Alphabetic Badge List PopMenu

So... using the above idea and the provided csv file I put together this .mnu file for setting titles.

It is arranged alphabetically in order to make it easier to find the title that you want your character to have. 

The main alphabetical listing is pretty big, and some of the sub-menus are also large, but none are bigger than the main alphabet listing. (There are a *lot* of titles).

The data is complete as of @AboveTheChemist's 13-Feb update. There are 1848 settable titles within it due to the fact that some badges have multiple titles associated with them based on H/V/P and M/F.

Please enjoy, and feel free to adjust to fit your needs.

Settitle.mnu

Edited by Wingman
Updated file and information
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Wingman said:

I don't know if this data is 'complete' per se.

That CSV of mine is a bit outdated. I've since been able to nail down the /settitle integers for the Winter Event and Valentines Event badges, and perhaps a few more. The only ones that are missing are the integers for Bug Hunter, A Nemesis Plot, and Flames of Prometheus. Tomorrow I can put together a more updated list (and can highlight the ones that have been added since I posted that original CSV). The settitle numbers are also up to date on the Badger site.

Edited by AboveTheChemist

Here's the updated CSV I promised. It only contains the badges that were missing settitle integers in the version I posted earlier in the thread on Oct 24, 2019. As mentioned, this should cover all badges except Bug Hunter, A Nemesis Plot, and Flames of Prometheus.

<Outdated data removed>

remove outdated data
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Here's the updated CSV I promised. It only contains the badges that were missing settitle integers in the version I posted earlier in the thread on Oct 24, 2019. As mentioned, this should cover all badges except Bug Hunter, A Nemesis Plot, and Flames of Prometheus

Thank you! I have updated the settitle.mnu file in my original post. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2020 at 9:41 PM, ROBOKiTTY said:

...snip...

Edit 5: Now when you click on an option, it will assign the badge as your title.

...snip...

I am not sure what this means.  I loaded the latest .mnu file, restarted client, etc.   When I click on a badge I have, it is not setting it, so what do you mean when you say, "click on an option"?

Also, I do not see Hero Slayer / Bloody Hands under defeats (or anywhere).  It could be I'm blind and/or lazy...

EDIT:  Found it under Achievement→Mayhem (i25) list for some reason.  In game, Hero Slayer/Bloody Hands is, in fact, listed under Defeats for me.  This might be confusing for others.

Defeats-scrnshot.jpg

Edited by r0y

Do you remember which badge(s) you tried clicking on? I picked a few random badges I had via the popmenu, and it set the titles correctly. It's possible you just so happened to pick an option or a series of options that had incorrect ID's.

I'll move Hero Slayer to villain defeats.

KiTTY / @ROBOKiTTY

Everlasting / Former Virtue mascot

How to Hamidon Raid Virtue-Style, Addendum for HC edition

Badge checklist popmenu

I'll preface this by giving huge thanks to Janrith, ROBOKiTTY, Wingman, and anyone else who worked on these menus. They deserve full credit, and the work that I have done here is built upon the work that they have done.

In an effort to customize the menu(s) for my personal use, I created a version that I thought others might find useful. I've been involved with several badge data collection/presentation efforts over the past few months, so the first step was to give the BadgeList menu a good once-over to flush out any typos, erroneous settitle IDs, or badge tags. Everything I found was shared with ROBOKiTTY so that they could update their version as well.

From that point, I modified the menu as detailed below. I've hidden it behind spoiler tags to avoid a wall of text. The highlights include adding a modified version of Wingman's alphabetic Settitle.mnu to the bottom of Janrith's/ROBOKiTTY's BadgeList.mnu, adding badge requirements for stat-enhancing and temp power accolades, and adjusting some ordering and menu sizes to avoid overly long menus.

