City of Heroes 20th Anniversary: Time Capsule Event, Q&A With Original Team, Costume Contests

Arcanum

55 minutes ago, bugsymac55 said:

yep, 20 years later ,cant quite do the weekenders or an all nighter

Me neither. I have a wife who might get upset about that kind of thing these days!

17 minutes ago, tjBridger said:

Me neither. I have a wife who might get upset about that kind of thing these days!

Same and my youthful stamina is gone! Gone are the days of staying up until 3am on coh, getting 3 hours sleep and then going to work.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrAxe said:

Same and my youthful stamina is gone! Gone are the days of staying up until 3am on coh, getting 3 hours sleep and then going to work.

I think most of us on here are 40+ these days! Probably part of why we have such a great community. More mature than perhaps we used to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

It´s crazy to think its been 20 years.

Cant play like I used to, but still love to boot up the good old COH when time permits it.

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

2 hours ago, Ejlertson said:

It´s crazy to think its been 20 years.

Cant play like I used to, but still love to boot up the good old COH when time permits it.

I know the spirit is willing but the bladder is weak 
😀

• Like 1
  • Microphone 1

25 time capsules for Time Keeper badge

Defeat 25 old school CoT for Gardener badge

Defeat 25 old school Ritki for Zeta Reticulan badge

Plus the Reunited badge for logging in during the event

New Badge total is now 1613 barring any as yet undiscovered badges

Edited by Voltor
  • Thumbs Up 3

25 alts with all the badges!

1 hour ago, Solus Nova said:

I know the spirit is willing but the bladder is weak 
😀

And the wife talks of chores...

• Haha 1

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

On 4/25/2024 at 1:47 AM, Lyrium said:

Woah... I know that is impossible to accomodate everyone, so don't take this the wrong day 🙂 ! That time for the CC is criminal (at least for me), midnight on a Sunday 😅 Any chance of NOT having both costume contest exactly at the same hour? That may help some people to participate at least in one of them

EDIT. Or maybe, not on the same day of the week (ie: Saturday and Sunday)

And of course, thanks a million for all the effort! The above would be just icing the cake 😄

This.

Also having both on Sunday makes it impossible for people who work Sunday evenings to take part.

Still, everything you folks do for us is awesome and appreciated, even if we sometimes whine to try and get our way.

Congrats Homecoming, congrats City of Heros devs old and new, and congrats to all of us who love this game/our Home!

I already love the event! I love the winter event presents, so this is great, plus variety of ambush spawns, keeps it fun, and the old school ones are awesome! Love having some old 'friends' show up to help! 

Looking for this - I'm the kind who needs it spelled out - how long is the time capsules event running? Is it all month (May)?

I looked but didn't see when it ends either in the announcement or today's patch notes - how long do we have?

Looking forward to the Q&A. That should be interesting

Question, is what Luna selling gonna change at all? Any chance of a Carnival  mini? My Marionette scrapper would love to have a friend.

20 minutes ago, momentarygrace said:

Congrats Homecoming, congrats City of Heros devs old and new, and congrats to all of us who love this game/our Home!

I already love the event! I love the winter event presents, so this is great, plus variety of ambush spawns, keeps it fun, and the old school ones are awesome! Love having some old 'friends' show up to help! 

Looking for this - I'm the kind who needs it spelled out - how long is the time capsules event running? Is it all month (May)?

I looked but didn't see when it ends either in the announcement or today's patch notes - how long do we have?

It began April 30th and will continue through May 28th. 

image.thumb.png.c734064298956a121c564f970ccdec4b.png

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Ravenstorm said:

Lots of excitement. I love seeing it!

After all the times I've had to bail you out from another of Doc Quantum's dumb plans, I'd hope so!  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!

7 minutes ago, TauntingMonk said:

Love seeing War Witch on the leads and the feeling I get knowing they still have love for the game.

Castle not allowed to touch anything, nothing...  please...

I'll be there too! And please... don't ask me to fix Founders Falls.... again...

• Staff of Aesculapius 1

4 hours ago, skoryy said:

After all the times I've had to bail you out from another of Doc Quantum's dumb plans, I'd hope so!  😉

My bad.... my bad. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/24/2024 at 4:00 PM, Arcanum said:

:city_of_heroes_statesman_icon_sh: City of Heroes 20th Anniversary! :city_of_villains_arachnos_icon_s:

Today (April 24th, 2024) marks the 5 Year Anniversary Homecoming's first shard (Torchbearer) coming online. It's been an incredible year so far, not the least of which was Homecoming being granted an official license to host City of Heroes earlier this year. While that alone is cause for celebration, this year also marks the 20th Anniversary of City of Heroes (which is officially observed on April 28th).

