What's wrong with Warshades?

True, but in the comment I was responding to it absolutely was.

In other MMOs the group content often/usually revolves around the trinity, and the trinity revolves around the tank.  The tank leads the team, the healer heals the tank, and the DPS are interchangeable damage dealers because there's always plenty more where they came from.  It's strange to me that people are trying to import this heirarchy into a game that's basically, outside of a very few encounters, never needed it.

Other games have tried to figure out how to weaken, if not remove, the Trinity model. Some add more categories. At least one I've seen tried to add "support" as a 4th member of the trinity (guess it wouldn't really be a trinity then, would it). Others have tried to figure out how to make a "bring the player not the class" thing, which is what this game already is.

The rest of the industry is trying to invent THIS game, where play what you want, because 5-8 characters of any type or class, played by competent players, can do 99% of the content. But, every time someone tries, the biggest complaint is 'This game isn't just like WoW and its clones, so therefore it sucks'. But then, those that have all the features are decried ans 'just another WoW clone'.

This game does not need to change to be more WoW-like, somebody needs to create a fantasy MMO version of this game. There are plenty of Trinity based, WoW clone games out there.

If you want a holy Trinity based game, they're out there... hell they dominate. It's harder to find one that isn't to some extent, a WoW clone (stylistically). The settings (Azeroth, Telara, Arborea, Haranya and Nuia, Calpheon and Valencia, The Galaxy far far away...), genre (fantasy, sci-fi, heroic) and situations may change, but they are all the same basic game.

The thing is, the original holy trinity was tank, healer and control. Everyone was expected to dps.

Then devs got lazy and turned bosses into a big bag of hit points and phased out needing control because it was too hard to plan for.

True, but in the comment I was responding to it absolutely was.

In other MMOs the group content often/usually revolves around the trinity, and the trinity revolves around the tank.  The tank leads the team, the healer heals the tank, and the DPS are interchangeable damage dealers because there's always plenty more where they came from.  It's strange to me that people are trying to import this heirarchy into a game that's basically, outside of a very few encounters, never needed it.

Other games have tried to figure out how to weaken, if not remove, the Trinity model. Some add more categories. At least one I've seen tried to add "support" as a 4th member of the trinity (guess it wouldn't really be a trinity then, would it). Others have tried to figure out how to make a "bring the player not the class" thing, which is what this game already is.

The rest of the industry is trying to invent THIS game, where play what you want, because 5-8 characters of any type or class, played by competent players, can do 99% of the content. But, every time someone tries, the biggest complaint is 'This game isn't just like WoW and its clones, so therefore it sucks'. But then, those that have all the features are decried ans 'just another WoW clone'.

This game does not need to change to be more WoW-like, somebody needs to create a fantasy MMO version of this game. There are plenty of Trinity based, WoW clone games out there.

If you want a holy Trinity based game, they're out there... hell they dominate. It's harder to find one that isn't to some extent, a WoW clone (stylistically). The settings (Azeroth, Telara, Arborea, Haranya and Nuia, Calpheon and Valencia, The Galaxy far far away...), genre (fantasy, sci-fi, heroic) and situations may change, but they are all the same basic game.

The thing is, the original holy trinity was tank, healer and control. Everyone was expected to dps.

Then devs got lazy and turned bosses into a big bag of hit points and phased out needing control because it was too hard to plan for.

It was originally Tank, Support, Control.

Support got watered down into healing because devs were scared of balancing buffs/debuffs and instead focused purely on healing and Control got dumpstered entirely while DPS became its own role and was stripped from Support and Tank. 

Now the Trinity itself is mostly dead and everyone is basically a DPS Tankermage in modern MMOs anyway.

"Titan/Bio scrappers are the stealthiest toons in the game."

"How's that possible? They don't have any inherent stealth and you'd never take concealment pool powers on them!"

"You see; they're perfect at stealth because nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice."

I'm just going to put this out there, but the "Warshades are Trash" SG on torchbearer hold numerous speed TF records, including the STF, LRSF, ITF and most importantly the AbSewTri.  So those guys might be on to something with their no warshade policy. (If you are looking for an invite you do need to provide your account info for regular sweeps to be sure you haven't rolled a warshade).

I keep my Warshade on page 12, you'll never find it.

I'm just going to put this out there, but the "Warshades are Trash" SG on torchbearer hold numerous speed TF records, including the STF, LRSF, ITF and most importantly the AbSewTri.  So those guys might be on to something with their no warshade policy. (If you are looking for an invite you do need to provide your account info for regular sweeps to be sure you haven't rolled a warshade).

Aha!  The advantage of having 500 alts is finally revealed!

Only someone from my home server would employ such a genius tactic.

It's 'popular' because it's effective. Taking apart spawns with AE attacks is significantly faster than having to take down every mob one by one.

In many high level groups, your Brute or Tanker can just as easily solo the content you're doing. Now, if your contribution helps them solo faster, that's one thing. But when your contribution is to reduce their effectiveness, why would they want to bring you along?

You know what's faster? not having 7 people sit bored at their keyboard while the designated Lord And God Team Leader Tank plays ring around the rosy with the mission map :)

Poe's Law can get thrown in the dumpster right alongside every Warshade. If you think someone's really out here doing account sweeps for an AT, no amount of silly emojis is going to help you.

I dunno, I played SWTOR for many years while CoH was unavailable, and, well...

I look forward to the 8 warshade team beating the ITF time posted by the "Warshades Are Trash" sg last night of 8:57

#Earth4Humans

Hey thanks for posting this...I know who to ignore better!

