New alignment controls?

Underneath my Notoriety settings in the chat bubble there's an option to change alignment.  It doesn't seem to work for me.  Can someone tell me about this, please?  I tried to get a screenshot but hitting the keys caused the chat bubble window to drop.

• Banjo 1

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

I don't see them when I sign in on the live server.

• Banjo 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

14 hours ago, biostem said:

You can talk to Null the Gull in Pocket D to change your alignment at any time, as an alternative.

Nevering mind that this makes absolutely no sense — in game, real-world or in any Earth-analogue universe. 🙂

• Banjo 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

• City Council
23 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Nevering mind that this makes absolutely no sense — in game, real-world or in any Earth-analogue universe. 🙂

If you've never had a moral epiphany after talking to a seagull, you're doing life wrong.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 2
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

40 minutes ago, Widower said:

If you've never had a moral epiphany after talking to a seagull, you're doing life wrong.

13 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

You have to watch seagulls.

Fun fact: there's no such bird as a seagull; at least none (other than Jonathan Livingston S.) named that.

"Seagull" is a collective term for gulls, terns and other birds and all of the first are named "[Something Something] Gull."

And "seagulls" are sneaky, nasty, loud, obnoxious birds who pick on each other and everyone around them, and you can't get away from them, even at the Rocky Mountains. As my dad used to say, "Leave no tern unstoned."

But, kudos I guess to whomever came up with the thoroughly looney concept of Null T. Gull.

• Haha 1
  • Banjo 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, Shenanigunner said:

But, kudos I guess to whomever came up with the thoroughly looney concept of Null T. Gull.

IIRC, "Null the Gull" was not any one person's "invention" - Rather, there was a seagull asset that got erroneously tagged/named as "Null", then it later got implemented in the form we see today...

For reference:  https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Null_the_Gull

• Banjo 1

10 minutes ago, Tiger Shadow said:

Knowing that alignment changes can be put in the chat bubble menu gives me hope that group fly options could be put there too.

The quickchat stuff is just popmenus. Seems like those options could be easily... pop'ped.

(Just a general mild rant, here, again, that some vast number of "Gee, I wish [something] could be added to the game"'s are a few binds/bind changes/popmenus away. Binds and pops represent about 99% of the "official" "default" "stock" "handed down from Olympus" UI. But some significant number of users put up with continual gameplay problems instead.)

On 4/10/2024 at 1:53 PM, Marshal_General said:

You have to watch seagulls.

I can't believe I watched this whole thing!?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

On 4/10/2024 at 11:26 AM, Widower said:

That only happens to gullible people though!

• Moose 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

23 hours ago, Display Name said:

I can't believe I watched this whole thing!?

I think pulling a bad lip reading off a puppet is kind of cheating too...

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

I thought this would be a discussion about a new Controller/Dominator powerset where you control people's alignment.

Moral Quandary:  single target ranged Psi DMG + Hold  ("Target stops to evaluate its life choices.")

Change Alignment:  single target ranged Psi DMG + Confuse ("You've changed the outlook of the target... briefly.")

Mass Conversion:  PAoE Confuse ("Your words move the enemies and cause them to act opposite of their previous alignment.")

Powerful Words:  Toggle PBAoE Knockdown ("Enemies close enough to hear your rhetoric are so amazed that it can knock them off their feet.")

etc, etc, etc.

Someone get on this..