Void Hunters

Fista

As for Void Hunters, I vaguely remember forum complaints about how they "leeched XP" when they spawned next to hostile factions like the Rikti or Devouring Earth and the two would fight.

SMH. Leeched XP. FFS you can go from 1 to 50 by breathing hard. I don't even know what to think.

• Like 1
  • Finland 1

Because there is a city in the Midwest that is continually threatened by a silver backed gorilla and is protected by a man who can run faster than the speed of light.

/petition - BRING BACK THE VOID HUNTERS

Also lets not forget your contribution to the SAVE THE CYST FUND!

I'm serious with the void hunters.

Stupid they are out of the game.

• Like 1
  • Finland 1

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

• 4 years later
On 7/15/2019 at 4:20 PM, Omnicron said:

I got a tip mission that turned out to be an entire warehouse full of nothing but void hunters and cysts. Never seen it before, but it was pretty interesting. I wasn't playing as a Kheldian at the time so it didn't bother me, but imagine if I had been. *shudder*

BADGE HOE looking for void hunter, and I heard this existed but isn't in the Tip Computer... Does anybody know the name of this Tip MIssion?

As a level 50 would I get it? Someone in game said level 40, but when I look at my Tip Computer (on a 50) I see level 40 stuff. I'm enough of a grindy person to just do a bunch and see if I can find it myself, but there are so many possibilities it might take approximately forever.

But... should I be doing that on one of my level 40-something alts?

Edited by chuckv3
  • Finland 1

TINKERERS and LEOTARDED personal supergroups on Reunion; open bases! codes TB-9014 and LT-1051

TinkerBell (MAIN) super reflexes / martial arts tanker & badge hunter; Sarabraxus, energy / energy blaster; Sarathustra, fire / therm corruptor

Scotch Bonnie / Caroline Reaper, fire/ss brutes & fire farmers; Granny Fix It / Green Granny / Great Granny, empathy/psi defenders; plus a few others.

@Xarah formerly on Champion, Triumph, Victory, now @chuckv2 / @chuckv3 / @chuckv4 on Reunion

The mission you're looking for is the Hero/Vigilante tip mission "Cloud of Odorous Smoke." You can grab it from the mission computer under the "Security Level 40" dropdown. When you do the tip choose the Vigilante option; the Hero one only seems to spawn Council. Once you get into the Vigilante choice there should be at least a few spawns of Void Hunters:

image.png.e25d9420195f1e7e9aab423c9108ecf3.png

Hope that helps, and happy hunting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Finland 1

10 minutes ago, lemming said:

Well, since this popped up, the just added piecemeal story has two groups of voids to hunt.

That's what put it on my radar in the first place! I was looking at badges, and the void hunter wasn't at zero anymore... I asked in game and was told there were some in Dr. Aeon and some tip mission somewhere....

• Finland 1

TINKERERS and LEOTARDED personal supergroups on Reunion; open bases! codes TB-9014 and LT-1051

TinkerBell (MAIN) super reflexes / martial arts tanker & badge hunter; Sarabraxus, energy / energy blaster; Sarathustra, fire / therm corruptor

Scotch Bonnie / Caroline Reaper, fire/ss brutes & fire farmers; Granny Fix It / Green Granny / Great Granny, empathy/psi defenders; plus a few others.

@Xarah formerly on Champion, Triumph, Victory, now @chuckv2 / @chuckv3 / @chuckv4 on Reunion

2 hours ago, ViciousCabaret said:

The mission you're looking for is the Hero/Vigilante tip mission "Cloud of Odorous Smoke." You can grab it from the mission computer under the "Security Level 40" dropdown. When you do the tip choose the Vigilante option; the Hero one only seems to spawn Council. Once you get into the Vigilante choice there should be at least a few spawns of Void Hunters:

image.png.e25d9420195f1e7e9aab423c9108ecf3.png

Hope that helps, and happy hunting!

Thanksa ton for this one!

• Finland 1

I think the thing Kheldians do bring to the table is flexibility. Which, if you were running content where you might need something extra in an area, they can provide it. I know none of my blasters can turn into a tank, no matter how much I might wish it. So a Kheld will have that over me. They sort of strike me as a switch hitter in basebal (albeit without a dominant side, like most of then). I envy people who can make them work effectively, since I’ve just never had the patience (or chops?) to do so.

Edited by cranebump
  • Finland 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I hunted a void

I found the void

I gazed into the void

The void gazed into me

• Finland 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:32 AM, Fista said:

Well that's disappointing.  What are they gonna do next? Just put in a "win" button?

I believe they called it "incarnate system".

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Finland 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

On 7/15/2019 at 5:48 PM, Fista said:

Just means you can't just run willy nilly from group of badies to group of badies. OH NO! I have to put some thought into what I'm doing.

