Want a higher res version of a power icon?

Rylas

4 minutes ago, biostem said:

I beleive Rylas did mention that he wanted to stay true to the original powers' icons, as they were before sunset...

I did catch that he wanted to make them as accurate as possible, but if he mentioned Sunset specifically, I missed that.

That being said, he IS using the icon legend. If that's the case, some of the powers in-game were inconsistent due to patch changes or overlooked art decisions, so making consistent versions of the ones that were incorrect isn't too far off.

What would be really cool is if we could get a setup for an icon compiler tool similar to what Vanden had used in the past, with high-res template files like Rylas' work. Being able to construct custom high-res icons would be awesome!

• Like 2
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

2 hours ago, biostem said:

Maybe it was a different artist trying to make their mark?  *shrugs*  Mechanics aside, what sort of color scheme would you personally, love to see in a powerset, (assuming you had total control over what colors were used)?

If it wasn't a theme that I thought needed something else, I wouldn't mind doing one with a light/electric blue background with a bright/saturated orange for the icons.

32 minutes ago, Felis Noctu said:

@Rylas

Out of curiosity, are you modeling the power icons directly off of the current in-game versions? Have you checked out the fixed erroneous icon pack at all? Having those alternatives would be awesome as well!

Also, considering the bits and pieces I've been doing already, would you be alright with a replacer texture pack containing the icons you're making? I'm sure Christopher and I aren't the only ones that like the softer look!

As @biostem mentioned, I was trying my best to stay true to the original icons. But more so on the iconography and color. I've noticed some icons as I've been going that seemed mislabeled as single target when they should be targeted aoe, and a couple of others. I've been going pretty much from whatever is on Paragon Wiki. So if they have any that aren't accurate to what's in game, then the ones I've done based on them won't be right either. I would totally be ok with making some for the fixed icons though. Can you point me in the right direction for those?

And anyone that wants to take what I've done for to make a mod pack to put them in game is welcome to do so. My goal is to do all the power icons and then the inspirations. And now I have the alignment ones to add to the list too.

• Like 3

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

5 minutes ago, Felis Noctu said:

What would be really cool is if we could get a setup for an icon compiler tool similar to what Vanden had used in the past, with high-res template files like Rylas' work. Being able to construct custom high-res icons would be awesome!

I'm doing all of this through a combination of Illustrator and Photoshop. I would have done all Photoshop, but the icons were just way easier for me to redraw in Illustrator. That said, if there's a way to set up color-changeable templates in PS, I could build out said template files. I don't work much in PS though, so I don't know how I'd go about doing that. Setting up black and white layers or something? Someone more knowledgeable, please weigh in.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Vanden's fix pack is here, but obviously it's all loose texture files, so it isn't the easiest to actually view the differences. I've been working on something that I hope will allow for mass header copy between standard .dds and .texture. If it works, we won't need to fight with PiggViewer 1.6.1 to actually make the .texture files, and it would also help converting backwards as well.

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

1 hour ago, Rylas said:

If it wasn't a theme that I thought needed something else, I wouldn't mind doing one with a light/electric blue background with a bright/saturated orange for the icons.

Okay now you're really playing my song. HmWYqjbR_o.gif

1 hour ago, Felis Noctu said:

Vanden's fix pack is here, but obviously it's all loose texture files, so it isn't the easiest to actually view the differences. I've been working on something that I hope will allow for mass header copy between standard .dds and .texture. If it works, we won't need to fight with PiggViewer 1.6.1 to actually make the .texture files, and would also help converting backwards as well.

I could see that being extremely useful, I might almost be tempted to go back

to modding if a couple of the stages that were absolute chores were simplified or automated. Do keep us posted Felis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like the Costume Creator? Enjoy a challenge? Love to WIN?

You really should've clicked here before 6pm on Sunday the 18th!

07K1tHnz_o.png

Per request from @justicebeliever 7SRFICd.png Energy Aura has been added to the Armors. Not to worry, those Alignment Icons will get here at some point.

And 2 birds were knocked out with one stone on that since EA actually has the blue/orange combo I was thinking about. Though, the orange comes in limited degree due to the particular icons being used. 