#ItJustAGame

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I look forward to the 8 warshade team beating the ITF time posted by the "Warshades Are Trash" sg last night of 8:57

#Earth4Humans

#ItJustAGame

How very tolerant of you!

#Earth4Humans

#ItJustAGame

How very tolerant of you!

I got distracted and forgot to ignore...But it's done now...

Only the plus side, this was a good teachable moment for my son..."Dad, he really doesn't seem very tolerant of a specific game behavior...why is he criticizing you?"

Also, any group that requires you give your username and password just to join, basically completely violating game norms and the Code of Conduct, is worth ignoring

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

#Earth4Humans

#ItJustAGame

Bud. They are memeing. You're falling for it. Hard.

#Earth4Humans

#ItJustAGame

I would suspect Dan Petro, who starting this part of the conversation, has a custom title and played on SCoRE would fess up if that was the case.  Maybe I expect too much of the stewards of this game when it was secret...regardless, I don't find it funny, so I'm ignoring those who do...I win either way...

BTW, explain the Meme to me?

• City Council

We investigated the SG in question and have determined that yes, he's trolling you. Please stop feeding him.

(I would generally request that people also not troll about sensitive subjects like account info, because it doesn't go over well.)

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

I don't get what all the hate is about for herding. The level of herding that it's possible to do with the 17-mob aggro cap should be remarkably quick. When I do it, I don't even bother trying to gather more than one spawn; I just grab one spawn and run around a couple corners with them so they bunch up. That only takes about five or ten seconds.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

The internet, where people will believe anything so long as they can be offended by it.

I do NOT!!!  How dare you say such a thing!  You should close your account and give your computer to Goodwill for saying such a thing!

Now that the sarcastic hyperbole has been said, that is soo true.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

#Earth4Humans

#ItJustAGame

I would suspect Dan Petro, who starting this part of the conversation, has a custom title and played on SCoRE would fess up if that was the case.  Maybe I expect too much of the stewards of this game when it was secret...regardless, I don't find it funny, so I'm ignoring those who do...I win either way...

Alright after talking with the public relations wing of the Warshades are Trash SG I was given permission to release the following statement, it will hopefully clear some things up here:

I was not a member of this SG at the time of posting as I was waiting on my membership fee's to go through.

The inner circle and founding fathers of this quickly growing SG were not members of the private server (if that matters?)

There is an established movement inside of Paragon City Lore wants earth to remain for humans only.  This group (WSAT) is somewhere in the middle in that they are okay with Peacebringers, but just really hate warshades.

Everyone is free to play with who they want and what they want.  WSAT are inclusive of Heroes, Rouges, Vigilantes,  Villains,  HUMANS of any race or gender, Peace Bringers, Human Animal Hybrids (only those created in lab accidents though or offspring of such hybridizations ) Bird creatures named Fateswing and Sewer Dwelling Deities.

Have fun out there, but remember : FRe5ebL.png But PB's are okay.

Wow, I actually love the idea behind the group. I love that it weaves in the city of heroes lore that I am a huge fan of! I don't have any Warshades on my account, I'd love to join.

I've forwarded your global to our application team. Please fill out all forms and send in the processing fees along with a deposit on your member fees. Our council will review you application and respond within 5-10 business days. We thank you for your interest and look forward to speed running task forces with you free from the shackles of warshades.

Warshades Are Trash are still looking for a pvp arena match against an 8 man warshade team, losers delete their character.

I never remember it being a reason to turn down khelds.  Always dbag players in every game, even a community as great as this one.  Throw them on the ignore list and be done with it.

That's what I did

#Earth4Humans

#ItJustAGame

Having a custom title, playing on the private server and being a helpful, contributing member of the community doesn't prohibit someone from messing around every once in a while. Having a sense of humor and not spilling the beans about a private server that you obviously have a chip on your shoulder about (amongst many other things) are not mutually exclusive.

Alright after talking with the public relations wing of the Warshades are Trash SG I was given permission to release the following statement, it will hopefully clear some things up here:

I was not a member of this SG at the time of posting as I was waiting on my membership fee's to go through.

The inner circle and founding fathers of this quickly growing SG were not members of the private server (if that matters?)

There is an established movement inside of Paragon City Lore wants earth to remain for humans only.  This group (WSAT) is somewhere in the middle in that they are okay with Peacebringers, but just really hate warshades.

Everyone is free to play with who they want and what they want.  WSAT are inclusive of Heroes, Rouges, Vigilantes,  Villains,  HUMANS of any race or gender, Peace Bringers, Human Animal Hybrids (only those created in lab accidents though or offspring of such hybridizations ) Bird creatures named Fateswing and Sewer Dwelling Deities.

Dan, I appreciate you posting...gives some clarity...Sadly though, I still think this group is just bad for the gaming community.  There are Nazi's in CoH lore, but I sure wouldn't like a SG based on being Nazi's.  With all the division in this country (USA), I come to CoH to get away from it, not be reminded of it.  I'll just keep ignoring people who espouse this (guess your next), and I'm going to move on in life...

Dan, I appreciate you posting...gives some clarity...Sadly though, I still think this group is just bad for the gaming community.  There are Nazi's in CoH lore, but I sure wouldn't like a SG based on being Nazi's.  With all the division in this country (USA), I come to CoH to get away from it, not be reminded of it.  I'll just keep ignoring people who espouse this (guess your next), and I'm going to move on in life...

And sure enough Godwin's Law strikes true again.