changes on Posi 1?

Diargoa

6 minutes ago, Diargoa said:

The City Hall Door can now be triggered by just being near it? 

yes.

the way it works is this when you go to rescue the 4 captured heroes there is a mission to do so, when you save the last hero the mission updates to avoid the COT ambush, which is triggered the moment you get in proximity to the doors and which if you havent cleared the stairs can lead to ALOT of cross agro especially when the rear attack wave comes

Best tactics ive learned from doing posi 1 are these

1: when you enter make sure the group stays together to better clear the mobs around the heroes

2: DO NOT rescue the 4th and final hero DO NOT RESCUE them 

3: clear the area around the stairs first including mobs on the ground and to the sides of the doors

4: NOW rescue the last hero and approach the door which will trigger the ambush

5: Melee upfront along with MM minions to stack the bad guys as they come out. Ranged and control in the rear to damage and hold them as they come watch for the rear attack wave which comes around third or 4th wave and reverse your formation so the melee can catch the rear wave coming in

6: Kick mage booty and profit 😺

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

8 minutes ago, catsi563 said:

3: clear the area around the stairs first including mobs on the ground and to the sides of the doors

I don't know how many Posi 1's I've run and never heard this simple, effective-sounding technique.  Thanks!  I'll try to get the next team I work with to try this, though I feel herding cats on fire is easier.

• Thumbs Up 1

I knew the ambush was triggered by getting close to the door, and always tried to be very careful clearing the spawns nearby. Then a couple months ago I ran with someone who suggested clearing the spawns before rescuing the 4th hero. 

So much easier! Except when running with folks who can’t be bothered to listen to team chat 😜

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I don't know how many Posi 1's I've run and never heard this simple, effective-sounding technique.  Thanks!  I'll try to get the next team I work with to try this, though I feel herding cats on fire is easier.

The best technique is to send one player to knock on the front door while half your team simultaneously fights all the mobs around the stairs, and the other half of your team stands in a safe spot discussing strategy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Microphone 1

Just now, Ghost said:

The best technique is to send one player to knock on the front door while half your team simultaneously fights all the mobs around the stairs, and the other half of your team stands in a safe spot discussing strategy.

Ah, yes.  No doubt inspired by the Leroy Jenkins tactic.

• Haha 2

Always was. The trigger is actually the steps right before the door. A flier (has happened more than once to me) that lands in front of the door does not trigger the ambush and needs to backtrack a bit to activate it.

The advice above to clear the surrounding area near the stairs is not a bad one but a bit over cautious since a full team does not need THAT much care. But that said the constant CoT mages will stack Earthquakes if they aren't defeated fast enough which can be compounded by people trying to move away and attracting those spawns around said stairs so clearing the stairs is not a bad strategy. And it's all XP anyway.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ghost said:

sorry, i didn’t read anything you just put in the chat for the last 25 minutes as i closed the window and put my monitor upside down

anyway i’m going use nothing but my T1 defender blast attack during the whole TF and completely ignore all of my primary support powers, might DC for two of the missions mid way through

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Sovera said:

The advice above to clear the surrounding area near the stairs is not a bad one but a bit over cautious since a full team does not need THAT much care.

I think it's worse than overly cautious.  If there's one thing I've learned PuGing Posi 1 it's that the odds at least one person isn't going to read your instructions are at least 50/50 if not worse.  They're in "SMASH OBJECTIVE MARKER!" mode and no map icon is safe from their wrath.  Not the fallen heroes.  And not the door once the heroes have been saved.

Saving the heroes and then rushing the door might be the safest plan, really, because both the people who are listening and the people who aren't are at least all doing the same thing so... teamwork!