• Thanks 1

@RylasYou da' man!  And not just because of these awesome icons.  But the icons go with your image as a master of many things.

Thank you sir!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

On 10/2/2019 at 7:31 PM, Rylas said:

I'm doing all of this through a combination of Illustrator and Photoshop. I would have done all Photoshop, but the icons were just way easier for me to redraw in Illustrator. That said, if there's a way to set up color-changeable templates in PS, I could build out said template files. I don't work much in PS though, so I don't know how I'd go about doing that. Setting up black and white layers or something? Someone more knowledgeable, please weigh in.

I just wanna start by saying you've done an amazing job recreating the icons from such a tiny source.

Not sure a whole template is needed except for things like Energy Aura's 2 different colors, but all you need to do to change colors is add a Color Overlay Layer Style in PS for each layer.

colorOverlay.thumb.png.8d60a50b25daf6a19e6a2e111d1001a3.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had some extra time yesterday, so I went with the popular lead in the votes...

CONTROL!!

BwMEFtG.pngEarth Control hETqw90.pngElectric Control da2cR3R.pngFire Contro

O7TvrJa.png Ice Control

08eII5v.pngMind Control

YQdEARV.pngPlant Control

The above sets have been added to the Control icons. New voting poll is open for the next set to be done. Thanks for helping voting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

I finally got a break at work and had enough time to do the latest winner of the poll...

BLAST SETS!!

xkq4pLl.png Archery CvQSLK4.png Assault Rifle SEHnF8D.png Beam Rifle sAIPVvy.png Dark Blast
3TmRcM8.png Dual Pistols 8DS3vBM.png Electric Blast bWdXJHY.png Energy Blast Z8subjy.png Ice Blast
O6nnEab.png Psychic Blast wM8tssq.png Sonic Attack pdcfRCx.png Water Blast  

Tagging @Giovanni Valia since this covers the Beam Rifle request. 🙂 

Edited by Rylas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Things are slowing back down now so I hope to be posting icons more frequently. I'm getting close to finishing up Primary/Secondary sets. After that, it'll be Power Pools and Epic Power Pools.

For now though, this vote's winner was...

ASSAULT SETS!!

CDvAGBd.png Dark Assault qChv287.png Earth Assaut 3kx54Vw.png Electricity Assault Diq3ANj.png Energy Assault
TJ0H4fQ.png Fiery Assault pYn4FMX.png Martial Assault MnfWj37.png Thorny Assault  

If at any point anyone should notice anything that's incorrect or missing, please let me know and I'll make sure it's taken care of. 

Edited by Rylas
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Some Random User said:

Are you willing to make high resolution versions of the generic icons?

Maybe? I might consider doing something along the lines of what @Hopestar mentioned previously and make a PSD file that would allow people to make their own icons. Have all the borders and iconography set up on one file. The user could just hide/reveal the necessary layers and color them as needed. If I do, it'll be after I complete all the power icons.

For the Assaults

Under Psi:

Psychic Lance should be Psionic Lance and Mental Blase should be Mental Blast.

Under Dark:

Nightfall is two words Night Fall.

Under Martial:

Envenomed Daggers should be Blades.

This was just a haphazard perusal, I can do a more careful read-through when I get some more time.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:01 PM, Some Random User said:

There is a typo in the name of Earth Assault's [Power Boost]. Just letting you know.

Also Earth Assault is missing the L in the post above. It has no bearing on the actual icons,

just stood out to me anyway as it is the only one different from the rest. rs4wmRnk_o.gif

Edited by Christopher Robin
  • Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

Thank you @Some Random User and @Christopher Robin for catching those errors. Please keep the feedback coming if you notice anything else.

New sets added.

SUPPORT SETS!!

X7CHXHN.png Cold Domination

ySpBkn1.png Darkness Affinity

HuSeynM.png Force Field

GPNgOY6.png Nature Affinity

YfjNsCk.png Pain Domination

vqki2lk.png Poison

YKEMirX.png Radiation Emission

Y6MwwIY.png Sonic Resonance

36BBSrV.png Storm Summoning

63sQaYD.png Thermal Radiation

TZoIElt.pngTime Manipulation

iulf8zJ.pngTraps

lF4MgOc.pngTrick Arrow

Are you sure you want that? 07K1tHnz_o.png

First block from the first post, Master Mind is all one word Mastermind and Peacebringer is missing the middle E.

