Jump to content

Threads back into Emps


RayZac
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well technically you're not turning them "Back" into Emps since most Threads aren't obtained from Emps, at least in my experience I never use the Emp->Thread conversion.

 

So you're potentially giving people free Emp tokens if they don't need threads (i.e their incarnate build is done), which are often used for reward tokens and then influence. So to balance that out you'd need a pretty hefty influence cost for the conversion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently, I'm having more trouble getting enough threads for crafting my T4's. I'm not against converting them to Emps, though instead of the influence cost Auroxis mentioned, maybe just require more threads than you get from breaking down an Emp. An influence cost seems overkill when it still requires time to accrue threads. 

 

Additionally, I'd love to be able to convert shards to threads. They're practically useless and I'm not much of a fan holding on to salvage I can't do anything with. 

Edited by Rylas
  • Like 1

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

 

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Retired Game Master
33 minutes ago, Rylas said:

Additionally, I'd love to be able to convert shards to threads. They're practically useless and I'm not much of a fan holding on to salvage I can't do anything with. 

Your wish is my command. And/or already in the game:
image.png.a105659852b4154684edd319633bd7d3.png

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2019 at 9:46 AM, Auroxis said:

Well technically you're not turning them "Back" into Emps since most Threads aren't obtained from Emps, at least in my experience I never use the Emp->Thread conversion.

 

So you're potentially giving people free Emp tokens if they don't need threads (i.e their incarnate build is done), which are often used for reward tokens and then influence. So to balance that out you'd need a pretty hefty influence cost for the conversion.

Maybe I've overlooked something? Is there an additional conversion for unused threads??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Retired Game Master
1 minute ago, Auroxis said:

There isn't, that's what the OP's suggestion is about.

He was the OP! Still is I'd wager.

 

8 minutes ago, RayZac said:

Maybe I've overlooked something? Is there an additional conversion for unused threads??

Not to empyrean merits, but you can buy super inspirations with them. I don't recall any other use outside of incarnate salvage conversions.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GM Sijin said:

He was the OP! Still is I'd wager.

 

Not to empyrean merits, but you can buy super inspirations with them. I don't recall any other use outside of incarnate salvage conversions.

You’ll have to cut Auroxis some slack. He’s crazy busy in that Brute/Tanker thread.😂

  • Haha 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GM Sijin said:

He was the OP! Still is I'd wager.

 

Not to empyrean merits, but you can buy super inspirations with them. I don't recall any other use outside of incarnate salvage conversions.

I did not know about the super inspirations. Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind something else to do with threads.  I'm a self-admitted odd duck in that I have 50s - a couple now, and more in the future I'm sure - who are, in terms of concept, not and never will be Incarnates, merely "ordinary" super-beings.  Back on Live, I had the option of just not doing the arc that unlocks Incarnate status/progression, but here it's automatic and as far as I can tell, unavoidable, and so they have threads piling up that they will never have use for.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, Rylas said:

I am both grateful for this information and embarrassed for never having noticed it. Thank you.


Well, to be serious for a second (LONGEST.....SECOND.....EVARRRRRR!) it's been SEVEN YEARS.
It occurs to me that you could be forgiven for never having noticed it, or possibly just having spaced and forgotten it.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later

Giving this thread a bump, as I've been thinking about it again lately.

How do the HC devs feel about giving us an option to turn Threads (which can't be mailed to alts) into Empyreans (which can)?

Would a "lossy" conversion be acceptable?  Or is this one of those things that just can't/won't ever be allowed?

Edited by Megajoule
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Megajoule said:

Giving this thread a bump, as I've been thinking about it again lately.

How do the HC devs feel about giving us an option to turn Threads (which can't be mailed to alts) into Empyreans (which can)?

Would a "lossy" conversion be acceptable?  Or is this one of those things that just can't/won't ever be allowed?

Why not just enable threads to be sent to alts, doubt it's much more than a flag in a DB somewhere. Only constraint it would have is you can only mail 1 at a time...

 

On 2nd thoughts maybe not... 😄

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...