Why are the Winter packs 2.5x the cost of the other packs?

Seroster01

The title is the general question. The 2 packs that seemed to have existed prior to the original shutdown are on the market for 10M & the winter is listed for 25M, but from what I can find of them, they all contain mostly the same set of items.  As such, I'm very curious as to what could be in the winter packs that would be worth that premium. 

As such, my true curiosity simplifies to the question "are 2 winter packs actually worth 5 of the other packs?"

LMK what y'all think.

So the short answer is they are more expensive because the devs decided that they wanted them to be more expensive. Overall I would say they are worth it, the major difference is the inclusion of Winter IOs instead of ATOs and the winter IOs are all hovering around 20-24million each.

That being said as with all pack types if you want specific enhancements you're better off just buying them on the market, opening packs is more of a profit making method to finance that.

Defender Smash!

You can sift so for typed defenses very easily with winter O’s, so apparently the Homecoming devs decided that should cost more money.

Winter O’s are expensive because the packs are. If the packs were all 10 mil then the most you’d pay for a Winter O would be maybe 15 million, since brute ATOs sometimes go for that.

• 3 weeks later

Oh, there's some big pumpkin coming in the fall...

I'm talking about the Great Pumpkin, of course...If you are good heroes and not naughty villains, he'll come and visit you too!

tumblr_mubwfwRwBL1s2wio8o1_500.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

They (but who are they really?  And seriously, since they are a secret group, I really don't know who they are)...

They have said it's built in to have the events ready to go, no coding needed...I have been promised pumpkins this fall, and by golly I am getting them...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Holiday events happened on the SCORE server, they will happen here as well.  We just happened to start this server up right when there is a long stretch of no official holiday events... unless you count the summer blockbuster I guess...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sakai said:

Do we know if the Summer blockbuster is going away?  I've only run it a Cpl of times and I would be sad if the next time I wanted to ut had ran away till next year. 

From another thread

On 8/1/2019 at 6:50 AM, GM Capocollo said:

I've checked with the admins and Summer Blockbuster is a permanent event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:32 AM, Myrmidon said:

At last, the final costume slot will be complete.

If you're willing to be a little villainous (or heroic, depending on your natural bent) you can visit Null and cross over to the other side and do a costume mission to unlock that last slot before the Halloween season.

On 8/4/2019 at 3:41 AM, Moonshades said:

If you're willing to be a little villainous (or heroic, depending on your natural bent) you can visit Null and cross over to the other side and do a costume mission to unlock that last slot before the Halloween season.

Which contact(s) have this mission?

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

7 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

Which contact(s) have this mission?

You have go see the tailor contacts for level 20, 30 and 40. Blue side they are in Steel Canyon, Independence Port and Founder's Falls, respectively. Red side, iirc 20 and 30 are both in Cap au Diable and the 40 is in St. Martial. 

32 minutes ago, Moonshades said:

You have go see the tailor contacts for level 20, 30 and 40. Blue side they are in Steel Canyon, Independence Port and Founder's Falls, respectively. Red side, iirc 20 and 30 are both in Cap au Diable and the 40 is in St. Martial. 

Those opens slots 7, 8, 9 on their respective sides. Are you saying that we can open the final slot by switching sides and running one of the counterpart missions?

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

On 7/8/2019 at 4:46 PM, Robotech_Master said:

Haven't you ever gone grocery shopping? Seasonal stuff always costs more out of season. 🙂

This is why you need to get ready to stock up on your pumpkin spice stuff, FALL IS COMING.

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 7/30/2019 at 8:28 PM, justicebeliever said:

Oh, there's some big pumpkin coming in the fall...

I'm talking about the Great Pumpkin, of course...If you are good heroes and not naughty villains, he'll come and visit you too!

tumblr_mubwfwRwBL1s2wio8o1_500.gif

I always liked the Simpson's version of this story. 

Edited by wjrasmussen
to edit

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!