What's your favorite scrapper, and why?

FFFF

I can't seem to get into Scrappers though I try lured as I am after spending 20 minutes killing an AV. But I always feel squishy, and when I build for survival the damage stops being impressive. I thrive surrounded by an ocean of enemies and for most of the game being a Tanker suits me but then I get those 20 minutes fight and my eye strays.

Edit: It also doesn't help half the armor sets don't have agro auras and I'm long past any interest in chasing runners at every single spawn I come across.

Edited by Sovera
  • Thumbs Up 1

The AoE on axe is fantastic, I haven't seen it that strong on any of the other sets I've played. I particularly like the draw in effect on cyclone for keeping everything bunched together when it's otherwise getting bashed around.

I'm not making too many scrappers. I keep trying to make brutes happen and they all fizzle around 30. The few scrappers I do make tend to be more successful because I have a clearer idea what I want from the character.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 6:08 PM, Shadowstorm06 said:

This begs the question Yomo: which is your favorite? Or top 3? Haha

I'd say from my chart, it's hard to go wrong with Bio, Radiation, or Ice as an armor.  After that, it's mainly up to what do you like looking at attack-wise.

Staff/Bio; Ice/Radiation; Battle Axe/Ice are solid top 3s, but I'll throw in Dark Melee/Regen and Broadsword/Invulnerability as outliers that I have a special spot in my heart for.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

My main, Spaghetti Betty, is an StJ/Rad scrapper! I've also recently trained up an MA/Rad that has turned into an AV stomper. Other than trying out a few oddball combos, I don't really play a whole lot of them!

• Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

3 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'd say from my chart, it's hard to go wrong with Bio, Radiation, or Ice as an armor.

Next time you're rolling up something, fill in that empty space where Katana meets Rad Armor.

Thank me later.

• Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

Next time you're rolling up something, fill in that empty space where Katana meets Rad Armor.

Thank me later.

I’ve seen both your Kat/Rad and Psi/Shield. Which one would you pick between those two? 😛

Stone/nin is doing something wonderful for me.

Seismic has 91% chance to crit from shinobi hide. That ups it to mag 6 hold and it has a high chance of triggering crit strikes.

Tons of aoe control and ffb procs galore. Aoe damage is a tad low, but at least tremor is 15ft and all the ffb spam brings procd fireball around quickly. 

Stone burns crazy end , nin fills it up. 

Nin has (very) low ddr, Stone has oodles of control. 

Eventually it will be a t9 build, but it is playing very well even in its "immature" state.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BuiltDifferent5 said:

I’ve seen both your Kat/Rad and Psi/Shield. Which one would you pick between those two? 😛

Tough call.

Stylistically the Psi/SD pulls ahead. Flying around with the Energy Shield skin colored to match the Psi melee blade attacks makes for an epic look and feel.

I've done some crazy stuff with her too, including a solo 1* ASF run ... albeit with a lot of deaths and multiple sessions.

Mechanically though, the Kat/Rad is more reliable, particularly with Shadow Meld in the build. Radiation Therapy does a lot of heavy lifting, and inside Meltdown one can get a lot of +dmg stacking up quickly.

That said, DDR and comprehensive mez protection in /SD does wonders as well. Ask me about the time I dropped a Meltdown+Build-Up+Hybrid boosted Ground Zero while confused within range of the whole team. Or, you know, don't, as the result is probably obvious. 🤣

I should give both of them a solid Page 7 build. Psi/SD might drop Body for the new Psi pool - Harmonic Mind and the snipe are very appealing. If I were looking for max numbers on her I'd drop the "blades only" rule and work TKB into the rotation.

Been meaning to toy with cycling Meltdown/RoP/Meld with the Kat/Rad to see if that works as well as it does for some of the builds I've seen posted.

From a raw, max numbers, totally meta approach though, neither are going to be a match for some other combinations, but they are both very, very solid. I've never gotten particularly impressive Pylon or Trapdoor times from them, for example, but they're both quite durable. Most importantly, they're both very fun to play.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 2

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

image.png.2c46729e5bb85a182c7d8885026721ae.png

This is my current list of rolled/projects... Aiming to get one of each Primary to 50. Only Spines and TW are complete. Elm, Rad, Stone, and WM are locked in/rolled. The rest need names/concepts/outfits... and could be juggled on secondaries/epics.

• Like 1

Death is the best debuff.

3 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Tough call.

Stylistically the Psi/SD pulls ahead. Flying around with the Energy Shield skin colored to match the Psi melee blade attacks makes for an epic look and feel.

I've done some crazy stuff with her too, including a solo 1* ASF run ... albeit with a lot of deaths and multiple sessions.

Mechanically though, the Kat/Rad is more reliable, particularly with Shadow Meld in the build. Radiation Therapy does a lot of heavy lifting, and inside Meltdown one can get a lot of +dmg stacking up quickly.

That said, DDR and comprehensive mez protection in /SD does wonders as well. Ask me about the time I dropped a Meltdown+Build-Up+Hybrid boosted Ground Zero while confused within range of the whole team. Or, you know, don't, as the result is probably obvious. 🤣

I should give both of them a solid Page 7 build. Psi/SD might drop Body for the new Psi pool - Harmonic Mind and the snipe are very appealing. If I were looking for max numbers on her I'd drop the "blades only" rule and work TKB into the rotation.

Been meaning to toy with cycling Meltdown/RoP/Meld with the Kat/Rad to see if that works as well as it does for some of the builds I've seen posted.

From a raw, max numbers, totally meta approach though, neither are going to be a match for some other combinations, but they are both very, very solid. I've never gotten particularly impressive Pylon or Trapdoor times from them, for example, but they're both quite durable. Most importantly, they're both very fun to play.

THE RULE OF COOL. I need to look at updated mine as well. I took ball lightning and Zapp on mine, but the new psi pool looks interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/3/2024 at 5:12 PM, Sovera said:

I can't seem to get into Scrappers though I try lured as I am after spending 20 minutes killing an AV. But I always feel squishy, and when I build for survival the damage stops being impressive. I thrive surrounded by an ocean of enemies and for most of the game being a Tanker suits me but then I get those 20 minutes fight and my eye strays.

Edit: It also doesn't help half the armor sets don't have agro auras and I'm long past any interest in chasing runners at every single spawn I come across.

I consider myself to have one truly elite character and it's a scrapper. By elite, I mean it can solo the first mission of a +4/x8 km itf with no insps and no deaths in under 30 minutes... including the ambush at the end. I've got tanks that can survive it but not really under 30 minutes. I've got other characters that do great until the ambush. Only one that can do it all: dm/shield. With harmonic mind I can easily run with ageless radial which means I spend a lot of time immune to -rech and capped DDR. Dark won't set the pylon world on fire (~2:30) but in actual gameplay where I can saturate soul drain it's a beast.

My fave scrapper, and I've played a few, is my Ice/Dark. You don't see many around, and I don't care that 'you shouldn't play resist sets on a scrapper' or 'it doesn't have a taunt aura'. /DA is a super capable set on a scrapper - you have the big heal, exotic resists, stealth that means you can fight in close proximity to other groups without aggro-ing them, auras... and Ice is just fun fun fun, with a super reliable knockdown, some heavy hitting ST attacks, a literally cool cone attack... I just zoom-hover about looking like a flying smudge freezing stuff.