Update from the Homecoming Team (April 25th)

Jimmy

What about .... setting up a non-profit society?  Money raised could pay for the upkeep and upgrade of equipment belonging to that society, and any remaining funds could regularly be donated to a charity of some sort.  Extra Life, for example.

That way, no one person or group is actually making any money.  At least... that's how it would work here in Canada, for the several non-profit and not-for-profit groups I've been part of.

I'm floored by all this. Need to get my wife set up so the Triumphant Twosome can live again!

I'd be interested if/ when donations towards upkeep become a thing.

Obsidius, now THERE's a name that I haven't heard in forever. Welcome home, man.

I'm out.

3,300 individual players and only need 2700 of them to donate 1 dollar a month.  Would Patreon be legal?

Why stop at $1 a month for server maintenance/upkeep.

Why not bump it and start on a second or third server

I'd be willing to fork over my 15 a month to keep this running.

3,300 individual players and only need 2700 of them to donate 1 dollar a month.  Would Patreon be legal?

Why stop at $1 a month for server maintenance/upkeep.

Why not bump it and start on a second or third server

I'd be willing to fork over my 15 a month to keep this running.

This. cost was never an issue, I just want my ability to play in this world again :)

Good job on implementing the queue! While it's a little annoying to wait, I think it's absolutely the right move to help bring stability to a free server. You all are doing a fantastic job!

Eh, the cue just means that word is getting around and the community is still willing/eager to play! Better yet is we're getting first time players as well and this isn't even out of a Beta type format.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

My heart is full to the point of bursting. Thanks and gratitude to Leo and the entire Homecoming Team for bringing our Paragon back. When live closed, it left a gaping hole in my heart...it's now patched and healed.

lEILjoP.gif

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!

• 1 year later