Spoiler

General

• Used full badge names for all badges
  • Removed references to i25 and i26
  • Added a favorites section at the top (customizable to taste)
  • Added full alphabetic listing at the bottom, based on Wingman's settitle menu, with breaks adjusted to show badges in bins of approximately 20 and modified with 'LockedOption' code to indicate which badges the character possesses

Exploration

• Subdivided 'Hero' exploration zones to reduce menu size
  • Reordered 'Mayhem' and 'Safeguard' badges into sequential ascending order as they would be gained by level (from Atlas Park to Peregrine Island)

Accomplishment

• Subdivided 'Stature' badges into more equal sized bins of approximately 20 badges

Achievement

• Changed 'Influence' to 'Inf'
  • Reordered the following categories into sequential ascending order as they would be earned in-game: Badges Earned, Damage Dealt, Damage Taken, Debt, Healing, Held, Inf, Inspiration Rejections, Recipe Rejections, Level, Mentoring, Souvenir
  • Removed several badges from 'Mayhem' that belonged in the 'Defeat: Mission' category
  • Subdivided 'Trial' badges into more equal sized bins of approximately 20 badges
  • Moved 'Avenger', 'Beyond Reasonable Doubt', and 'Diamond in the Rough' from 'Alignment' to 'Other'
  • Subdivided 'Other' badges into two roughly equal size bins

Accolade

• Added a 'Favorites and Requirements' section to 'Day Jobs' to track progress on individual day job accolades of interest (customizable to taste)
  • Reordered 'Incarnate' and 'Respec' categories into sequential ascending order as they would be gained by level and by alignment
  • Added 'Badge Requirements' section to 'Stat-Enhancers' and 'Temp Powers' sections to track individual badges for each accolade

Gladiator

• Reordered badges purely alphabetically without regard for alignment and subdivided into bins of approximately 20 badges

Veteran

• Reordered badges into sequential ascending order as they would be gained by level, and subdivided badges into two roughly equal sized bins

PVP

• Tweaked order of 'Arena' Champion badges to reflect increasing division order by level

Invention

• Craft count badges ordered sequentially in ascending order as they would be earned in-game
  • Crafting badges grouped by level and according to an ordering scheme listed commonly on the wiki and elsewhere, which has been included as an 'Ordering Scheme' menu for reference

Defeat

• 'General' defeat badges reordered purely alphabetically without regard for alignment and subdivided into bins of approximately 20 badges
  • Subdivided 'Named' badges into two roughly equal sized bins
  • Added several badges from 'Achievement: Mayhem' to 'Mission' category

Event

• Reordered 'Anniversary' badges in ascending chronological order from first anniversary
  • Subdivided 'Halloween' badges into two roughly equal sized bins

Ouroboros

• Non-challenge badges grouped in 'General' category and ordered sequentially by subgroups roughly as listed on wiki
  • Challenge badges grouped by level and according to an ordering scheme listed commonly on the wiki and elsewhere, which has been included as an 'Ordering Scheme' menu for reference

Wentworths

• Sales count badges ordered sequentially in ascending order as they would be earned in-game

Day Jobs

• Subdivided badges into two roughly equal size bins
  • Added 'Favorites' section to monitor individual day job badges of interest (customizable to taste)

Edit 1: Moved 'War Machine' from Defeat: General to Defeat: Named

See my subsequent posts in this thread for further update info

I've attached my version if anyone wants to try it out. I changed the menu name slightly to 'BadgeSetList' so that it can be added to the game alongside other menus listed in this thread for comparison. Feel free to modify it as you see fit, and please let me know if you find any errors or have any questions.

NOTE: If you are updating from an older version be sure to save out your old favorites, so you can replace them after overwriting with the updated file.

EDIT: I have created a dedicated thread for my version of this menu. Updates can be found in that thread.

updated 25-Nov-2020, my version moved to new thread
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, zenblack said:

I don't know if this is an issue with one particular popmenu or not (both Robokitty and ATC's have this issue), but the Faultline exploration badges: Riveting, Rock Bottom, Upcycled are not counted as achieved even if you have the badges.

