Reported?

• Game Master
On 4/20/2024 at 12:39 AM, Erratic1 said:

Or the report provoked a sigh, roll of the eyes, and dismissal.

As if we would ever do that to reports of someone standing too close to an RP group and being threatening with a donut......

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

Someone reported the "Reported" thread for thread necromancy.  It was dead for two whole months!

But, having read the thread, and being amused by it, I hereby declare that it was only mostly dead.

giphy.webp

Edited by JasperStone
  • Like 1

/e poofgone

2 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

As if we would ever do that to reports of someone standing too close to an RP group and being threatening with a donut......

Was the donut not gluten free?

Some of the specialty donuts in Portland are a bit threatening...

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2024 at 1:29 AM, UltraAlt said:

I don't think I've ever seen anything that looks like that mess of butchered fried potatoes

wendys-mcdonalds-french-fries-mc-220712-

"French fries

"Fries" and "Hot chips" redirect here. For other uses, see Fries (disambiguation) and Hot chips (disambiguation).

French fries

Alternative names Chips, finger chips, fries, frites, hot chips, steak fries, slap chips

"French Fries" = "Skinny Chips"
These are the pathetic strawlike strangled slivers of potato that you get shovelled towards you by Fast-Food drive-through attendants.
(usually crying out for some proper condiments)

REAL "chips" are thick cut, golden, and delicious.
These range from the upmarket "triple cooked" sort that you get in restaurants (a bit like really good 'duck fat' roast potatoes: dry and lightly crunchy on the outside; yieldingly soft and fluffy on the inside)
image.jpeg.020d930c3cc55e0511be80ceb02c70fc.jpeg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjVavYTV_yFkumKcxE51lJQWyD54Xeo9E6pw&s
to more traditional fare (Deep Fried, just once, see below for examples!)
The latter can be DIVINE if they've been cooked with sufficient levels of skill and they're reasonably fresh rather than reheated.

Any UK resident worth their Salt (and Vinegar) has a favourite "chippy" (Traditional Chip Shop) - but in general the closer you get to a seaside fishing village the better they are.
There are a few in particular here in Northern Ireland that I will happily drive many, many miles out of my way to visit; such as "Mortons" in Ballycastle.

AF1QipPoRqducOCFUXEJYG9unLTDp9kVC4YbZTVmzgK-=w600-h321-p-k-no AF1QipPNrbm9ZcV_fGOpNcLpRAP24RMjflOqRynTbd9W=w600-h321-p-k-no AF1QipMDiU8wGTd9FHGrFm8nrq0Zy7PItmq3SdkNsLPn=w600-h988-p-k-no photo7jpg.jpg?w=1200&h=-1&s=1morton-s-fish-chip-shop.jpg?w=1200&h=-1&s=1 rccc-food-Mortons.jpg

On 7/13/2024 at 8:55 PM, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

Someone reported the "Reported" thread for thread necromancy.  It was dead for two whole months!

But, having read the thread, and being amused by it, I hereby declare that it was only mostly dead.

You just can’t win on forums. Start a new thread and someone will tell you to use the search function. Bump an old thread and someone will complain about “necrobumps”.  It’s so lame.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Azari said:

You just can’t win on forums. Start a new thread and someone will tell you to use the search function. Bump an old thread and someone will complain about “necrobumps”.  It’s so lame.

There was a recent necrobump that I did a quick read of and noticed some advice I gave which I think is no longer valid.   Those are the ones I get annoyed at. 😉

3 hours ago, Azari said:

Welcome to a gaming forum! You must be new here! Enjoy your stay!

6 hours ago, Azari said:

James_Franco_First_Time.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 8:47 PM, Glacier Peak said:

James_Franco_First_Time.jpg

I’ve been on gaming forums since 2011 or so and I still don’t get why people get upset about necrobumps. I think it’s some kind of symptom of OCD.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Azari said:

I’ve been on gaming forums since 2011 or so and I still don’t get why people get upset about necrobumps.

Depends on the necro.  The most hilariously absurd necros are the ones where someone swoops in five years later and directly responds to one of the posts in the thread, as if anyone is still waiting around for that response.   Extra funny if it's an angry response which like, "Oooo.. you showed him Mr. Five Years Later!  You win that argument... finally!"