Edit: Adding more as I find them.

Under the Armors:

Electric

Surge should be Power Surge.

Under the Blasts:

Dark

Nightfall should be Night Fall

Electrical

Electric Blast "the set" should be titled Electrical Blast

Electric Bolt should be Lightning Bolt 

Under the Control Sets

Darkness

Umbral Beast should be Umbra Beast

Animated Stone should be Animate Stone

Jack Frost and Hot Feet are in a different/larger font for some reason.

also Paragon Wiki has a error in that Fire Blast is missing from the Blaster primary sets.

The page exists but the link from Blaster > Fire Blast is missing. Not sure who to tell about that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

update 11/25

Under Melee

Electric Melee "the set" should be titled Electrical Melee

Havok Punch should be Havoc Punch

Jacobs Latter should be Jacobs Ladder

(my own thought is there should be an apostrophe in Jacob's since all the Assassin's Strikes

have them but I am going with what is in the Wiki in case it is a proper name and not a possessive)

Sidenote: Taunt's iconography is a bit of a mess. Some of the taunts have the 4 corners white

and the 4 facets colored and some have all 8 segments white. I noticed some of yours did not match the Wiki

and was going to point them out but I think perhaps you were trying to make them consistent across all sets and have Taunt

be all 8 whites and all Confronts be 4 corner whites but then I saw the Taunt you have for Energy Melee is 4 corner white and 4 facets color style.

As far as I know Taunt is the same no matter what Tanker set it is in (not sure about Brutes), is this correct? If yes then I would suggest

you change the Taunt you have in Energy Melee to be the all 8 segments white style so it is consistent with the others.

-----------

Update 12/06

Under Melee

Martial Arts - Eagle Claw should be Eagle's Claw

Staff Fighting - Maiming Slash should be Precise Strike

Stone - Stone Fists should be Stone Fist

SS -  Knock Out Blow should be Knockout Blow -

Thunder Clap should be Hand Clap - Hurl Boulder should just be Hurl

Sidenote: The white bleed around the edges is starting to creep in on some of the icons.

Particularly apparent in pieces like Kinetic Melee's Power Siphon. Whereas Smashing Blow has one white line top left right and bottom

PS has 2x lines deep of white on the right and 3 lines deep of white showing through on the left side. Not sure what is happening here

but I am guessing the whatever you use as a template has gotten slightly smaller across and more of the white base is showing through?

Is there anyway for you to use a transparent background or does that complicate things too much?

Done with text in Melee sets. 12/06

• Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

@Rylas Um I am almost all the way through the blast sets above but I was just looking for mislabeling, typos

and other text stuff however I just noticed that under Fire Blast you have the "4 white corners" on the Aim icon.

It isn't on the other prior Aim powers and it isn't on the Wiki, is there some reason for them to be on Fire?

I wasn't even thinking to check if the symbols match the powers and such but perhaps I should do

another pass looking through the sets at a later date and check for any semiotic discrepancies?

Also I started updating the prior post because I don't want to keep making a new post

for every correction or set so as to not clutter your thread. I may just switch to a spoiler hide so

it doesn't become a wall of text and put a note outside the spoiler of what I am checking or how far along I am.

Will give it more thought later.

• Thanks 2

07K1tHnz_o.png

4 minutes ago, Christopher Robin said:

@Rylas Um I am almost all the way through the blast sets above but I was just looking for mislabeling, typos

and other text stuff however I just noticed that under Fire Blast you have the "4 white corners" on the Aim icon.

It isn't on the other prior Aim powers and it isn't on the Wiki, is there some reason for them to be on Fire?

I wasn't even thinking to check if the symbols match the powers and such but perhaps I should do

another pass looking through the sets at a later date and check for any semiotic discrepancies?

Yes, please! Any kind of error is one I want to know about. When making lots of icons over and over, little mishaps like those are bound to happen. I'll get that border changed out as soon as I can. Thanks!!

• Like 1