The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Calander and Events Feature Disabled

Why?  Permanent?  Temporary?  Ouroboros Shenanigans?

• Thanks 1
  • Microphone 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

image.png.ea25892088bc7694577ccdcf42c05f6d.png

Guessing a mistake?

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• Game Master
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, High_Beam said:

Why?  Permanent?  Temporary?  Ouroboros Shenanigans?

Let's blame it on Ouroborus.

It's been a source of problems that leads to other website/forum problems.  The Powers-That-Be are reviewing options to see if the problems can be mitigated on our side or if we need third parties to make changes.

Since it's Ouroborus' fault, we have no idea when it might be fixed.  It might be fixed before we even know there's a problem and therefore, never had this conversation!   Time travel makes my head hurt.

Sorry for the loss of the calendar service.  I'll let you know more when I know more.

In the meantime, may I suggest to those that had calendared events to create a post on the appropriate server sub forum and add a reminder post as necessary for repeating events along with whatever new information might be relevant (like new leaders, strategies, times, etc.) 

Edited by GM_GooglyMoogly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Tock said:

Also WST Calendar.  Here's a typed one I borrowed from someone else. 

This is the biggest thing I use it for.  Thanks for the information @GM_GooglyMoogly and @Tock

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Posted (edited)

I warn you, I'm a chiropractor! I will use my skills negatively!

'Doctor Detroit' Crosstalk With Singer & Ryan

It's so cheesy but I loved that movie.

Edited by High_Beam

4 hours ago, GM_GooglyMoogly said:

Let's blame it on Ouroborus.

It's been a source of problems that leads to other website/forum problems.  The Powers-That-Be are reviewing options to see if the problems can be mitigated on our side or if we need third parties to make changes.

Since it's Ouroborus' fault, we have no idea when it might be fixed.  It might be fixed before we even know there's a problem and therefore, never had this conversation!   Time travel makes my head hurt.

Sorry for the loss of the calendar service.  I'll let you know more when I know more.

In the meantime, may I suggest to those that had calendared events to create a post on the appropriate server sub forum and add a reminder post as necessary for repeating events along with whatever new information might be relevant (like new leaders, strategies, times, etc.) 

It could also be a Nemesis plot.  But considering who is running Ourburritos...

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

I hope the colander still works.

It'd be a strain to have both things fail at once

To be honest, I always thought the calendar's days were numbered.

• Haha 1
  • Moose 1

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

2 hours ago, Ukase said:

So, like many of you, I try to see what the weeklies are. I found this google doc link - shared by @Ura Hero. It seems to have the weeklies laid out for the next decade or so. Don't ask me where I found it, but here's the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15qwbS67DmKU6A7eaIVb2ghU10CpsFBsLjDd7PHo8dVs/edit?usp=sharing

Cool, where'd you find that?

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

9 hours ago, Cipher said:

We're currently evaluating what we want to do with it going forward, but at minimum it is likely that the calendars will only host staff-lead events and things like the WST schedule going forward.

I've said before that I don't like it when a staff-led costume contest on another server gets to send out an admin message across all channels ahead of the event while I'm trying to form my MSR or Hami or DFB or whatever. It seems to imply that staff-led events are inherently better/more important/etc. than community-led events. This feels to me like a further step in that same direction.

With all due appreciation to what staff do (seen and unseen), I would really rather see an "all or nothing" sort of calendar that places community-led and staff-led events on the same footing and gives them the same respect. I think if @Laucianna is running an all-Kheld MSR that deserves the same level of promotion as a costume contest on Indom. (No offense to 3 people playing on Indom.)

Edited by Oklahoman
Typo
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Game Master

While I can certainly understand the frustration of losing the calendar and having Admin messages compete with your event, the reason we do the Everything everywhere all at once message is so that people can do a server transfer if they want to join the contest.  We've had complaints in the past from folks on other servers who would have gone had they known.

Whichever way we do it, people get upset.

Why is a costume contest on one server worthy of an everything, everywhere, all at once message, but a costume contest elsewhere is not? Is it just because of who is leading it?

• Game Master
Posted (edited)

Why is a costume contest on one server worthy of an everything, everywhere, all at once message, but a costume contest elsewhere is not? Is it just because of who is leading it?

And the prizes, and the guests, and . . . other reasons . . . 

Edited by GM_GooglyMoogly

2 hours ago, Oklahoman said:

Those contests were also followed up by an event, etc...  And aren't that often?

I do think we need something for community events.  (Heck, maybe a global channel so other servers can subscribe and see.  I still see the Everlasting and Excel event channels for instance)