Alphabetic Badge List PopMenu

Hi all!

I'm working on a popmenu that lists the game's badges in alphabetic order and whether or not you have them on your character using the LockedOption Badge identifiers.  However, the only identifier info I have is from a googledoc link on the popmenu article on ParagonWiki, circa 2010.  I've been able to figure out some of the missing identifiers based on the format of others in the same ilk, but, as with anything, the format isn't 100% consistent.  I'm also looking through the code base to find the info, but not having much luck.

BadgeList_PopMenu_Complete.thumb.jpg.321fac1d49675478315a3e1a79f3cbf1.jpg

As you can see, I have fleshed out the Exploration, History, and Accomplishment sections, and will be fleshing out the rest of the sections over the next few days. 

The order is based on the Badge Tracker Spreadsheet order.

Badges that I don't have Identifiers for are flagged with an (NI) tag at the end of the title (and the menu they live in).

The incomplete version seen above is attached to this post.  I'll replace it when I have all of the menus fleshed out,

(edit:)

I've filled out all of the menus with the Badge Identifier information that I have (see the updated screenshot above).

There are quite a few badges that I don't have, so I can't fully test out the full badge list; if you know you have a badge and it's not lighting up (and not marked as needing the identifier), please let me know so I can fix it.

Also, an updated list deserves a new screencap...

(/edit)

If anyone knows the identifiers for any of these badges, or knows of an updated "i25" badge identifier list, could you please point me in the correct direction so I can complete the list?

Thanks all.

-=Janrith

BadgeList.mnu

Edited by Janrith
Added updated bind file; Added updated pic
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Changelist:

version 1.3:

Populated the rest of the badge categories.

version 1.2:

Populated Accolades section

version 1.1:

Populated Achievements section

version 1.0:

First versoin

Edited by Janrith
Updated version history

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

Have had a couple people not able to get this to work. One user for instance had no spaces in his path like:

C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\ParagonChat\data\texts\English\menus

But was unable to get it to work.

Anyone else having issues with this?

Edited by Bubbleguts

On 8/11/2019 at 11:58 AM, Janrith said:

Copy the file to %GameFolder%\data\texts\English\menus, then start up the game.

Any changes to the file require you to restart the game, as the client only reads the file when the game initially start.

Zolgar wrote a more complete guide to popmenu funcationality under the Guides topic: Popmenus: the what, why and how..

Hi,

I'm trying to figure this out.  My issue is that on my install, I don't have this folder.  In my data folder there is just a 'texture_library' folder.  Do I just create a folders in the data folder that are:  texts\English\Menusinserting the BadgeList.mny in the menus folder I create?

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:48 PM, Janrith said:

Hi all!

I'm working on a popmenu that lists the game's badges in alphabetic order and whether or not you have them on your character using the LockedOption Badge identifiers.  However, the only identifier info I have is from a googledoc link on the popmenu article on ParagonWiki, circa 2010.  I've been able to figure out some of the missing identifiers based on the format of others in the same ilk, but, as with anything, the format isn't 100% consistent.  I'm also looking through the code base to find the info, but not having much luck.

As you can see, I have fleshed out the Exploration, History, and Accomplishment sections, and will be fleshing out the rest of the sections over the next few days. 

The order is based on the Badge Tracker Spreadsheet order.

Badges that I don't have Identifiers for are flagged with an (NI) tag at the end of the title (and the menu they live in).

The incomplete version seen above is attached to this post.  I'll replace it when I have all of the menus fleshed out,

(edit:)

I've filled out all of the menus with the Badge Identifier information that I have (see the updated screenshot above).

There are quite a few badges that I don't have, so I can't fully test out the full badge list; if you know you have a badge and it's not lighting up (and not marked as needing the identifier), please let me know so I can fix it.

Also, an updated list deserves a new screencap...

(/edit)

If anyone knows the identifiers for any of these badges, or knows of an updated "i25" badge identifier list, could you please point me in the correct direction so I can complete the list?

Thanks all.

