Patch Notes for February 20th, 2024 - Issue 27, Page 7

I like updates that swap out AE buildings for something else. The only place I think we need AE is inside Pocket D. We should set out to reclaim the plots of land taken up by them in the city, reverting them to what they used to be, or something new. But maybe keep a couple of them, for those who don't want to be blinded by player particles or something. lol

Edited by scarasyte
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

So tip drops are pretty hilariously bugged.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Be level 20
  2. Have a full compliment of tips. (This works with either Valentines or regular tips)
  3. Note which tips you have
  4. Fight enemies that are eligible to drop tips.
  5. Note that you continue to get tip drops
  6. Compare your tips after the drop to before. The tips you have will be replaced with new ones.

-- Edit --

So apparently this is WAI.

Can we please have an option to disable drop notification crawls? This pushes them over the limit into 'Distracting', especially on longer missions.

Edited by mechahamham
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mechahamham said:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Be level 20
  2. Have a full compliment of tips. (This works with either Valentines or regular tips)
  6. Compare your tips after the drop to before. The tips you have will be replaced with new ones.

Tested with Starcki on Excelsior

This is an intentional change.  As per the notes:

Tip System

• When a tip drops and you are at the maximum number of tips, under certain conditions your oldest tip will be automatically dismissed to make room for the new tip.
    • This currently only applies to alignment tips, exploration tips, and spring fling valentines tips.
    • Morality tips will never be dismissed automatically, nor will Halloween or special mission-related tips such as Wizard's Weakness.
    • Alignment tips can be dismissed to make room for a morality tip, otherwise only tips of the same type that dropped can be dismissed.
    • Any tips for which you have begun investigation and obtained a mission from will not be automatically dismissed.
  • Like 5

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

• Developer
2 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I skimmed the notes quickly, but i'm curious, are there any changes in the live build that weren't in RC3.5?

Hello ZorkNemesis,

Between RC3.5 and today there were a handful of tweaks to Storm Blast that can be seen in the patch notes regarding the "Storm Brewing" mechanic, increased proc chances, and a change to the jump distance on Chain Lightning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, mechahamham said:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Be level 20

Tested with Starcki on Excelsior

That sounds about right based on the patch notes. 

Tip System

• When a tip drops and you are at the maximum number of tips, under certain conditions your oldest tip will be automatically dismissed to make room for the new tip.
    • This currently only applies to alignment tips, exploration tips, and spring fling valentines tips.
    • Morality tips will never be dismissed automatically, nor will Halloween or special mission-related tips such as Wizard's Weakness.
    • Alignment tips can be dismissed to make room for a morality tip, otherwise only tips of the same type that dropped can be dismissed.
    • Any tips for which you have begun investigation and obtained a mission from will not be automatically dismissed.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Still amazed that people are using an unintended-for-mass-damage-power as a mass-damage-power and getting upset when it's brought in line.  The game has plenty of win buttons, but man, it should not have a super-win-button.  Let's all relax and play.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Geez. Y'all been busy!

I want to say thank you for all your efforts.  I don't know exactly how they'll work for me, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Brawling Humiliator in the big ol' mech lookin' Tier 2 costume one day, completely wasting it just throwing hands. 🙂

2 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

Right but that's also part of it using it to help larger areas of the battle etc, so some do "rely" on it, flashfire, then cast bonfire so there is some control when it wears off, saving cinders for "oh crap" moments. Point again that this never should have happened, even in the epics, but at the very least not in the primary control sets.

You also just mentioned the two top tier combos with fire control, so already using the meta builds with it doesn't really allow for understanding of other worse combos and how they play. So it is actually a very big nerf to actual control for the control set.

The power also heavily needed the cast time reduced to the 1.67 version that neutron bomb had. Rest assured I'll never pick up bonfire in the epic ever again as well with these. Quicksand too, it didn't need the nerf, almost never saw anyone who actually ever picked it up in the epics, i'd imagine that'll be almost never now, but it still needed the cast reduced to 1s per it's animation as well, not 3 :/.

It's the second to last power in Fire Primary for controller and dominator, and the updated "Dumpster Fire" version is a skip imo (unless you just must cram a set into the late choices). Sure it was too good slotted kb2kd but it seems there were many ways to change this for the overall better and not make it a Primary skip. Looking at other control sets at level 26 there are some fantastic picks and this went from subjectively the best to one of the worst when it comes to control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

So, you can't have that sybil piece just as an option to add the loin cloth front and cloth on the back? It has to the entire set? That is super lame and disappointing. You also have to have that belt as part of it too? Not sure I'll be using it and it was the only thing I was really looking forward to. Ah well.

10 minutes ago, SSR said:

Was this change intentional?   I use window scaling to change the size of my windows but now I cannot apply them after changing it to a different size. 

image.png.5af3e918d8a9d45a0d9de58e1854fe28.png

The "Apply Now" button was altered so that it only pops up if something actually has to be applied and isn't occuring automatically as you adjust it.  Is that slider changing something as you move it?

