Want a higher res version of a power icon?

Rylas

42 minutes ago, biostem said:

I always thought it was interesting how some power types use the same general icon, (only recolored), while others seem to use unique or much rarer ones.

For instance, most status protection powers use an icon like: Regeneration_Integration.png

And most damage resist shields use: FlamingShield_FlamingShield.png

But some sets, that have status protection baked into a damage resist or defense aura use some variety of: BioOrganicArmor_HardenedSkin.png or DarkArmor_ObsidianShield.png

While other sets that have RES shields that also provide some status protection just use: FlamingShield_FlamingShield.png

It just seems like which icons were used for which power were sometimes chosen arbitrarily...

For the most part, I believe they stick to the icon legend.

Currently, I'm working my way through the legend making updated versions of the borders and icons. From there I'll work up templates to turn around whole sets a bit faster. It'll take some time (thanks to how low res the ones I find on Paragon Wiki are, it's difficult to tell what some of the details were meant to look like), but my hopes are to have all the set done some day.

• Thanks 1

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Any way to get the inspiration drops? I use, as you can see in my profile, the Rez cause I drit nap a lot. I might use an Essence of Earth or an Ultimate Inspire if the resolution was better.

Edited by davpa

Entropy Legion, Villain SG: https://entropylegion.guildlaunch.com 

Union Supreme, Heroic SG: https://unionsupreme.guildlaunch.com

36 minutes ago, davpa said:

Any way to get the inspiration drops? I use, as you can see in my profile, the Rez cause I drit nap a lot. I might use an Essence of Earth or an Ultimate Inspire if the resolution was better.

Man I hate drit naps. Drit tastes terrible. 07K1tHnz_o.png

• Haha 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

18 hours ago, davpa said:

Not sure how happy I am with these. Matching the border bevel and starburst with any kind of accuracy was tricky AF. I may revisit these again later, when I'm done with creating the power icon templates.

2Q6WcAf.png gyuQC1Z.png jDqua8F.png gXo02ru.png

Edited by Rylas
  • Thanks 1

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

I've gone through the icon legend and redrawn all the icons and borders to help make the process faster. So here's the first full set I've been able to redo. I chose Energy Melee because, well, personal bias. I'll be going through when time permits to start working on whole sets. Perhaps rotating by AT and choosing a set from each. We'll see. 

lOB0fXM.png Energy Melee

Spoiler

BSEyw0a.png VXuWcA7.png 9aOteaa.png 6m3Brey.png j2XGUPo.png j3DG0g7.png

Barrage

Energy Punch

Bone Smasher

Build Up

Whirling Hands

Taunt

yjUsNn4.png EXLF93b.png ZA4C9KE.png rgCBUcP.png MHljClQ.png  
Total Focus Stun Energy Transfer Assassin's Strike Placate  

Edited by Rylas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2019 at 9:08 AM, Rylas said:

I've gone through the icon legend and redrawn all the icons and borders to help make the process faster. So here's the first full set I've been able to redo. I chose Energy Melee because, well, personal bias. I'll be going through when time permits to start working on whole sets. Perhaps rotating by AT and choosing a set from each. We'll see. 

Energy Melee

BSEyw0a.png VXuWcA7.png 9aOteaa.png 6m3Brey.png j2XGUPo.png j3DG0g7.png

yjUsNn4.png EXLF93b.png ZA4C9KE.png rgCBUcP.png MHljClQ.png

Some quick thoughts.

These look great!

Amusing that Placate has a red heart shape in the center of the palm. "I'm all about the lov... ASSASSIN STRIKE!"

Not sure but on the first three images it looks more a like streak following the "bang" than a series of fading black rings?

Curious why there is a thin white line at the left right top and bottom of each?

These look great! Did I say that already? Well they do. zb7XgP0P_o.png

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

5 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

Some quick thoughts.

These look great!

Amusing that Placate has a red heart shape in the center of the palm. "I'm all about the lov... ASSASSIN STRIKE!"

Not sure but on the first three the images look more like streaks following the "bang" than a series of fading black rings?

Curious why there is a thin white line at the left right top and bottom of each?

These look great! Did I say that already? Well they do. zb7XgP0P_o.png

All super valid questions. 

First; yeah, it's a bit heart shaped. But I'm just following the icons as close as I can. Which in this case, the Placate icon does actually have a bit of a heart shape to it. 

Second; this is the curse of only having low res icons to reference. I pulled icons from the icon legends page of Paragon Wiki and used two ways of looking at them before redrawing the icons. I would keep one at original size, and make a copy that I would blow up to 100x100 pixels in the hopes of pulling some of the details out. I originally thought it was a fade as well, but as you might agree when seeing them larger...