-=Janrith

BadgeList.mnu 278.14 kB · 100 downloads

Hello, I just got done reading this, and this is so cool what you have been able to do.  I would like to also be able to do this also , but sometimes I  am just not as computer programming savvy as some folks are.  I was wondering if it would be possible to possible for you to post here an exact step by step procedure on how to set this up and make work.  Like step 1 put the code here.  step 2 click here. Things like that would be really helpful.  I really appreciate the work that you have put into this and the future guide on how to install.  Hopefully as they add new badges to the game with future expansions and additions this program will be able to keep up with them automatically.  Thank you once again.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, chaossdragon said:

You want... 

C:\Users\Your_Name\AppData\Local\City of Heroes\data\texts\English\Menus\BadgeList.mnu

*assuming you used the same path way... otherwise  where your City of Heroes is installed to...

I found the city of heroes file, but I am not able to locate the AppData folder at all. And then where do you get a copy of the file that I am supposed to put in there.  As stated before I would be nice to have a 1.2.3. step procedure in which to get this to work.  any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

On 9/26/2019 at 7:36 PM, Robert D. said:

I found the city of heroes file, but I am not able to locate the AppData folder at all. And then where do you get a copy of the file that I am supposed to put in there.  As stated before I would be nice to have a 1.2.3. step procedure in which to get this to work.  any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

AppData is normally a 'hidden' folder and will require you to enable "See Hidden" in the folder options... this can be found in a few ways based on which OS your using, but easy info to find with google.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Popmenu_(Slash_Command)  provides the basics of Popmenus, and bottom of page has the original tutorials on how to set it up.

The file of this topic is found via the white box at the bottom of the Original Post at the top.  or  click this... 

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1028

I would go into more detail but my PC is acting up and I have limit time currently.

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:07 AM, chaossdragon said:

AppData is normally a 'hidden' folder and will require you to enable "See Hidden" in the folder options... this can be found in a few ways based on which OS your using, but easy info to find with google.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Popmenu_(Slash_Command)  provides the basics of Popmenus, and bottom of page has the original tutorials on how to set it up.

The file of this topic is found via the white box at the bottom of the Original Post at the top.  or  click this... 

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1028 278.14 kB · 131 downloads

I would go into more detail but my PC is acting up and I have limit time currently.

I can't thank you enough for letting me know on this.  Will try it out as soon as I have a chance to play later on tonight.

• 4 weeks later

Edit: See my post below

Edited by AboveTheChemist
update

Ok I think I have generated a mostly complete list that should help fill in some of the missing data. I have attached two files.

1. badge_settitle_name_id_data.csv - Comma separated file with three columns, the badge index (i.e. the /settitle integer), the badge names (including any male/female/villain/praetorian variations), and the badge identifier. I left the index in there just for completeness but if that is of no interest you can ignore it. For any badges that are missing an identifier, just look up the in-game name in column 2 and the identifier should be in column 3. Unfortunately, most of the newer badges don't have an ID, because the only usable badge id data I could find was on OuroDev, which doesn't include most of the i25/i26 badges from Homecoming. I did cross-reference it against the badge indices for Homecoming so the in-game badge names will be in there, they'll just say 'NA' for the identifier.
  2. badge_bin_def_split.txt - For any of the i25/i26 badges that don't have an identifier in the above CSV, you can try looking in this file. This is the 'best available' text dump from the badges.bin file for the badge names. It's a mass of letter soup but you might be able to sleuth out any missing names. Ignore the text strings that start with 'P' and contain 9 numbers, these are a kind of internal referencing for other text strings, but I don't know how to link those up. The chunks of text are broken up by badge category, which can be determined from the DEF file delimiter at the beginning of each chunk. For instance, the gladiator badge id's start with 'DEFS/BADGES/BADGES_GLADIATOR.DEF'. All the badge IDs should be listed in there, but there is no accompanying in-game badge name so it might be tricky trying to figure out which id goes with which badge. Some of them are intuitive, though. For example, the 'Aloof' badge, which has no ID in the above CSV file, is an Achievement badge for rejecting 50 inspirations. Looking in the 'DEFS/BADGES/BADGES_ACHIEVEMENT.DEF' section, there is a badge id of 'RejectInspirations50' that I bet is the ID for 'Aloof'. I'd wager that most of the rest of the badges with missing IDs can be found this way.