If, on the other hand you necro a thread and preface your "5 years later" post with a "Hey, I found this old thread but it didn't quite answer my question, which is..." then that is useful.  it gives people all the previous context as well as your new question.  Or, you could start a new thread and just link to the old one.  The latter is probably much safer from the knee-jerk necro-hunters out there.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Depends on the necro.  The most hilariously absurd necros are the ones where someone swoops in five years later and directly responds to one of the posts in the thread, as if anyone is still waiting around for that response.   Extra funny if it's an angry response which like, "Oooo.. you showed him Mr. Five Years Later!  You win that argument... finally!"

If, on the other hand you necro a thread and preface your "5 years later" post with a "Hey, I found this old thread but it didn't quite answer my question, which is..." then that is useful.  it gives people all the previous context as well as your new question.  Or, you could start a new thread and just link to the old one.  The latter is probably much safer from the knee-jerk necro-hunters out there.

Even the “worst” of necrobumps feel like a big nothing burger. Those necro-hunters need to see a therapist.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 8:54 AM, Xaddy said:

So, maybe I said something I was supposed to. Not real sure. Someone said something to me, irritated me, so I let 'em have it. 
Now, they say I'm "reported". 

So...let's say whoever looks at this report decides I'm awful and deserve to be banned or suspended or whatever...do they tell me in an email, send a note to my global? 
Anyone know what that looks like? 

When it comes to your post, I am not sure what being on the receiving end of a report looks like. However, I have been in your shoes before (when it comes to wanting to verbally destroy someone)
and I will share this based on what I have learned throughout the years:

It’s best to be thick-skinned and mature against keyboard warriors and Internet gangsters. Just remember that the job of keyboard warriors and Internet gangsters is to play the fraud and victim card by goading people.

While it is tempting to verbally rip them apart because you felt wronged, maturity is about breathing, walking away and letting life deal with godawful people.

Enjoy gaming, spread love, uplift people who actually matter, and ignore halfwits. 

IMG_4898.jpeg

• Like 3

On 4/15/2024 at 11:15 AM, Oklahoman said:

I'm in no position to give an official answer. But, I did want to say to keep playing, keep having fun, and try not to get upset by something someone says to you in an online game from the comfort of their mother's basement.

OMG! Okie that was perfect advice. You sir are like the Yoda of paragon, with a better singing voice.

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2024 at 8:20 AM, Maelwys said:

"French Fries" = "Skinny Chips"
These are the pathetic strawlike strangled slivers of potato that you get shovelled towards you by Fast-Food drive-through attendants.
(usually crying out for some proper condiments)

REAL "chips" are thick cut, golden, and delicious.
These range from the upmarket "triple cooked" sort that you get in restaurants (a bit like really good 'duck fat' roast potatoes: dry and lightly crunchy on the outside; yieldingly soft and fluffy on the inside)
image.jpeg.020d930c3cc55e0511be80ceb02c70fc.jpeg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjVavYTV_yFkumKcxE51lJQWyD54Xeo9E6pw&s
to more traditional fare (Deep Fried, just once, see below for examples!)
The latter can be DIVINE if they've been cooked with sufficient levels of skill and they're reasonably fresh rather than reheated.

Any UK resident worth their Salt (and Vinegar) has a favourite "chippy" (Traditional Chip Shop) - but in general the closer you get to a seaside fishing village the better they are.
There are a few in particular here in Northern Ireland that I will happily drive many, many miles out of my way to visit; such as "Mortons" in Ballycastle.

AF1QipPoRqducOCFUXEJYG9unLTDp9kVC4YbZTVmzgK-=w600-h321-p-k-no AF1QipPNrbm9ZcV_fGOpNcLpRAP24RMjflOqRynTbd9W=w600-h321-p-k-no AF1QipMDiU8wGTd9FHGrFm8nrq0Zy7PItmq3SdkNsLPn=w600-h988-p-k-no photo7jpg.jpg?w=1200&h=-1&s=1morton-s-fish-chip-shop.jpg?w=1200&h=-1&s=1 rccc-food-Mortons.jpg

Now I miss all the good food I could get on the west coast, and decent fish 'n chips. Where I'm at now your only options for fried fresh fish is catfish, maybe some trout, and catfish.

Oh, and the German beer garden that had a market out front where I could get oodles and oodles of REAL Haribo gummies of all kinds (along with a lot of of great European food, but I went for the gummies).

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.