NFpPEKq.png QuntnAu.png

...there's definitely some trailing dots. I'm dedicated to preserving the original artwork as best I can. That said, I also wanted to keep a tighter consistency between icons with shared graphics. That's why the Barrage icon has two trailing dots even though its hard to tell if there's one or two trailing dots from the original. 

Third; no idea why that's happening when creating the PNG files from Photoshop. There's definitely no white lines on the artwork. If there's a setting I can adjust for that when exporting that someone's aware of, I'm all ears.

Fourth; THANKS! I'll keep them coming as frequently as I can. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Some Random User said:

These are wonderful, but can you include the names so I know what to save them as?

I've gone back and added names under the icons. I'm also going to hide icons when posting them in sets to keep the page from being a scrolling nightmares. 

Edited by Rylas

xl09lXe.png Gravity Control (thought you might like this set, @biostem)

Spoiler

8OaDfd4.png Cg18cLj.png cCZk7js.png bc2nSs4.png RkhFKoU.png

Crush

Lift

Gravity Distortion

Propel

Crushing Field

XjEWx30.png 3vD3qMb.png zpF22y0.png o23n3s2.png  

Dimension Shift

Gravity Distortion Field

Wormhole

Singularity

T4pPTo2.png Dark Miasma 

Spoiler

OkRgX25.png qKPhLI2.png zV42wBy.png Wd5v75i.png tvIhCe9.png

Twilight Grasp

Tar Patch

Darkest Night

Howling Twilight

Shadow Fall

Jt6yAx2.png ksSkP8r.png VOZTm5P.png 0DqVDns.png  
Fearsome Stare Petrifying Gaze Black Hole Dark Servant  

Edited by Rylas
  • Thanks 1

x9aR2Mc.png Energy Manipulation

Spoiler

DTeNm3s.png CYchZkj.png dS1aOZx.png B0lXPJm.png hS7sgCW.png
Power Thrust Energy Punch Build Up Bone Smasher Conserve Power
IUdxW54.png MvSPqGj.png LAWd3nW.png 62jtBiu.png  
Stun Power Boost Boost Range Total Focus  

wQH3sEG.png Fire Blast

Spoiler

8c1fj9U.png CkBUmBZ.png mS0V1rY.png VQJxz0m.png bvkR0Va.png
Flares Fire Blast Fire Ball Rain of Fire Fire Breath
SoudIC3.png DkEohXc.png WcTGNpr.png wnyLMfF.png  
Aim Blaze Blazing Bolt Inferno  

bJ7PNki.png Psionic Assault

Spoiler

ZyXzIay.png 1xHiXOe.png ugtb5st.png 2kns6yL.png NGRTiOg.png
Psionic Dart Mind Probe Telekinetic Thrust Mental Blase Psychic Scream
UwGm0w7.png xuHNKeM.png ZcPYOg6.png gLi68l4.png  
Drain Psyche Subdue Psychic Lance Psychic Shockwave  

Edited by Rylas

Great work on the icons.  Especially the Energy set.

Any plans on co-ordinating with SCORE to update the icons in CoH to hi-res?

Looks like you've already started.  Makes the icons much clearer.  Lord knows the text in the game gives me eye strain.  Too small and almost blurry.

Good job.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

26 minutes ago, Golden Azrael said:

Any plans on co-ordinating with SCORE to update the icons in CoH to hi-res?

Personally, I think that, where appropriate, the game's artwork should remain original.  That being said, I'd love to see some sort of unoffical power icon replacer mod added, or an official one in-game, but purely as an option...

1 hour ago, biostem said:

Personally, I think that, where appropriate, the game's artwork should remain original.  That being said, I'd love to see some sort of unoffical power icon replacer mod added, or an official one in-game, but purely as an option...

I'm inclined to agree. There's a reason I aimed to keep the icons as close to the original as possible. My main purpose when starting this was just to have nicer, cleaner versions for people to use in the forums or elsewhere. 

But if someone were to create a mod as @biostem mentioned, I'd be down for providing the artwork. 

Origin Icons

mTDEiZE.png dGrUO4H.png T6h6Fx6.png POTif0s.png xVYCjQQ.png
Magic Mutant Natural Science Technology

@drboston, here's the science icon at 900x900. Sorry, but the wakie inspiration files were done in a way that the largest resolution was the one posted. I'll probably go back to those, along with the other inspirations at a later time. Tackling power icons is my main concern right now. 

Spoiler

af0aljw.png

• Like 1

Ice Armor!  I saw where you posted you like Ice Armor and followed the link in your signature here.  Maybe Chilling Embrace?  That's a unique icon (I think) and very representative of the set.

Thanks!  🙂

Edited by Sura
Spelling