Hope this helps!

badge_bin_def_split.txt badge_settitle_name_id_data.csv

• 3 weeks later
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:30 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

Ok I think I have generated a mostly complete list that should help fill in some of the missing data. I have attached two files. 

... cool data dump files...

Thanks man, I'll definitely check this out!

• 1 month later
  • 1 month later

(old post body archived)

Spoiler

This was a very promising tool, but the creator seems to have stopped working on it. I've gone ahead and fixed typos and errors and added most of the missing information. There is still some missing information, but most of the badges should now be working. This has been tested on a character with all known badges except anniversary badges, the Nemesis event badge, and Bug Hunter.

There are still 13 12 1 badges with missing tags: Chameleon, Do No Harm, True Nemesis, Guardian of Forever, Escapist, Magistrate, Obliterator, Survivor, Tyrant, Destroyer of Despair, Terminator, Cold as Ice, Defender of Primal Earth, and The Constant. 12 of these (excluding Cold as Ice) are new to HC.

There are also some missing badges, since there should be 1533 badges at the moment, and I only counted 1511 entries in this list.

Features: All badges in the game sorted alphabetically by category with accolade requirements included, Click on any available badge to set it as title.

To install this, go to your HC install folder. Look for the folder data/texts/English/menus, and drop BadgeList.mnu in it. If you're using the new HC launcher, that's not where the launcher executable is located but the root folder where you see other folders like accounts, assets, bin, etc. If data/texts/English/menus does not exist, create this folder structure. Place BadgeList.mnu there. If the game is open when you place the file, you have to restart, and any change to the file is only reflected after relaunching the game.

Once this is done, use the slash command

/popmenu BadgeList

to use it. It will open the popmenu wherever your mouse pointer happens to be at. It's recommended that you make a macro or bind it to a key. Syntax for macro/bind is as follows:

/macro Badge "popmenu BadgeList"
/bind b "popmenu BadgeList"

Changelog:

Edit 1: I've found the missing badges and added them. There are now 1533 entries, and so the list is complete, assuming no duplicates.

Edit 2: Cold as Ice added

Edit 3: all missing tags filled in (h/t AboveTheChemist), only The Constant missing now

Edit 4: The Constant added

Edit 5: Now when you click on an option, it will assign the badge as your title.

Edit 6: removed a duplicate/outdated entry

Edit 7: moved Hero Slayer to villain defeats

Edit 8: miscellaneous fixes

Edit 9: added a bunch of missing badges and fixed various errors, h/t AboveTheChemist

Edit 10: miscellaneous typographical fixes by AboveTheChemist

Edit 11: Tried and True moved to exploration -> multiple zones, fixed tag

Edit 12: Attempted fix of Faultline exploration badges

Edit 13: I derped

Edit 14: fixed Praetorian badges

Edit 15: fixed Praetorian version of Patroller badge

Edit 16: reorganization

Edit 17: added new anniversary badge (Resurgent)

Edit 18: HCi27p1 badges added

Edit 19: Updated for patch of 1 Dec 2020. Added requirements for various accolades.

Edit 20: HCi27p2 beta badge added.

Edit 21: 17th anniversary badge added

Edit 22: Sinister Summoner

Edit 23: HCi27p3 beta badges added.

Edit 24: License to Chill

Edit 25: master badges

Edit 26: p4 badges. Dunno why the duplicate attachments won't go away. The current one is 220.5kb.

Edit 27: Halloween

E28: p6 badges

BadgeList.mnu

Edited by ROBOKiTTY
i27p6
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

KiTTY / @ROBOKiTTY

Everlasting / Former Virtue mascot

How to Hamidon Raid Virtue-Style, Addendum for HC edition

Badge checklist popmenu