to taste. 

There. Now there's something worth reading in this thread.  Might even feed the troll!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Finland 1
  • Moose 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

24 minutes ago, Greycat said:

From tastesbetterfromscratch.com:

How to make Chicken Cordon Bleu:

Ingredients

▢ 8 thin slices ham

▢ 8 oz Swiss cheeses sliced or shredded

▢ 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts , about 2 pounds

▢ salt and pepper

▢ 3 cups corn flakes cereal , crushed (or substitute breadcrumbs)

▢ 6 Tablespoons butter , melted

For the sauce:

▢ 1 cup mayonnaise

▢ 1-2 teaspoons yellow mustard , to taste

Instructions

Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Use a sharp knife to cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to create two chicken breast halves.

Place the chicken breast halves between two sheets of plastic wrap and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound them into thin and evenly (be careful not to pound so hard that the meat tears.).

Top each pieces of chicken with a slice of ham and a ham handful of shredded cheese. Roll tightly, tucking the sides a little, and place on a new piece of plastic wrap.

Wrap the chicken tightly in the plastic wrap, pinching the excess plastic on the sides to create a tootsie-roll shape and twisting them to create a firm chicken roll. Refrigerate the wrapped chicken bundles for at least 30-minutes or up to one day in advance.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove chicken from fridge, unwrap and season with salt and pepper. Add cornflakes to a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Add crumbs to a shallow dish or pie plate. Melt butter in a separate shallow dish.

Dip the chicken bundles in melted butter, and then into the cornflake crumbs, pressing lightly to help the crumbs stick to the chicken. Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.

Bake on the center oven rack for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (160 degrees on a thermometer inserted into the chicken, not the filling.)

Make the sauce by stirring the mayo and mustard together. Taste and add more mustard, as needed, to taste. 

There. Now there's something worth reading in this thread.  Might even feed the troll!

Cordon Bleus are great! It's like a big chicken nugget that's also a Hot Pocket!

• Haha 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

12 minutes ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

Cordon Bleus are great! It's like a big chicken nugget that's also a Hot Pocket!

I know, right? 😄

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• Jimmy locked this topic