I know the game has a reputation now for being super easy (and most of it is). But if you're on a team of lowish level characters, some with out their "good" powers yet, many with few or poor enhancements, and even possibly some players who are new, returning, or just not that good at this game...Enemy groups can be tough. If your team is struggling already, adding a Cyst to a mob can be brutal, and quite honestly a challenge that is not fun. When you're winning fights by the skin of your teeth, making one mob randomly way tougher is not very enjoyable.

Personally I'm not opposed to Cysts, and would actually enjoy the shake-up to difficulty every so often. But let's be mindful that not every team in the game is IO'd to teeth max Incarnate super beings.

• Banjo 1

I've been thinking a bit about this. I'm wondering (in a very inexpert way) if there's some value in maybe doing more with the Kheldian arcs - they seem to have changed significantly since their creation and they are far less popular than they were.

Their story sounds interesting though I've not followed it in detail. They seem to run PPD (which I find extremely odd) and have little or no interaction otherwise, aside from PCs

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

On 7/15/2019 at 4:44 AM, Black Zot said:

Would you bring tankers along if doing so spawned enemies that ignore defense/resistance?  Would you bring a controller if they had a "control-hunter" enemy type that shielded their spawn from debuffs and CC?  No, you wouldn't, because as soon as one of those anti-AT mobs showed up your new teammate would be actively detrimental to the group.

That sounds like it would be an interesting group for an AE arc.

"The monsters that hunt the monsters."

Basically some very, very black-ops group that even Malta is terrified of.

How come hero EATs have a specific threat that affects mission content with void hunters or quantum gunner versions of whatever other mobs are in your mission, but VEATs don't incur any additional threat to missions?  Why are there no anti-Arachnos minions gunning for player soldiers and widows?  On villain side, I'd love to see occasional Longbow troops added to the mission spawns even if you're fighting other villains... like if you're fighting Mooks and suddenly a Longbow agent is firing on the team why is he there?  Because they're working with a lesser enemy to concentrate on a mutual greater threat of Arachnos... even if the player doesn't identify as Arachnos, you've got Arachnos training and so the good guys are doing vigilante work and coming after you.

On hero side of things, you could have the Longbow agents working with villain groups acting as rogue agents who don't believe your "heroic" soldier or widow has gone legit and so have insinuated into whatever mission you're on to test your intentions and mettle.

17 minutes ago, Player2 said:

How come hero EATs have a specific threat that affects mission content with void hunters or quantum gunner versions of whatever other mobs are in your mission, but VEATs don't incur any additional threat to missions?  Why are there no anti-Arachnos minions gunning for player soldiers and widows?  On villain side, I'd love to see occasional Longbow troops added to the mission spawns even if you're fighting other villains... like if you're fighting Mooks and suddenly a Longbow agent is firing on the team why is he there?  Because they're working with a lesser enemy to concentrate on a mutual greater threat of Arachnos... even if the player doesn't identify as Arachnos, you've got Arachnos training and so the good guys are doing vigilante work and coming after you.

On hero side of things, you could have the Longbow agents working with villain groups acting as rogue agents who don't believe your "heroic" soldier or widow has gone legit and so have insinuated into whatever mission you're on to test your intentions and mettle.

You can argue that Longbow already do that. They have a significant presence across the Rogue Isles despite the fact that they are (notionally) meant to be autonomous and under Arachnos control almost as a sovereign state.

The reason there is no specific foe for VEATs is because when Kheldians first appeared players would  cry like babies seeing void stalkers and quantums and stopped playing them. The specific foes had an overall negative impact on the EATs so Devs gave us a crappy clip show pastiche for VEATs instead.

3 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

The specific foes had an overall negative impact on the EATs so Devs gave us a crappy clip show pastiche for VEATs instead.

I think we're done with the old crybaby days.  Let's toss out the clip show nonsense and throw some Longbow into the mix.

But seriously, the reason that voids caused the kheldian players to whine was because of how much they hurt.  I'm not suggesting more powerful Longbow to come after the VEATs, but just to have a presence with standard Longbow troops thrown into the mix.

Of course, it might be weird if a team has a PB and a widow and while fighting Council you see Void Hunters and Longbow backing them up.

1 hour ago, Player2 said:

I think we're done with the old crybaby days.  Let's toss out the clip show nonsense and throw some Longbow into the mix.

But seriously, the reason that voids caused the kheldian players to whine was because of how much they hurt.  I'm not suggesting more powerful Longbow to come after the VEATs, but just to have a presence with standard Longbow troops thrown into the mix.

Of course, it might be weird if a team has a PB and a widow and while fighting Council you see Void Hunters and Longbow backing them up.

We are where we are. I would imagine it's very unlikely that we'll get any retconning of existing arcs or ATs just to make them "better." Agreed that all (V)EAT stories are less than totally satisfactory but they exist and work. Our volunteer dev team probably have more pressing things to consider and personally speaking I'm glad if that's where their focus is.