Thanks for bringing this up! I did a deep dive into the badges for Faultline and Echo: Faultline and found a lot of issues there (understandably, given how the badges were shuffled around and new badges added). I think I have them sorted out but I need to test them first. Here is how I currently have them mapped:

Spoiler

Faultline       
Undammed: FaultlineTour1
Escape Artist: FaultlineTour5
Drowned Rat: FaultlineTour6
Old Fashioned: FaultlineTour7
RivetingFaultlineTour13
Upcycled: FaultlineTour14
Rock Bottom: FaultlineTour15
Egg Hunter: FaultlineEaster

Echo: Faultline
Newsman/Newsgirl: FaultlineTour2
Faultless Mystic: FaultlineTour3
Apex: FaultlineTour4
Forsaken: FaultlineTour8
Pristine: FaultlineTour9
Claim Denied: FaultlineTour10
Spare Parts: FaultlineTour11
Dug Too Deep: FaultlineTour12

I'll need to find a character that doesn't have any of these and test each one by one. If the wrong one lights up then I know I have the mapping wrong. For instance, if I go to get Undammed, but Riveting lights up, then I know that Undammed actually has the tag FaultlineTour13. That's just an example I made up.

I have no idea if that mapping is correct without testing, so it's entirely possible I just made things worse. Usually the badges are listed in order in the .def file though so I just followed the order I saw there. That, plus I am reasonably confident that the mapping of the original Faultline exploration badges hasn't changed.

I updated the menu in my post just above. If anyone else wants to test independently and report back I would welcome that. I am going to try to test them tonight if I can.

I tested the new mapping. It seems to be all correct, but feel free to double-check since I derped on first sweep. On the plus side, I got three characters all Faultline/Echo: Faultline exploration badges.

I've updated my menu accordingly.

• Thanks 1

KiTTY / @ROBOKiTTY

Everlasting / Former Virtue mascot

How to Hamidon Raid Virtue-Style, Addendum for HC edition

Badge checklist popmenu

On 2/26/2020 at 1:20 PM, ROBOKiTTY said:

I tested the new mapping. It seems to be all correct.

I tested as well and concur!

EDIT: I updated the file in my post above (again) because I forgot to change the badge tags down in the alphabetical section. All the Echo: Faultline and Faultline badges should have the correct tag now.

• 2 weeks later

I did a deep dive to check badge names, titles, and set IDs in my version of the menu. I've posted an updated file in my Feb 18 post above, and details of the updates are spoilered below.

If you are updating to the new version, be sure to copy out your favorites before overwriting with this version, so you can easily replace them.

Spoiler

All badge names were checked to make sure they match in-game names, including all variations of hero/villain/male/female/praetorian. Two badges were corrected:

'Saved the World... For Later' changed to 'Saved the World... for Later'
'Medic / Fixer / Do Gooder' changed to 'Medic / Fixer / Do-Gooder'

The 'Bug Hunter' and 'Nemesis Plot' badges were added to the alphabetical listing.

I found the information for the 'Beta Tester' and 'Flames of Prometheus Conversion' badges which were not in my menu. Neither of them technically count towards the badge total, and 'Beta Tester' is only awarded to characters on the beta servers as far as I can tell. They both appear under Accolades > Other.

Twelve of the PVP exploration badges had mismatched tags and were corrected.

I learned that the badges with Praetorian-specific names are actually separate badges with their own tag and settitle IDs. Most of the badges are listed on this wiki page, with the exception of 'V.I.P./Destined One/Praetoria's Son/Praetoria's Daughter' and 'Patroller/Criminal'.

In the alphabetical listing section at the bottom of the menu, the badges are all split up by individual name so those badges behave as normal, in that clicking the badge after earning it will assign it as the character's title via the /settitle command.

In the non-alphabetical listing (i.e. the main listing), I decided not split the Praetorian-specific badges out, but I did have to tweak the entries a little. For those badges, clicking the badge name after earning it will send yourself a tell (assuming you don't have another PC targeted) with instructions on how to manually set the title ID for the hero/villain and praetorian variants. I don't feel that this is an ideal solution, but it's the best I could come up with for now. If I think of a better way to handle the settitle command for those Praetorian-specific badges (or if anyone has a better suggestion), I'll adjust it.

I changed the way the badges are handled in the non-alphabetical (main) listing. For each category containing Praetorian-specific badges (for instance, Achievement > Badges Earned), I kept a listing at the top that contains all primal and praetorian names for each badge, as well as logic which enables the badge to unlock if either the primal or praetorian variant is earned, but I disabled the settitle command for those badges. Instead I added two menus below that listing, one for the primal badges, and one for the praetorian badges, and clicking the unlocked badge name in one of those two menus (according to character origin) will utilize the settitle command to set the badge title.