Even if you draw some stray aggro, the key is just getting most of the team to body block that doorway and grind up the ambushers as they pour out of it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, MoonSheep said:

sorry, i didn’t read anything you just put in the chat for the last 25 minutes as i closed the window and put my monitor upside down

anyway i’m going use nothing but my T1 defender blast attack during the whole TF and completely ignore all of my primary support powers, might DC for two of the missions mid way through

You're hired!  Go stand by that door!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, ZemX said:

I think it's worse than overly cautious.  If there's one thing I've learned PuGing Posi 1 it's that the odds at least one person isn't going to read your instructions are at least 50/50 if not worse.  They're in "SMASH OBJECTIVE MARKER!" mode and no map icon is safe from their wrath.  Not the fallen heroes.  And not the door once the heroes have been saved.

Saving the heroes and then rushing the door might be the safest plan, really, because both the people who are listening and the people who aren't are at least all doing the same thing so... teamwork!

Even if you draw some stray aggro, the key is just getting most of the team to body block that doorway and grind up the ambushers as they pour out of it.

Bruh... Seen this so often 😄 Someone starts clearing the stairs, others move in, no communication, CoT bubbles everywhere, Earthquakes everywhere, no one kites the mobs away from the Earthquakes, chaos, death.

19 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Bruh... Seen this so often 😄 Someone starts clearing the stairs, others move in, no communication, CoT bubbles everywhere, Earthquakes everywhere, no one kites the mobs away from the Earthquakes, chaos, death.

Counter for COT bubbles = "useless" sleeps. >.>

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Wow, i only leave this for one night and so many replies 🙄

8 hours ago, catsi563 said:

yes.

the way it works is this when you go to rescue the 4 captured heroes there is a mission to do so, when you save the last hero the mission updates to avoid the COT ambush, which is triggered the moment you get in proximity to the doors and which if you havent cleared the stairs can lead to ALOT of cross agro especially when the rear attack wave comes

Best tactics ive learned from doing posi 1 are these

1: when you enter make sure the group stays together to better clear the mobs around the heroes

5: Melee upfront along with MM minions to stack the bad guys as they come out. Ranged and control in the rear to damage and hold them as they come watch for the rear attack wave which comes around third or 4th wave and reverse your formation so the melee can catch the rear wave coming in

6: Kick mage booty and profit 😺

Thank you for the confirmation, and the tips. Really appreciate it and will try this later 👍

• Thumbs Up 2

As Sovera stated, the trigger is by the stairs, not the door itself.  I've teleported to the door and hung out.

You can also port past the archway once inside which will not trigger the cut scene.  (If for some reason you want to rescue Azuria without the dupes being up first.)

Close?  Like it matters?  I regularly run Posi 1s.  I almost always say in team chat “Please do bot go near City Hall steps until team is ready”.  This seems to either have no effect or trigger a deep desire to get inside….

image.gif.c544441cb0757338b4de270d74cb46ea.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Snarky once formed his own Posi 1.

When it came time to clear the mobs in front of the stairs, he charged up them and to the door like a madman.  After quickly dying, he suddenly quit the TF and immediately came on here to post about the horrible experience he had and the idiot leading the TF.

True story.

I swear I’m not making it up.

I wasn’t there.  I read about it on a porta potty wall.

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Snarky once formed his own Posi 1.

When it came time to clear the mobs in front of the stairs, he charged up them and to the door like a madman.  After quickly dying, he suddenly quit the TF and immediately came on here to post about the horrible experience he had and the idiot leading the TF.

True story.

I swear I’m not making it up.

I wasn’t there.  I read about it on a porta potty wall.

Sometimes a Blaster just KNOWS he can Tank.  You have to believe 

image.thumb.jpeg.6984f4c02d283d8ebf16d15c3fd06c9f.jpeg

• Haha 5
  • Microphone 2

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Close?  Like it matters?  I regularly run Posi 1s.  I almost always say in team chat “Please do bot go near City Hall steps until team is ready”.  This seems to either have no effect or trigger a deep desire to get inside….

image.gif.c544441cb0757338b4de270d74cb46ea.gif

It's kind of like when there is this bright red button that says DO NOT PUSH.   There's always one person who cannot resist.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, MoonSheep said:

You guys didn't wait for me to return from extended afk before you started the mission?

• Haha 4

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

• 3 weeks later