Quality of Life, Texture Mods, and Other Things

On 12/4/2019 at 4:25 PM, Flashtoo said:

This is an easy fix though; if you don't know how to do it yourself I could take a few minutes and put together some corrected files for you if you like.

If you could do that, that'd be greatly appreciated. I would love to know your entire method and config files for converting TGA files to textures. I'd love an easy way of putting more content in this thread.

20 minutes ago, 12thPower said:

If you could do that, that'd be greatly appreciated. I would love to know your entire method and config files for converting TGA files to textures. I'd love an easy way of putting more content in this thread.

Are you using Leo's texture script to make the conversions? It's pretty simple to use and it comes down to saving in the right format before converting.

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

I really like what you did with the mouse cursors and I was hoping you could take my request. I like the size of the cursor in version D, as it let's me find my mouse cursor quickly. However, I still like clicking with a smaller cursor because I am bad about pin pointing with the tip of the giant cursor. Is it possible to have the cursor be large as a default, then when I highlight over something to select, it switches to a colorful smaller cursor?

Edit:

I did a manual hack job by combining cursors from both the B and D set. It's still not quite what I hoped, but it's close enough.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 4 weeks later

• 1 month later
On 2/28/2020 at 10:11 PM, 12thPower said:

Not sure. Where can I find this script?

Did you ever locate this script or do you have another source of converting png to texture file? I would like to convert a png to a texture file and have no idea where to start.

Statesman Eye Login Screen Background Fix

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

DESCRIPTION

This mod is a quick texture edit that spaces out Statesman's eyes slightly. No idea if anyone else has already done it, but hey! There's a fix right here, good find!

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Installation Instructions

1) Copy/Cut/Move the 'data' folder found in this .zip file to the same location (folder) where "cityofheroes.exe" is located.

2) You're finished!

To ensure you've done it correctly:

Navigate to the folder where your "cityofheroes.exe" is located. You should now have a folder called "data" in this directory, which is the folder you extracted. Good job!

CHANGE LOG

• v3.0 Fixed a game-crashing error!

• v2.0, {HOMECOMING} banner added!

• v1.0, Mod Created!

IMPORTANT NOTES

Adding/Creating a 'data' folder in your City of Heroes directory is very likely to change the default configuration write/read directory from "piggs" to "data".

This means if you use /bind_save_file or /bind_load_file, the directory has changed and the command/your macros may fail to load.

TO FIX: You need to move your custom bindings and macros from "piggs" to "data".

TO UNINSTALL:

Delete the files added by this mod.

LEGAL
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY CRYPTIC, PARAGON STUDIOS, PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT AND/OR ITS LICENSORS. THE MOD MAKER TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY IF THIS MOD IN ANY WAY DAMAGES, CORRUPTS, OR CAUSES UNFAVORABLE ISSUES. PLEASE FOLLOW UNINSTALL INSTRUCTIONS IF SOMETHING GOES TERRIBLY WRONG.

coh_v2.thumb.jpg.d2425c1c262a4745dbb6ddd63286e6fa.jpg

COH_GUI_LOGIN_BG_FIX_v3.zip

Edited by BernardBeast02
Added V3 to fix a game-crashing error.

LESS ANNOYING SOUNDS MOD

DESCRIPTION

Hello and welcome to this little mod for City of Heroes/Villains that will make some of the sounds in the game, just a little bit less obnoxious! The idea is simple: certain powers, npcs and world sound effects that would ordinarily shatter your ears have been turned down, altered, or replaced with new (but hopefully fitting!) sounds that will let your ears continue functioning in peace!

Also be sure to check out Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods which contains alternative SFX for Beam Rifles, Peacebringers, Lightning Primary, Lightning Field (Quieter), and more!

Installation Instructions

1) Copy/Cut/Move the 'data' folder found in this .zip file to the same location/folder where "cityofheroes.exe" is located.

2) You're finished!

CHANGE LOG

v1.0

• Mod created! Sounds that have been modified are as follows:

• Demon Summoning: Altered Roar/Taunt sound from Fiery Demon and Hellfire Gargoyle pets.
• Hasten: Quieter, with a "smoother" build up effect.

• Teleportation: Teleport, Recall Friend and Group Teleport have a smoother, less sharp sound.

• Rikti: Teleport sound has been made much quieter and smoother (removes a Pocket D jump-scare!)

IMPORTANT NOTES

Adding/Creating a 'data' folder in your City of Heroes directory is very likely to change the default configuration write/read directory from "piggs" to "data". This means if you use /bind_save_file or /bind_load_file, the directory has changed and the command/your macros may fail to load.

TO FIX: You need to move your custom bindings and macros from "piggs" to "data".

TO UNINSTALL:

Delete the files added by this mod.