Edit: I added the Praetorian variant of 'Patroller', thanks ROBOKiTTY!

I can't say with absolute 100% certainty that my version of the menu is now completely error-free, but I am about 99% confident. Of course, if you find any issues please let me know!

updated how the Praetorian-variant badges are handled, added variant for 'Patroller'

• 1 month later

I dug the id/settitle out of the data this morning before I realized ROBOKiTTY had posted them here, so I can verify those are correct. Thanks ROBOKiTTY (and I wish I had seen your post sooner)! I updated my popmenu. See my Feb 18th post in this thread for the new file, and don't forget to save out your favorites if you are updating to this new version.

• 1 month later
On 2/14/2020 at 11:00 AM, r0y said:

I am not sure what this means.  I loaded the latest .mnu file, restarted client, etc.   When I click on a badge I have, it is not setting it, so what do you mean when you say, "click on an option"?

On 2/14/2020 at 2:35 PM, ROBOKiTTY said:

Do you remember which badge(s) you tried clicking on? I picked a few random badges I had via the popmenu, and it set the titles correctly. It's possible you just so happened to pick an option or a series of options that had incorrect ID's.

I also noticed this.  Fooled around with "/settitle" and found that the command won't update the badge immediately, sometimes. So it's not a limitation of, or error in, the BadgeList menu, but rather a limitation of, or error in, the in-game command.  Not sure whether clicking the badge in the built-in Badge menu triggers something else that makes the change occur immediately.

• Thanks 1

I was away for a while, but am back in the game and was revisiting this topic.  Seeing what you have here, I don't have to.  I gotta say, WOW, I didn't think this little tool would garner such support.

Thanks Robokitty, Wingman, AboveTheChemist for keeping it alive and not only running with it, but blowing it out of the water!

You guys rock!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

I found an error with one of the prerequisite badges for High Pain Threshold and corrected that, along with a couple other minor corrections. See my Feb 18th post in this thread for the new file, and don't forget to save out your favorites if you are updating to this new version.

• 3 months later
2 hours ago, Solarverse said:

When you get this finished, PLEASE put this on the CoH Modder Tool. This will be great when finished.

I am not sure to whom this is addressed by my version has been in the modder tool since almost the beginning. I am not sure if ROBOKiTTY's is in there as I don't use the tool myself, but as far as I know their version is finished as well.

4 hours ago, Old Fogey said:

Hi, I can't find where this file needs to go. None of the folders mentioned currently exist. Where does the file belong ?

I'll check this evening and post some information about where the menu goes, both for the old installer and the new HC installer.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Old Fogey said:

Hi, I can't find where this file needs to go. None of the folders mentioned currently exist. Where does the file belong ?

Edit to say that the simplest way to install this would be to use the CoH Modder tool. My badge menu is in there for sure, but I am not sure about the other menus mentioned in this thread. If you want to install one of the badge menus manually, then Janrith's post from the first page covers it:

On 8/11/2019 at 11:58 AM, Janrith said:

Copy the file to %GameFolder%\data\texts\English\menus, then start up the game.

Any changes to the file require you to restart the game, as the client only reads the file when the game initially start.

Zolgar wrote a more complete guide to popmenu funcationality under the Guides topic: Popmenus: the what, why and how..

In my case the folder is C:\Games\HC\data\texts\English\menus. If you don't have the data folder, or any of its subfolders, it should be fine to create them. Place the .mnu file in the last subfolder 'menus'. There are at least two way to access the menu, via a macro or via a bind. I use a bind that looks like this:

/bind F4 "popmenu BadgeSetList"

And when I press my F4 key, the popmenu opens. Any key will work, it need not be F4. Creating a macro would look something like this (copied from earlier in the thread):

/macro BADGELIST popmenu BadgeSetList

This would create a button named 'BADGELIST' that, when clicked, would open the popmenu. Feel free to name it something else if you wish. There may be other ways, or more creative means of using one of these two methods, but I wanted to make it as simple as possible.

Note that the 'BadgeSetList' at the end of the above bind and macro commands refers to MY menu file and will only work for the menu I made available above. If you are using ROBOKiTTYs menu file, use 'BadgeList', and if you are using Wingman's menu file, use 'SetTitle'.

add info about CoH modder tool