As such, we have numerous festivities planned!

New Annual Event: Anniversary Time Capsules

May is the month in which we celebrate City of Heroes' Anniversary. This mainly involved a new annual anniversary badge, but we wanted to go the extra mile this year. We are introducing a brand new annual event: Anniversary Time Capsules.

image.thumb.png.270692888586cb7bd012c9fbe26c1eb8.png

Starting on Tuesday, April 30th, these time capsules will begin appearing all over Paragon City, The Rogue Isles and Praetoria. Within them you'll find a range of goodies including some brand new vanity pets, new temporary powers, new badges, new temporary costume powers, Anniversary Tokens (which can be used to acquire most of these rewards from Luna in Ouroboros and Echo Plaza), as well as some additional surprises from the past.

image.thumb.png.4a84479f363cf49423f86b245cd0d389.png

Of course, a new anniversary badge will also be available this year:

image.png

Reunited

Be sure to check out the patch notes on Tuesday, April 30th for full details!

City of Heroes 20th Anniversary Q&A

Next up, we've invited the original City of Heroes team back for a special Anniversary Q&A. These members of the original team will be participating:

• Melissa "War Witch" Bianco - Lead Development Producer
  • Christopher "Back Alley Brawler" Bruce - Senior Animator/VFX Artist
  • Floyd "Castle" Grubb - Powers Team
  • Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney - Powers Team
  • Hosun "Black Pebble" Lee - Brand Manager
  • Keetsie "Tunnel Rat" Braz da Cunha - VFX Artist
  • Kevin "FreitagCallanan - Community Team
  • John "Protean" Hegner Designer / Writer
  • Phil "Synapse" Zeleski - Powers Team
  • Stephen "Rockjaw" Reid- EU Community Team
  • Sean "Dr. Aeon" McCann  Designer / Writer
  • "GhostRaptor" - EU Community Team
  • C.W. "Pohsyb" Bennett - Programmer
  • "TheOcho" - Community Team
  • "JLove" - Senior Artist
  • "Fireman" (aka Bass_Ackwards) - QA
  • "Hero 1" - Designer / Writer
  • "Manticore" Designer / Writer
  • "Dark Watcher" - Senior Programmer

Head on over to this thread to submit your questions before 11:59PM EDT on Wednesday, May 1st. After that we'll begin gathering the answers to post up later in May.

City of Heroes 20th Anniversary Costume Contest!

Finally - what would an official Homecoming Event be without a costume contest? Well, we'll be hosting two contests (one on Torchbearer, one on Reunion) towards the end of May, with several members of the original City of Heroes team joining us as guest judges!

This will be an anything-goes (within the confines of our Code of Conduct) costume contest with no specific theme. Bring your best costumes!

When?

Torchbearer: Sunday, May 19th @ 10:00PM UTC (click to see 10pm UTC in your timezone - the contest will take approx. 1 hour)

• 3:00PM Pacific time
  • 6:00PM Eastern time
  • 11:00PM UK time
  • 12:00AM Central European time

Reunion: Sunday, May 26th @ 10:00PM UTC (click to see 10pm UTC in your timezone - the contest will take approx. 1 hour)

• 3:00PM Pacific time
  • 6:00PM Eastern time
  • 11:00PM UK time
  • 12:00AM Central European time

Where?

Echo Plaza. Heroes and Villains can reach Echo Plaza via TUNNEL Teleporter, Long Range Teleporter, or Pocket D (Truck near AE section).

Prizes!

Due to event taking place on a limited number of shards, the permanent golden title will be applied to a character of player's choosing on any shard.

The overall best costume will win: 

The  runner-up best costume will win:

The 4 runner-up costumes on each shard will win:

Please note that multiboxing during these costume contests is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification and prizes being revoked.

Finally, we'd like to extend a special thank you to the community - celebrating 20 years wouldn't be possible if it weren't for each and every one of you!

See you in the city!

Not seeing the Patch notes for the Anniversary event.

Q: Where do Praetorians redeem their Anniversary tokens?

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• Game Master
On 4/29/2024 at 6:47 AM, Aeronaut said:

The devs are all based in the US?

We are international. It's true a lot are US based, but we have British, Belgian, German and Australian GM's and devs. Even in the US  West Coast and East Coast staff will have a time difference.

• Thumbs Up 1