LEGAL
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY CRYPTIC, PARAGON STUDIOS, PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT, THE HOMECOMING TEAM, SCORE AND/OR ITS LICENCORS. THE MOD MAKER TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY IF THIS MOD IN ANY WAY DAMAGES, CORRUPTS, OR CAUSES UNFAVORABLE ISSUES. PLEASE FOLLOW UNINSTALL INSTRUCTIONS IF SOMETHING GOES TERRIBLY WRONG.

coh_v3.jpg

BernardTheBeast_CoH_LessAnnoyingSoundsMod.zip

Edited by BernardBeast02

• 5 weeks later
On 2/28/2020 at 7:11 PM, 12thPower said:

Not sure. Where can I find this script?

On 5/11/2020 at 7:03 AM, StratoNexus said:

Did you ever locate this script or do you have another source of converting png to texture file? I would like to convert a png to a texture file and have no idea where to start.

Hey, I was reading back through some of this and other related threads, but all I can find with regard to "leo's script" (Leandro?) is this, where a few posts down one can find https://corps.ouro-comdev.com/index.php?title=Content_and_Mod_Tools

This is currently offline though? Or rather, returns ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Does anyone have more information about this? Thanks

@archaelia - Torchbearer :: Pure Sunlight | Pure Starlight | Pure Voidlight | Pure Magic | Pure Radiation | Pure Diamond | Hyperline | Skittles | Wyndra | Stellagirl | Persephone Yin | Cilatra | Trance Gemini | Cyan Essence | Voidweaver | Zael | Multiplicate | Clanket | thiccuracy | Galaxy Gem | Infinite Rose | Nightflower | Hot Sands | Sandweave | Jetfuel | Plasmahead | Ice Chest | Internal Locus | Danger Dancer | PPD Parks Ranger | FDPC Cryoforce | Black Silver | Vanguard Viper | Arrowdyne | Adam Adrenaline | Violet Velocity | Hypervoltage | Star Huntress | Kat Huntress | Violet Vycanthys | Edge Witch | :.

i dont understand how to change which mouse cursor is being used an explanation of sum sort wud be appreciated it is working and defaulted to a green one which works but i saw all the differnet ones and wud like to test them in game

Edited by hulkchevy

On 6/13/2020 at 1:09 AM, hulkchevy said:

i dont understand how to change which mouse cursor is being used an explanation of sum sort wud be appreciated it is working and defaulted to a green one which works but i saw all the differnet ones and wud like to test them in game

Hey hulkheavy, I wanted to point this out to you, someone else ran into the same thing earlier in the thread. See below:

On 9/17/2019 at 3:26 PM, Sapphire Lotus said:

So there are multiple cursor colors, but when I installed it. Green was chosen for me, no issue with green, just wondering how I can cycle between them or choose them as a preference. 

disregard, I am apparently dumb. It would seem the cursor changes color based on the con of the enemy 

Hope this helps!

@archaelia - Torchbearer :: Pure Sunlight | Pure Starlight | Pure Voidlight | Pure Magic | Pure Radiation | Pure Diamond | Hyperline | Skittles | Wyndra | Stellagirl | Persephone Yin | Cilatra | Trance Gemini | Cyan Essence | Voidweaver | Zael | Multiplicate | Clanket | thiccuracy | Galaxy Gem | Infinite Rose | Nightflower | Hot Sands | Sandweave | Jetfuel | Plasmahead | Ice Chest | Internal Locus | Danger Dancer | PPD Parks Ranger | FDPC Cryoforce | Black Silver | Vanguard Viper | Arrowdyne | Adam Adrenaline | Violet Velocity | Hypervoltage | Star Huntress | Kat Huntress | Violet Vycanthys | Edge Witch | :.

• 1 month later

Well, you can't really get rid of it but you can turn off the 'looks' of the effect. (I like turning off all the fiery stuff going on when farming with my brute so I can see everything.

copy/paste these into your chat line in game to turn effects off or on 

Hide:   /macro NoFX "suppressCloseFx 1"

Show:  /macro FX "suppressCloseFxDist 0" 

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

I'm currently using my Macbook & trying to get the High Visibility Mouse Cursors to work for me.

Now I'm kinda unsure where to copy these new texture files to since the map structure is a bit different on OS X..

There seems to be no "data" folder for instance.

Should I just try to create the Data folder or are these kind of files located in a different folder on OS X?

- - - - - - - -

Nevermind! Creating a Data folder seems to do the trick! :)

Edited by GUTROT
Fixed

• 1 month later
  • 2 months later

i start repaint or fixing animation sprite that visual has problem, like blocking, blur and weird.

heres a sample i repaint hurricane sprite into more viewable without the middle sprite blocking.

:) after go thru 2 days of tutorials lols.

no error no bugs, just replace same file texture, no animation reanimate, :)

more to come, i will be starting make /time animation sprite.

hope to make more animation sprite :)

after i did more animation repaint without bug, will write down a tutorial for edit :)

titanedit.png

Edited by therealtitanman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

That would be awesome to see a graphics editing tutorial!

i able to fix bio armor into complete no armor texture, but the armor using poly swap instead of poly overlap the body.

the character will become invisible instead.

this is coding side, i cant edit with it.

Edited by therealtitanman