Welcome Home! - An Open Letter from Homecoming

Widower

3 hours ago, Bananiac said:

I just second that statement...

EDIT: I just zoomed in on that picture... that is a freaking RUBBER DUCK HEAD on top of that armoured suit?!?! 🤯🤣

Tari would be so happy!

3 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Okay, I see what looks like VEAT power customization.  Which means that I'm now stuck.  Because if it is VEAT power customization, I'm never gonna play anything but a Fortunata again, probably.  And if it's not VEAT power customization, then the fakeout is going to leave me so annoyed that nothing else in the patch could possibly salvage it.

It doesn't look like that to me. Instead it looks like they are taking robot claws and maybe other VEAT powerpools and turning them into their own power sets for the other classes?

• Haha 1

Wow. It's goin to be a great year comin up and I'm extremely excited and lookin forward to a rubber ducky head. 

Just a question,  the Vanguard picture,  is that new base decorations or do we get more coffee mugs? It doesn't sound like there is goin to be much base love with the next update.  Lighted widows that are not skylights would be great. Hell, anything that's not a coffee mug or stand to put the mugs on would be wonderful. New NPCs? Anything? 

@Etched

2 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

You wouldn't believe the number of times I've asked for this too. The mesh was quite problematic, though.

Luckily, we've picked up some talented artists along the way! 😁

I'll add my excitement to the pile, I shouted and called my husband in from the living room when I saw the Seer/Oracle costume. I'm so grateful to the team that made this happen. ❤️

I can't wait to read 70 pages of patch notes. I've read some very long patch notes for Baldur's Gate 3, so out of curiosity I pasted the 5 major updates' patch notes into a document as unformatted text. The updates are 32, 9 (barely), 44, 35, and 14 pages long, respectively. So I know to set aside a couple hours for this. 😄 

I'm so happy to be back in City. Much thanks to the entire Homecoming team.

• Like 2

Coloden.png

Some exciting news. Victory and Paragon have some unique features - will those be added to HC or...?

Also, HC clearly hasn't done much towards adding costume pieces. Are the new crew able to add some significant amounts of costume pieces? 

I will admit the HC arcs and SF haven't been for me but it seems like there will be some other good stuff in this update. HC, awesome work here! 

As an old Victory server player on Live, I'm delighted to hear that the players who have been off running the Vic server on their own could be combined into ours. Looking forward to seeing auld acquaintances.

• Like 1

Refight the Trojan War and stop Arachnos in the time-traveling "Dr. Aeon and the Wrath of Achilles," 5 missions full of heroic allies and smash/lethal EBs, AE#31899!

Torchbearer Greek & Roman theme SG and coalition -- "Polias" -- always looking for new members!

• City Council
4 minutes ago, adran06 said:

I mean, that part was obvious, but I was asking for more specifics so I know if I qualify XD

Developers really ARE responsible for a bit of everything. If you have any experience in Art, Coding, Story-writing, etc - you can fill out an application here.  Really any talents you think that may support the creative team feel free to fill out an app and let us know!

Additionally, we are also recruiting for Game Masters who are responsible for Game/Forum/Discord Moderations, ticket support, etc. (Game Masters also run the in-game events like Costume Contests) - if that's more your speed, same link and click the game master app instead!

Both are a greatly appreciated use of your volunteered time!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

20 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Victory and Paragon have some unique features - will those be added to HC or...?

victory is michiyo's server and was very adjacent to HC/often got the same changes it did.
paragon was the "secret" server if i remember right. it has/had what we had.

23 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Are the new crew able to add some significant amounts of costume pieces? 

not 100% confirmed, but i do not believe the new devs that i am aware of are costume devs. unless there's one i missed.

• Thumbs Up 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

• Developer

Not featured: The Freaklok have a hand in the Apocalypse.

• Like 1
  • Banjo 1

hc_sig copy.jpg

There comes a time in which all stories must come to an end. It's a shame, hero, that you and your people aren't writing the end of yours. We've taken it upon ourselves to be the author of this universe's story, and your chapter will be added to the ever-growing story of how we dictated the path for all life.

Sadly, Content Creation looks like it needs coding, which puts what I'd love the most out of my reach. I'd have loved to be able to write stories for the world. I'd also apparently need to be more familiar with the game's stories than I am, but I could have at least worked on that problem. At least I can sign up for the powers section.

• Developer
15 minutes ago, adran06 said:

Sadly, Content Creation looks like it needs coding, which puts what I'd love the most out of my reach. I'd have loved to be able to write stories for the world. I'd also apparently need to be more familiar with the game's stories than I am, but I could have at least worked on that problem. At least I can sign up for the powers section.

Competent writers are still more than welcome to submit an application! We have a pipeline capable of making a space for people with no code experience but exceptional writing skills. Knowledge of the game's lore would certainly be desirable though, but as you said, something that can be worked on 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I mean, this is all incredibly exciting, but I think everyone is missing the fact that we're getting cow reaction icons. I mean, talk about burying the lead!

Spoiler

I keed I keed.

😁

Sky-Hawke: Rad/WP Brute

Alts galore. So...soooo many alts.

Originally Pinnacle Server, then Indomitable and now Excelsior

8 minutes ago, Dev Unitas said:

Competent writers are still more than welcome to submit an application! We have a pipeline capable of making a space for people with no code experience but exceptional writing skills. Knowledge of the game's lore would certainly be desirable though, but as you said, something that can be worked on 🙂

That's great to hear. I've submitted my application. Mainly hoping to help design powers and write stories, as long as coding isn't involved those are the two things I'm most talented at (been making up stories in one way or another for over 20 years, even if none of it is professional XD)

First of all, thank you all so much for bringing this game back and getting the community back together. When CoX originally shutdown, I tried every MMORPG out there in the hopes of finding a new home. Not one of them felt the same. Having this game and these people around is beyond anything I could've hoped for in those dark days of 2012.

Second, please tell me that cow emoji means we've got an animal/monster-themed shapeshifter coming in i28! ...I mean obviously you can't tell me, tell me but y'know...tell me! 🥺

You wanna play Peacebringer?😒  Fine, but at least check out this guide first: Peacebringers STILL SUCK!!! (v. 1.1)

12 minutes ago, Switch8 said:

cant wait to see what new power sets are  wind and water or  complete new  powers ??

Even those those sets are in the code, HC avoids them because they don't want to be accused of ripping off the other communities that did them, for better or worse.

It'll probably something kinda niche, and oddly specific, like "Symphonic" Control was.

Edited by Lazarillo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shaaktar said:

Is there any chance that the old accounts from the time we played with NCSoft can be restored?

Short answer would be no.  The longer version entails things like privacy.

• Thumbs Up 1

What was no more, is REBORN!