Farewell, Everlasting!

Veracor

Ver, I usually play on Excelsior and it's kinda too bad. Folks like you are an asset to the game. I hope you stick around in some capacity and remain a part of the community.

I'll also echo some of your noted frustrations with HC's direction. This is the game I play the most (I don't game much but when I do, it's CoX!). So, it is tough to see it going in the direction it is but I will keep hope alive! They finally tried something a bit different but...yeah...at least Marine Affinity is fun! 🙂

Anyway, all the best! 

• Finland 1

On 8/13/2024 at 9:30 AM, BurtHutt said:

Ver, I usually play on Excelsior and it's kinda too bad. Folks like you are an asset to the game. I hope you stick around in some capacity and remain a part of the community.

I'll also echo some of your noted frustrations with HC's direction. This is the game I play the most (I don't game much but when I do, it's CoX!). So, it is tough to see it going in the direction it is but I will keep hope alive! They finally tried something a bit different but...yeah...at least Marine Affinity is fun! 🙂

Anyway, all the best! 

It does feel…I dunno, sad isn’t the word because to me that’d be a little selfish personally; valuing the security of a Veracor run over his own mental health or happiness with the direction of the game.* But more…bittersweet? Closest I can get. 

Definitely going to be a shame for when I do pop on not to see V’s name in the ELTF lineup of runners for the night.

I absolutely agree about not liking the direction the game is heading in, and being honest, the type of community these changes are fostering. And with so many other games in the pipeline for this year and prior years to get to, and all of  our already limited times in the day, there’s no reason to sacrifice happiness.

*That is not to say that is how anyone else thinks or trying to paint a picture of anyone else, just my opinion.

Edited by Seed22
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

I remember that I used to visit Everlasting to do Hami raids and MSR's back in the first year of HC, and I can remember when you were only Vet level 3000-ish.

Good luck to you in whatever your next gaming endeavor may be! 🙂

Those times you saw no footprints, I had Fly toggled on.

Veracor,

Thanks very much for your consistent leadership, for keeping your events open and treating folks equally, for the strategies you developed to improve badge runs, and for always being willing to help people learn more about the game.  More specifically, thanks for making the Underground shorter.  Hate to admit it but you're right it makes it so much better!! 

Oh, also, We're all bunker busters now!

You're missed,

sundew

• Like 1

I don't play often, but when I do Veracor is always there doing runs that fill up fast. I've been on a handful and they were some of the games peak fun.

I totally get it Veracor, hope you enjoy wherever you end up

It truly was the end of an era when Veracor quit.  It's like he said with that one key word: "consistency".  Having people in the community who will consistently perform, even if it's not specifically by leading content... just someone you can consistently rely on when you need to is so huge.  It's a bit of a shame that the main reason he quit is that the HC development consistently bothered him, but I guess that's just what we're stuck with.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

I've seen many people who get "celebrity" status in a game get an inflated ego problem, but that was never my experience with you -- you were always willing to help out and go above & beyond to help others have good enjoyment with the game.  Sometimes even a good sense of humor at misinformation ("Do you think we should tell him that +DEF does nothing against Hami?", definitely a oh... yep I'm wrong on that moment I'll always remember lol)  Overall, excellent job leading a team or league.  It was one of those "Oh Veracor is running this one?  Oh heck yeah!  Let's gooo!"  So, a very good experience indeed (when I could be online early enough to join your team/leagues).

Your steadiness and consistency was a huge asset to Everlasting and HomeComing as a whole, and you will be missed in your absence.

I will honored to fight by your side again, whenever you decide to visit (and we're in-game at the same time).

I know it may not mean much (might remember me by my main character, Alyssa Q'Uzixola), but sincerely: THANK YOU!  YOU ROCK!

Edited by agentx5

• 2 weeks later