[OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for March 8th, 2024

• Developer

Powers

Arsenal Control

• Liquid Nitrogen: Now properly inherits slow enhancements.
  • Tri-Cannon: This pet can now taunt Raid Tagged targets. Can now proc Containment damage.
  • Tear Gas: This pseudopet now does damage against held targets. Now takes damage enhancements and sets.

Miscellaneous

• Playtest Buff AoE: The test power now only affects team/league mates, instead of all players in the zone.

Missions

Striga Isle

• Fixed two missions in Mage-Killer Tatiana's arc where certain bosses would not activate their combat AI at the correct time.

Mission Architect

• Removed interrupt time from the NPC versions of Trip Mine and Time Bomb.

Consignment House

• Fixed a bug that could cause the auction server to return sale history for the wrong item.

Enemies

Nictus

• Standardized taunt values and removed -Range on Dark Dwarf Alpha mobs.

Psychic Clockwork

• Standardized taunt values and removed -Range on Cannon Rook mobs.
  • Cannon Rook's Sprocket companion weapon now mourns upon their Rook's defeat.
  • Cannon Rook's back key now stops turning on death like other Clockwork.
  • Assembler Lord's back key now stops turning on death like other Clockwork.

Aether Rewards

• Corrected Benevolab vendor dialog to the now shortened 'Prismatic Aether' salvage name.
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 6
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Are the alpha/beta values for XP on critter trip mine and time bomb being raised, since the interrupt is being removed? The current live server values give no additional XP when adding trip mine to bosses, and 1% additional XP when adding time bomb to bosses. That made sense before because the powers were broken, but now they’re powers the critters will actually use.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Hell yes I can have even further trip mine/time bomb spam on critters. 

EDIT: Also, far as AE related fixes/changes, could we see the new mobs added in P7 added to their respective enemy group listings in AE?

Edited by Maris

4 hours ago, The Curator said:

Playtest Buff AoE: The test power now only effects team/league mates, instead of all players in the zone.

Affects.

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Ty for the continued tuning. Can i ask what is causing all the containment "procs" to go off on my screen. I noticed this on the beta server and my controller is having the containment effect firing off frequently when conditions are met. I want to replicate this on live if this is an settings option. I think its neat and gives me the effect that my controller is doing double damage frequently

Arsenal Control

• Tri-Cannon: This pet can now taunt Raid Tagged targets. Can now proc Containment damage.

Yeah, thank you.

Testet against Nightstar, Siege und Requiem and the taunt is now working. 

• Like 2

Does the below mean this long standing AH bug is fixed? Cause if so that is awesome!!!!

Consignment House

• Fixed a bug that could cause the auction server to return sale history for the wrong item.

On 3/8/2024 at 10:05 AM, The Curator said:

Powers

Arsenal Control.

• Tri-Cannon: This pet can now taunt Raid Tagged targets. Can now proc Containment damage.

This seems like a big change.  I don't think there are other pets that do this.  Did a quick spin earlier on brainstorm and it's a super nice change.

Would it to be possible to confirm if the inability to use Teleport Target on the Tri-cannon is by design?  Reported it in the bugs forum earlier.

• City Council
5 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Does the below mean this long standing AH bug is fixed? Cause if so that is awesome!!!!

Probably. Hopefully. Fingers crossed.

It should be, but it's not really possible to test on beta due to high traffic conditions being part of the set of circumstances that trigger it to start happening.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Frosticus said:

All other pets that taunt do this

I logged in with both my ice/ and earth/ controller and neither frosty or poo man were doing containment damage to immobilized baddies.  Both of those taunt from what I recall.  Am I missing something (maybe I'm blind).  I had the pet damage window up and never saw containment pop up either on screen or in the damage log.

Is there another pet that does this maybe?

• The Curator changed the title to [Open Beta] Patch Notes for March 8th, 2024
10 hours ago, evetsleep said:

I logged in with both my ice/ and earth/ controller and neither frosty or poo man were doing containment damage to immobilized baddies.  Both of those taunt from what I recall.  Am I missing something (maybe I'm blind).  I had the pet damage window up and never saw containment pop up either on screen or in the damage log.

Is there another pet that does this maybe?

After checking city of data, it doesn't look like any other controller pet gets containment damage, this is something new and entirely unique to arsenal control. It was a reasonable assumption to make on Frosticus' part, though. It makes sense and would be cool if other sets got this at some point.

Edited by fiend

44 minutes ago, fiend said:

After checking city of data, it doesn't look like any other controller pet gets containment damage, this is something new and entirely unique to arsenal control. It was a reasonable assumption to make on Frosticus' part, though. It makes sense and would be cool if other sets got this at some point.

My comment was with respect to the taunting aspect now affecting targets with the "raid" tag. Now I'm wondering if I misunderstood what @evetsleepwas referring to.

6 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

My comment was with respect to the taunting aspect now affecting targets with the "raid" tag. Now I'm wondering if I misunderstood what @evetsleepwas referring to.

Yeah sorry.  I was referring to the Tri-cannon now doing containment damage which I had though was new.

Tri-Cannon changes are REALLY nice!  Throwing Enflame on a taunting sturdy pet that can proc double damage and dragging it’s rickety butt into the middle of a contained spawn…..yesssssssssss please and thank you!

6 hours ago, Crysis said:

Tri-Cannon changes are REALLY nice!  Throwing Enflame on a taunting sturdy pet that can proc double damage and dragging it’s rickety butt into the middle of a contained spawn…..yesssssssssss please and thank you!

Are you saying that Enflame gets containment too when used on Tri-Cannon?
No, enflame works as standard on it.

I still don't understand why you don't just double the damage of Tri-Cannon. 
Unless containment for pets is going to be spread across all the controller primaries?

Edited by LastHumanSoldier

42 minutes ago, LastHumanSoldier said:

Are you saying that Enflame gets containment too when used on Tri-Cannon?
No, enflame works as standard on it.

I still don't understand why you don't just double the damage of Tri-Cannon. 
Unless containment for pets is going to be spread across all the controller primaries?

Yeah sorry, I meant it’s cool to get containment double dmg from Tri-Cannon after this patch for -its own damage output- on top of the sweet Enflame damage (which is standard proc’d damage output, regardless of containment status).

Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

• Cobalt Arachne changed the title to [OPEN BETA] Patch Notes for March 8th, 2024