Welcome Home! - An Open Letter from Homecoming

Widower

On 1/17/2024 at 9:43 AM, Widower said:

And there’s so much more to come in Issue 28 and beyond, including 🌊 & 🐮.

Secret Cow Level: Confirmed!

🤣

Massive Thanks to everyone on the team; glad all of your hard work was rewarded with the license agreement, and looking forward to more good things to come!

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Is "Victory becomes a new, separate shard" different from "All the Victory players are switching to HC, and we are creating a new, separate shard named Victory for them to start on"? I assume there is a difference, otherwise the HC folks wouldn't have gone to the effort of making a separate shard. I just can't figure out what the difference might be.

From what I have heard, Victory has been getting the same updates as HC, so in terms of gameplay there will be no difference between New Victory and all the current 5 HC servers - right? If that is the case, and if HC players are allowed to play on the New Victory shard and vice versa, then for all practical purposes New Victory is simply a 6th shard identical to the 5 current ones.

What am I overlooking here?

8 hours ago, Force Redux said:

If Victory is coming as it's own shard what of Paragon?

Paragon is, if I am reading it right, becoming the Closed Beta shard.

2 hours ago, Icono04 said:

More like overthinking. Victory is becoming the 6th shard. Simple as.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

2 hours ago, Icono04 said:

Is "Victory becomes a new, separate shard" different from "All the Victory players are switching to HC, and we are creating a new, separate shard named Victory for them to start on"? I assume there is a difference, otherwise the HC folks wouldn't have gone to the effort of making a separate shard. I just can't figure out what the difference might be.

From what I have heard, Victory has been getting the same updates as HC, so in terms of gameplay there will be no difference between New Victory and all the current 5 HC servers - right? If that is the case, and if HC players are allowed to play on the New Victory shard and vice versa, then for all practical purposes New Victory is simply a 6th shard identical to the 5 current ones.

That Victory and Paragon won't need their own License with NCSOFT?

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

1 hour ago, Darmian said:

That Victory and Paragon won't need their own License with NCSOFT?

From what I understand from reading the letter and on my understanding of licensing. If they join the homecoming servers then they would fall under game development and expansion. So when we log in one day we will see Victory and/or Paragon servers on our server list of servers to login on and play either at the same time or at different times.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm old enough to know better, but sometimes I still do it anyway.

On 1/17/2024 at 1:44 PM, Kaoticken said:

Awesome news!!

Can't believe I only managed to get back into the Cities just before Christmas and am here for such a monumental shift!

As one of the 'Oldies' who was there in the beginning, who stood there at the end, who has NEVER found anything quite like the Joy of the City of Heroes/Villains - THANK YOU - Thank you from the depths of my usually uncaring heart. 

This. This right here. I was there in the beginning and there in the end. Gave up thinking it would ever come back after a few years and only just discovered this at Christmas.

I made 3 toons last night and each time I signed in to play I just sat there overwhelmed with pure giddiness and nostalgia watching everyone load in. Damn near cried a few times. Hormones, ...it happens when we get older. 

Anyways, to all the people who made this possible and never gave up (even though I just found out), you are amazing and valued and respected and treasured. We don't get older we become legends and you all are definitely gonna be told about to my future grandchildren as I've talked about the epic shutdown situation of this game to my own kids. 

Thanks. All I can say is thanks for preserving a bit of the past and ensuring happiness for elders like me in the future. ❤️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
11 hours ago, Force Redux said:

Great news all around! If Victory is coming as it's own shard what of Paragon?

Paragon's existing character database will be copied (for all players who consent to their data being transferred) to Vanguard, our new perpetual closed beta environment, and then those players can also play on any of the live shards as well. We will be setting up a simple process for anyone to be able to apply to join the closed beta programme, although there is already quite a large crossover between the Homecoming and Paragon communities.

4 hours ago, Icono04 said:

Nearly there. Victory will be appearing as 6th live shard (alongside Excelsior, Everlasting, etc). All Victory players who consent to their data being transferred will have their characters, supergroups, bases, etc copied into new Victory. Then anyone else who wants to play on Victory will also be able to join them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Nearly there. Victory will be appearing as 6th live shard (alongside Excelsior, Everlasting, etc). All Victory players who consent to their data being transferred will have their characters, supergroups, bases, etc copied into new Victory. Then anyone else who wants to play on Victory will also be able to join them!

Oh thank good! Another 1000 Charakter slots! I was beginning to run dry... 😇

• Haha 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Is there much point in applying to the Dev team? I did this years ago and not a single word or reply as to what is going on with the application and so on. Nada. I actually reached out to a few Devs about ideas etc. I organize large teams in my real life and helping HC enticed me. Not sure if it was just me or everyone that didn't make the cut got ignored (if anyone did make the cut, that is). 

Regardless, I appreciate the HC team and all they do. This is big and great news. Hopefully adding the Paragon and Victory Devs to the team may result in some more content and some new ideas. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

Is there much point in applying to the Dev team? I did this years ago and not a single word or reply as to what is going on with the application and so on. Nada. I actually reached out to a few Devs about ideas etc. I organize large teams in my real life and helping HC enticed me. Not sure if it was just me or everyone that didn't make the cut got ignored (if anyone did make the cut, that is). 

Regardless, I appreciate the HC team and all they do. This is big and great news. Hopefully adding the Paragon and Victory Devs to the team may result in some more content and some new ideas. 

All you can do is apply if you feel you are up to the task, my wife applied as she want to try to update the graphic looks of the game, while she hoping she doesnt get it, I hope she does as thats the only way she will play the game with me.

I'm old enough to know better, but sometimes I still do it anyway.

2 hours ago, mrdeeds7 said:

Sheathed bows!!

Not sure if that's a sheathed bow, or some sort of new back ornament, but yeah a sheathed bow would be cool.  If it is I think that's also a new model for bows too, it looks like two bows somehow fitted inside each other, very fancy.

Also saw a rubber duck head (at least for the "think tank" option) and an eyeball head, nice, two options I've wanted for a while.  (Well, I wanted a fish and a chicken that could fit inside the think tank, but the rubber duck is a good one too.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Appreciation to all of you on the CoH Homecoming Team for continuing to make this game available to all of us. This is the only video game I have played consistently since Live, and I can't thank you enough for all you've done and continue to do, for the Homecoming Community. My toons light another torch in gratitude to you all!

• City Council
3 hours ago, BurtHutt said:

Yes, it's definitely worth applying. Last time around we weren't able to follow through with recruitment due to legal uncertainties. That's no longer a problem, obviously 🙂

We are however receiving a lot of applications, so it might take a little while to get back to you! We were also considering reaching out to some of the old applicants, but we're not sure if we will have the bandwidth to do that soon due to the volume of new applicants, so definitely reapply if you're interested!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

i am so excited for this even though i am new, more content is always good 😄

Known about it for some time, never played much, but now i will for sure. Glad i rediscovered it

Edited by Cl3arSky
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is amazing to hear!!  I just wish I had known about this server 4 years ago.  I knew someone was attempting to resurrect the game from the graveyard, but I didn't expect them to include newer content!  Yes, I miss playing the original CoH, it was my first MMO on PC (I played Everquest on PS2, and then FF XI also on PS2).  I had a really good high end character that I wanted to recreate, but couldn't remember her details (she went by the name Phoenix).  Again, more than anything, I am very happy and excited that the game has been launched. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1