Aggravated

Gravitus

On 9/17/2024 at 12:10 PM, UltraAlt said:

You were on their team.
If the team leader asks  you to do something, you might want to consider that you are on their team and that you are not the only person on that team.

The Leader has the "boot" for a reason.

If you want to avoid getting booted, lead teams yourself. Then you can decide to boot or not.

I know for myself, that I give multiple warnings before I boot any one from a team.

I don't think I have booted even 5 players from a team over the years that I have been playing on Homecoming.

Honestly, if your group fly wasn't causing issues to other players, I wouldn't care.

If it was disruptive to me and/or any of the rest of the team, I would have asked you to turn it off and booted you if you didn't.

Yes, your time is important, but so is the time of all the other players on the team.

As I said, if you don't want to get booted, lead teams yourself or listen to the team leader.

its like going into someone elses house and smoking. If they ask you to stop, you had better stop. Yes, it is legal. But it is their house. Yes, they could buy an air filter, but that is not a choice you get to make for them. I have kicked only a couple of people from TFs over the years. One was a storm controller that insisted on standing next to our stone tank using hurricane. Had all sort of "reasons" why he should. He thought it was funny that it was unwelcome. He got upset when he got kicked. Now that was funny.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2024 at 1:22 PM, Without_Pause said:

I go there for what I need. I so rarely ever encounter GF to even be bothered to go get it fixed. I might encounter it once a quarter, but that's vastly because I solo a lot unless I do a TF. I rarely PuG. I know GF is annoying. It is why I am respectful of the players I team with. Odd how this thread wouldn't exists if the OP did the same.

I play with my wife, who has several MMs. I dont want to turn off GF with her. I also never run characters with her that are effected. The null change would effect my gameplay, so the OP solution wont work. Kick on!

• Like 1

On 9/17/2024 at 5:31 PM, JasperStone said:

yes, it would be best if you had turned it off  as I have said 

But ....

I still smell a heaping pile of BS about the Leader getting complaints.

If you can't ask in team chat...then don't say anything.

Cases in point:

I was on a PUG TF recently where, as we rushed in ...BOOM, knockback

Due to the team mix, it was hard to tell who it was.

Finally, someone asked in chat, and a player fessed up to it, and said that they had not slotted KB-KD

He was asked to at least not lead with it and use it to knock foes back into the group 

Sure! 

On we went

One TF this weekend in my Sonic /Marine Affinity Corr.

I would leap in  ... only to have a teammate use Foldspace 

... fweppp...they were gone, and my Nuke did NADA

I asked who was doing it in Team Chat, and there were three who were using it 

Whelp ... I lose.

I have modified my playstyle.

Unless they were in a discord server and the complaints were over voice. If the leader asks....do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, merrypessimist said:

ITF as I recall. 

Hm.  In a wide-open area, Group Fly shouldn't have affected teammates too much, as long as OP was fighting mobs apart from everyone else.  But during, for example, the computer fight (with or without Rommy and Requiem), GF would have been disruptive.  I don't remember what the radius is for GF, but if you can't be far enough away for it to not affect the rest of the team, especially during a boss fight, and you're asked to turn it off, better to do so.

GF is certainly useful versus the Hami Seed, and during the Mito portion of a Hami Raid, and during the pylons and bomb placements of an MSR, but would be unnecessary for the Hami end fight or in the bowl. 

Before this thread, I didn't realize that one could not interact with Null during a TF.  Maybe that's to prevent people from switching alignments mid-TF?  (If someone switched to Villain during a TF, or to Hero during an SF, would they be auto-booted or would that crash the whole TF/SF?)  Just wondering if it would be easier to allow Null contact during TFs than adding "Disable Group Fly" to Options, which has already been established as being difficult/time-consuming.  Not that the devs don't have enough on their plates already.

I guess the bottom line is uphold Wheaton's Law, be prepared to compromise when you're on a team/league, and if you can't do that, soloing is always an option. 

15 hours ago, ivanhedgehog said:

Unless they were in a discord server and the complaints were over voice. If the leader asks....do it.

Then that should have been said.

"Hey some of us are on Discord, and you GF has come up."

Also why I don't team with people on who use Discord

/e poofgone

1 hour ago, JasperStone said:

Then that should have been said.

"Hey some of us are on Discord, and you GF has come up."

Also why I don't team with people on who use Discord

If people are using discord they usually only advertise in said discord so you more than likely would never know they’re even in it & be on that team in the first place.

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

6 hours ago, Seed22 said:

If people are using discord they usually only advertise in said discord so you more than likely would never know they’re even in it & be on that team in the first place.

I run a private discord for me, my wife and friends. Occasionally I invite others but not often. I invite in chat to fill spots not taken by my friends.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ivanhedgehog said:

I run a private discord for me, my wife and friends. Occasionally I invite others but not often. I invite in chat to fill spots not taken by my friends.

I think this is fairly common.  I do the same and know of a few others.     We sometimes aren't even on the same missions, etc... and just chatting about non-CoX stuff.

2 hours ago, lemming said:

I think this is fairly common.  I do the same and know of a few others.     We sometimes aren't even on the same missions, etc... and just chatting about non-CoX stuff.

I’m in a discord with my brother and a few of our friends and my brother doesn’t really play CoH anymore and none of our friends ever played.

We’ll just talk shit and chill in the discord between games. If I’m using discord in CoH, its because of HM runs. And that’s only been twice.

Other HM runs were without discord. It’s very rare to join a group I think running discord in the wild. Not impossible, I think I’ve been in one before and they invited me to join in but I wasn’t really into discord at the time. But its literally just been that one time.

Edited by Seed22
  • Like 1

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

2 minutes ago, Seed22 said:

I’m in a discord with my brother and a few of our friends and my brother doesn’t really play CoH anymore and none of our friends ever played.

We’ll just talk shit and chill in the discord between games. If I’m using discord in CoH, its because of HM runs. And that’s only been twice.

Other HM runs were without discord. It’s very rare to join a group I think running discord in the wild. Not impossible, I think I’ve been in one before and they invited me to join in but I wasn’t really into discord at the time. But its literally just been that one time.

Come on Seed, only 7 posts to go for 1K!

I really don't understand the dislike for Discord or other voice chat programs.  It makes running a team or league much easier.

1 minute ago, Apogee said:

Come on Seed, only 7 posts to go for 1K!

I really don't understand the dislike for Discord or other voice chat programs.  It makes running a team or league much easier.

Im getting there! 5 years in the makin’ 😀

I can understand why. Discord is kinda not the best at onboarding new users to its benefits and UI imo, and I’m on the younger side of the audience of CoH.

Also, to continue, a lot of CoH players are older and set in the ways of old fashioned communication via forums, and prefer this over having to learn discord and keep up with all the chatter therein throughout the day. You can post here, go off to work or what have you, and come back and interact a bit then call it a day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I use Discord for other things (including pen-and-paper RPGs). But the one time I joined a team in CoH that was using it, it got very annoying very quickly. People arguing with their spouses, dogs barking, music blaring, etc. etc. No thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2024 at 3:36 PM, Neiska said:

Snarky, I am curious. Do you just have a folder full of countless nosfetatu pics and memes to just whip out for any occasion? Just wondering. 😆

you should see what he whips out on family gatherings! 😱

• Haha 2

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator but only a fraction of people understand that.

I also used to use discord for pathfinder in college during COVID. It wasn’t great being honest but it was all we had before they let us back on campus.