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

12 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

So, you can't have that sybil piece just as an option to add the loin cloth front and cloth on the back? It has to the entire set? That is super lame and disappointing. You also have to have that belt as part of it too? Not sure I'll be using it and it was the only thing I was really looking forward to. Ah well.

I can't even find it in the costume options...where is it located?

5 minutes ago, Captynrj said:

I can't even find it in the costume options...where is it located?

On a female character, the sybil dress can be found under Sybil Tight or Sybil With Skin, which are options in the Upper Body menu. They don't show up if you have some sort of back detail; similarly, selecting the sybil options locks out having a cape, backpack, or wings.

21 minutes ago, BurtHutt said:

I believe the reasoning here is that the top and bottoms textures don't quite work at the middle - this is also why only the sybil-specific belt is available. I might be wrong here, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Frostmoon said:

On a female character, the sybil dress can be found under Sybil Tight or Sybil With Skin, which are options in the Upper Body menu. They don't show up if you have some sort of back detail; similarly, selecting the sybil options locks out having a cape, backpack, or wings.

I believe the reasoning here is that the top and bottoms textures don't quite work at the middle - this is also why only the sybil-specific belt is available. I might be wrong here, though.

Showed up once I disabled the cape..thanks so much!!

• Like 1

Sleet, Infrigidate and my shields are not showing a counter on my Mastermind power.   Seems like it shows sometimes and it doesn't on other times.

image.png.888f438523e0c435aae14911ddbdde53.png  image.png.9d1483c6a7144748f15f80c384005808.png

Edited by SSR

8 minutes ago, SSR said:

Sleet, Infrigidate and my shields are not showing a counter on my Mastermind power.   Seems like it shows sometimes and it doesn't on other times.

Yes, precisely why I wanted to make this post earlier. Go to Options, Windows, and Power section. You can edit "Power Recharge Timer" setting to finetune what you want.

3 hours ago, DukeGude said:

Options - Windows, Recharge Timer.

In case you were wondering like me - you can now finetune options like which powers get a recharge timer, colour coding, etc. By default it was show time for longer than 1 minute or something to that effect, but I prefer to see it always so I changed it here. 

Power Tray labels can also show the actual key binding for customized binds!

Still looking to find more QoL things that make experience that much better. Appreciate this one

Power recharge timer - always setting.png

• Thanks 1

Wowee look at all this stuff!!!

RIP the Mid's team! Looking forward to their next update too!

My Mind / Time Controller is eager to test the TK/Lift changes and I'm still hoping Mass Confusion gets a recharge decrease some day to make it usable more than once a mission. 🤞

Edit: NVM, with Telekinesis recharge bumped to 2 minutes now and both Total Domination and Mass Confusion at 4 minutes, that's some super sporadic mass control. 😕 Oh well, archiving the Mind controllers again.

But hey, I really love the new volume control! And the GUI and tray tweaks are pretty sweet!

Edited by ninja surprise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Microphone 1

VERY GLAD to see the changes to gamma correction and the new slider! Great work. Is there or will there be a slash command to adjust that?

And a suggestion for improved graphics... HDR. The slash command /useHDR and /useFP do work, but I suspect their not up to modern specs.

Did something change with the graphics? Seems like the 'fog of distance' got turned off by accident? It seems to work fine on map objects, and on maps enclosed by War Walls, but on maps without those something broke. The foggy blur along the horizon that prevents it looking so uncanny is also gone.

Here's Croatoa, Ouroboros, Striga and Talos. Talos, despite being enclosed in War Walls, also has this issue. Perhaps it's something with bodies of water? Water texture suddenly rendering where it shouldn't, while other things that should render don't quite work, and it messes with the fog?

Something definitely seems messed up with rendering as well as details on objects like trees or cars pop into view instantly instead of gradually fading in as you/they get closer like they used to.

screenshot_240221-03-50-57.thumb.jpg.7c179dbe43bf7a0ba2c5941b9340a8e5.jpg

screenshot_240221-03-49-02.thumb.jpg.ee4ddc9d4a1bee38c8f412af661eea7f.jpg

screenshot_240221-03-46-28.thumb.jpg.c1ee9a4f4c6301d6d1fbde21c90e4e35.jpgscreenshot_240221-03-43-56.thumb.jpg.fe4b9fc6c485aa4dc1f4e4842acbc7c0.jpgscreenshot_240221-03-41-17.thumb.jpg.ee1e4a1dec190cc8e7e45d795b669509.jpg

It's only really visible during the daytime as at night it all blends together once it gets too dark to see, as with the most recent screenshot during the day being here during the night.

screenshot_240221-04-01-32.thumb.jpg.a5a76de1bb01cdbdf077c2cc4c38668a.jpg

Edited by Night
  • Thanks 1