Base Teleporters and the Enter-Base-With-Passcode Slash Command

sbloyd

Given that it's possible to go directly from base to base using the new slash command, is there any way that we could build transporter beacons that would send to a given base-code?

On Everlasting there are more "RP City" style bases popping up all the time; being able to network a set of bases would be handy.  For example, you could key the interiors to all be their own instances (like door-missions work now) via teleport...

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

Wait, what's this?  What slash command...please share...pretty please?

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Don't remember it off the top of my of my head, but have it as a macro on several toons.

It's something like /sg_enterbasebypasscode and then the passcode.  I make it as a macro - very useful for travel.  Ports you to the specified base from any location - no need to buy a base teleporter from the P2W vendor.

Edited by ShardWarrior

Must...get...macro....

I'll offer a bounty of 1 like to the person who can get me this command...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I'll give you a Like @ShardWarrior, though I was able to suss out the macro from details that @adriellyn gave me...

Thanks for getting back to me though, I do appreciate it, and your new base is awesome!

So, yes, there's a macro-able thing.  That's what I wish we could attach to base teleporters.

Horizon Twilight, The Chernobyl Effect, XLR Mk8, Dodgeball, and a host of other alts all hanging out on Everlasting.

It would be nice to be able to attach it to in-base portals, yes. My current work-around is a keybind to a popmenu cascade with a butt-load of destinations, just in case... but I mostly play characters who can teleport anyway, so YMMV. And maintaining the popmenu listing, and the fact that you have restart the game client to pick up changes... yeah, I'd rather be able to attach it to in-base portals, too.

No real need and not really sure its even remotely possible. However if its for RP sake, just first go to any tram station then use the command. Or if an Island, go to one of the ships etc. However if they could indeed allow us to create custom beacons and attack a /loc or a base passcode to them that could indeed be very cool I wont deny.

4 minutes ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

No real need and not really sure its even remotely possible. However if its for RP sake, just first go to any tram station then use the command. Or if an Island, go to one of the ships etc. However if they could indeed allow us to create custom beacons and attack a /loc or a base passcode to them that could indeed be very cool I wont deny.

Oh, I'm not referring to teleporting *in* from the City, I'm talking about ways to hook two (or more) Superbases directly together.  Yes, it's not *needed*.  The main obstacle I would see is how to communicate and store in a custom beacon what the destination is (ie, a custom basecode).

39 minutes ago, sbloyd said:

Oh, I'm not referring to teleporting *in* from the City, I'm talking about ways to hook two (or more) Superbases directly together.  Yes, it's not *needed*.  The main obstacle I would see is how to communicate and store in a custom beacon what the destination is (ie, a custom basecode).

One thing I miss from other games is the ability to have a "signpost" type of object in the base. Something simple that doesn't take up lots of floor or wall space, and in particular doesn't need me to make a 60-foot banner out of individually-placed letters, but allows a pop-up message when clicked on (with a character limit, yes). Put one of those where a portal ought to be, and have it tell people something like:

((This portal should lead to the base of the Paladins of Night. If you'd like to RP that it does, use:
 /enter_base_from_pass_code pon-2749
when you want to go there.))

Sure, I'd still like to be able to link them more automatically than that, but a signpost object has general utility, as well as a way to address this particular desire. Not conveniently, and it's all still hypothetical on getting such a base item, but it would be a little bit better than nothing. Well, to me.

Just so I am clear, because this sounds too good to be true, but using the /enter_base_from_passcode command as described above will allow me to teleport into any base for which I have an access code, from anywhere within the game? If true, is there a variant that will let me teleport to my own base, or do I need to create a passcode for my base and just use the /enter_base_from_passcode command with that passcode?

Edited by AboveTheChemist

Just now, AboveTheChemist said:

do I need to create a passcode for my base and just used the /enter_base_from_passcode command with that passcode

Yes, it's all true (I was amazed), and yes, this is how you do your own base...

Edited by justicebeliever
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Just so I am clear, because this sounds too good to be true, but using the /enter_base_from_passcode command as described above will allow me to teleport into any base for which I have an access code, from anywhere within the game? If true, is there a variant that will let me teleport to my own base, or do I need to create a passcode for my base and just use the /enter_base_from_passcode command with that passcode?

Yes, this can be applied for any base with a passcode. 

For your own base, use this slash command to set your passcode:   /sg_passcode <your_password_here>     

Example: /sg_passcode HELLOWORLD

The game will auto-assign your base ID number to your passcode.  You will see the system generated passcode come up in the (I think) System channel in the chat window, so you should see something like <your_password>-base number (ex.  HELLOWORLD-1234) in the chat window.  That is your passcode to get into your base.

You can then create it as a macro and make a button in your powertray for it like this;  /macro <your_text> enterbasefrompasscode <your_passcode>

Example using sample from above;  /macro MYBASE enterbasefrompasscode HELLOWORLD-1234

One thing to note is that there is no "accept" prompt - if you click the button, it will port you automatically.  Just be mindful not to click it accidentally as I have on several occasions lol.  🤣

Edited by ShardWarrior
  • Thanks 2

My thanks to you both. There were already several cool teleporting tricks (like the LFG menu) but this one seems to have them all beat.

• 8 months later

Couldn't you just use the base code to port from a base to another?  Unless you need to be outside only, I can see a tray being used to hop around without being outdoors.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

You can't check an existing Passcode, @Mr.Hassenpheffer, but you can make a new one with /sgpasscode WORD

Where "WORD" is whatever you want the forward portion of your passcode to be.

Once you've returned that command, the game will give you the complete code, amended with your Group's unique ID number for your Shard.   ie:  Hassen-12345

That complete code is your passcode.  I recommend recording it in your Group's Message of the Day for posterity from that point on.