Can endurance cost get suppressed while travel powers are suppressed?

Combat Jumping is just too appealing all around for most characters.  And I am wondering if Infiltration and Stealths costs can go down after attacking.

there are probably other movement secondaries that can benefit from something like this

• Like 1

I'm in favor. The practical aspect is you just save a few seconds toggling it back on after a fight - on top of not having to remember to turn it back on. Only possible hangups might be if it's even possible with the current code, and if it's worth losing the reminder to newbies that toggles drain endurance and slotting for endurance and choosing toggles wisely is important.

• Thumbs Down 1

Aspiring game designer and minotaur main.

Anyone can tear something down. The true talent is building it back up again, better than before.

My collection of powerset suggestions - open to comments and feedback!

I'm not aware of any toggle in the game that stops using endurance while it's suppressed. That said, not all of Stealth's defense suppresses in combat. If it's still providing defense, it should continue to use endurance. Infiltration should be treated the same way that other travel powers are. Infiltration, Super Speed, Fly, Super Jump, etc. all suppress their movement buffs while in combat (and all have the exact same endurance cost). If you want the convenience of not having to toggle the power on and off, you have to pay the endurance tax.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

it sounds like OP doesn't want to go through the hassle of 

turning off travel powers when entering combat &

turning on travel powers when leaving   combat so

as a compromise perhaps, travel power could detoggle themselves

when and only when players choose to make an attack?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

7 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

it sounds like OP doesn't want to go through the hassle of 

turning off travel powers when entering combat &

turning on travel powers when leaving   combat so

as a compromise perhaps, travel power could detoggle themselves

when and only when players choose to make an attack?

And what do you do for players who keep their travel powers on while attacking?

If they do this it should ONLY be an option you pick in a setting. It should not apply for everyone.

Some folks have their build set up so that they can attack and run travel powers at the same time. That should NOT change.

4 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

And what do you do for players who keep their travel powers on while attacking?

If they do this it should ONLY be an option you pick in a setting. It should not apply for everyone.

Some folks have their build set up so that they can attack and run travel powers at the same time. That should NOT change.

fair enough,

with all the teleports

sprint, athletic run, and hoverboards 

I don't even take travel powers anymore 

so I forgot about that

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

51 minutes ago, Captain Fabulous said:

I think this should apply to all suppressed toggles. Why should we be paying full endurance if we're not getting the full benefits of the power? It's only fair.

I can't resist. /powercreep

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

4 hours ago, Vanden said:

Kheldian armor toggles do, when Shapeshifted.

Those powers use toggle suspension which is different from toggle suppression.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

38 minutes ago, macskull said:

Those powers use toggle suspension which is different from toggle suppression.

Might need to clean up the power attributes/effects naming.

"Set Mode

(Suppress_PoolToggles) (self only) for 2s"

Set Mode

(Suppress_JumpToggles) (self only) for 0.75s

Set Mode

(Suppress_RunToggles) (self only) for 0.75s

Set Mode

(Suppress_FlyToggles) (self only) for 0.75s

Edited by Glacier Peak

Toggle Suspension allows toggles to pause their periodic activations when under specific modes (e.g. Granite Armor, Kheldian Forms). This means the toggles will stop working and stop costing endurance while in one of these modes. Once you leave the mode, the toggles will resume automatically without the need to re-toggle. Once a toggle is suspended, you will no longer be able to activate it or deactivate it until you come out of the mode that caused the suspension.

Tank & Brute/Stone Armor/Granite Armor suspends the other Stone Armor armor toggles in the set while transformed instead of deactivating them. Also will suspend travel toggles (Run, Jump and Fly). Suspended toggles cost no endurance while running.

Peacebringer/Luminous Blast/Bright Nova suspends the other Peacebringer toggles in the set while transformed instead of deactivating them. Also will suspend pool power toggles. Suspended toggles cost no endurance while running.

Peacebringer/Luminous Aura/White Dwarf suspends the other Peacebringer toggles in the set while transformed instead of deactivating them. Also will suspend pool power toggles. Suspended toggles cost no endurance while running.

Warshade/Umbral Blast/Dark Nova suspends the other Warshade toggles in the set while transformed instead of deactivating them. Also will suspend pool power toggles. Suspended toggles cost no endurance while running.

Warshade/Umbral Aura/Black Dwarf suspends the other Warshade toggles in the set while transformed instead of deactivating them. Also will suspend pool power toggles. Suspended toggles cost no endurance while running.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Might need to clean up the power attributes/effects naming.

Probably. The key difference between the two is that toggle suspension is handled for the entire power so during suspension it’s like the power is not on at all, while toggle suppression is handled for individual attributes which means the power is still running and using endurance but not having some or any of its effects. The latter is how powers behave while you’re mezzed (in PvE, at least, in PvP defensive toggles don’t suppress at all while mezzed).

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

30 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

I think they all go down to 1.88%, which is combat jumping's defense

Stealth and Combat Jumping vary by AT (1.88% is scrapper/stalker/brute), however, Infiltration goes down to 0% in combat. 

3 minutes ago, Uun said:

Stealth and Combat Jumping vary by AT (1.88% is scrapper/stalker/brute), however, Infiltration goes down to 0% in combat. 

Every passing day I feel that Combat Jumping needs a nerf.

• Thumbs Down 3

On 4/18/2024 at 6:58 PM, kelika2 said:

Every passing day I feel that Combat Jumping needs a nerf.

... Thank Energy Transfer that you aren't in charge of anything balance-related.  The End Costs of travel powers are fine, and setting up keybinds or macros to turn them off in-combat and back on after-combat is something you can do in 15 seconds if clicking the powers manually is too much of a drag.  Most people just don't turn the powers off and eat the cost since they get sources of +Recovery from the team and other sources.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

2 hours ago, Shin Magmus said:

... Thank Energy Transfer that you aren't in charge of anything balance-related.  The End Costs of travel powers are fine, and setting up keybinds or macros to turn them off in-combat and back on after-combat is something you can do in 15 seconds if clicking the powers manually is too much of a drag.  Most people just don't turn the powers off and eat the cost since they get sources of +Recovery from the team and other sources.

.08 end a second is one of the lowest cost toggles in the game, with that you gain 1.8%~ defense and immobilization protection and fantastic short range movement.  In terms of secondary benefits from pool powers that towers over everything else.

I thought offering up alternatives was a nice idea.  Turns out I just offended you.