Weekly Strike Targets

Leandro

Ran the Dr. Q one last evening. Thank the gods for the Mission Teleporter temp power. Added bonus, we had a team leader who know what they were doing. Even still, it took 3 hours and 6 minutes to complete the thing. Vicious TF. Still the 220+ Merits, countless bonded shards, 30+ million influence and a purple drop made for a decent evening.

Just to spare everyone from making my mistake:

The double merits and Notice of the Well is once per week, not once per week per strike target.

I ran the Tarikoss early in the week for my SG mates, then went and solo'd the Dr. Q last night, thinking I'd get the extra merits and Notice. I might have had a small mental breakdown in voice chat when after 5 and a half hours, I finished the thing and didn't get the extra drops.

So has anyone been able to tell when these roll over? Twice now, I've had a group clear these after 9PM PST the day before rollover, and not gotten the bonus. Are these dated for EST? The time zone the servers are located in? Unsure on this.

From GM Amittai on the homecoming Discord:

"Weekly Strike Targets change at Midnight UTC on Monday (what a lot of people generally think of as Sunday night), which was 6h48m ago as of this moment - your start time was 1:53AM GMT, nearly 2 hours after the Weekly Strike Target changed, and was completed at 5:58AM GMT, just under 6 hours after the change. If the LFG tool was still showing Explorers and Exploiters as the WST when you began, that's an error carried over from the Live schedule and we'll report it to our dev team so they can hopefully implement a fix to prevent any further confusion. You can visit https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,1398.0.html to see the dates that WST targets change through the week of 4 Nov. We apologize for the confusion on this matter; I know it can be frustrating to not get the reward you were expecting."

Okay, so it DOES go by server time and the live visual is a UI bug.

Yay! This info is awesome. But..serious question...WHY would DrQ even be in the rotation?

...Because 244 merits for 75-ish minutes of time is an awesome investment.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Can someone explain to me, in baby words, what exactly these Strike Targets are?

Assuming this works the same way the old ones did: ParagonWiki Link!

Short version: If you're under level 50, you get double reward merits and "approximately half a level" of bonus XP. If you're level 50 and an Incarnate, you get double reward merits and a Notice of the Well.

Rewards can be earned once per week (per character, I think, rather than per account). Completing the Strike Target again during that same week awards progress toward one of several badges.

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

If you don't recognize them, then that's a great incentive to take part in them and see something new to you. Remember, heroes and villains can easily jump sides now via Null the Gull in Pocket D.

I'd also like to point out that Shadow Shard TFs no longer need to be the ungodly slog you remember them as. (Well, except perhaps Justin Augustine.) The Team Transporter power is amazingly awesome for killing off excessive travel time between missions--which is really helpful when a Task Force may send you from the Shadow Shard to Paragon City and back...several times. It's 10 million Inf, but worth every penny--and by the time you get to the high 40s, you should be able to afford a purchase like that anyway.

I actually went ahead and bought it for every member of my team who didn't have it, given that I've got nearly a billion Inf to my name from conversion marketeering. Highly recommend doing the same. Everyone on the team having it will make sure there's always at least one available.

(The only Shard TF where it won't help as much is Justin Augustine, next week's, where it's about 90% "run here, kill X mobs, click a glowie, run there, kill X mobs, click a glowie, go talk to Faathead the Kind of Annoying in the Chantry, et cetera," and there are only like three or four door missions. When I do that one, I'm gonna be spending most of my time flying from place to place while the rest of the team kills stuff so I can Incandescence them to the next hunt zone before flying on to the one after that while they kill things. So, y'know, for next week's, try to get an Incarnate with Incandescence on your team--or if you are an Incarnate, go ahead and craft/slot at least the first level of Incandescence yourself for the purpose of that trial--to serve as your taxi service.)

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

If you don't recognize them, then that's a great incentive to take part in them and see something new to you. Remember, heroes and villains can easily jump sides now via Null the Gull in Pocket D.

Does that mess with your alignment settings? I kind of like seeing the "Hero Star" next to my life bar...

I'm out.

I think you lose your alignment power and have to reset the countdown to get it back?

I don't know if many folks are actually getting or using their Alignment powers?  I made a Villain Dominator just because their Alignment power is great for Doms and there's no equivalent elsewhere.

I think you lose your alignment power and have to reset the countdown to get it back?

I don't know if many folks are actually getting or using their Alignment powers?  I made a Villain Dominator just because their Alignment power is great for Doms and there's no equivalent elsewhere.

How does one get the alignment power? I swapped over and back last week so have the countdown to justice now, but never had a temp alignment power prior to swapping that went away, is this something that requires a special alignment mission to get in the first place?

As a reminder for people doing the Justin Augustine TF this week, given that it's about 90% running from one part of the Chantry to another killing mobs or clicking glowies, the fastest way to run it will involve having someone travel from place to place, porting the rest of the team in to do what needs to be done while they're traveling on to the next place.

It's only 60 threads to build a basic Incandescence, if you don't have it yet.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

As a reminder for people doing the Justin Augustine TF this week, given that it's about 90% running from one part of the Chantry to another killing mobs or clicking glowies, the fastest way to run it will involve having someone travel from place to place, porting the rest of the team in to do what needs to be done while they're traveling on to the next place.

Pal of mine soloed it last night, his alt has afterburner so they could quickly traverse the shard, then used mission to leave the shard to fight CoT and team mission to return to save faathim

People talk about Doc Q as the worst TF in the game, but really, it's Justin Augustine.  It barely qualifies as a task force, it's more hunts than actual missions.  :P

Nah, Justine Augustine is a fine TF except for missions where you must leave the shard. Most annoying if you don't have mission teleport for yourself and team transporter

Dr Q is the worst as it is the longest, and many of the missions are repeats, see map, same enemies, just travel to another door to start it.  It needs to have the redundant missions removed. Put the old version in ouroborus like they did with sister psyche tf

Synapse to me is the second worst.  Some missions are poorly described and you find out the hard way that the mission is a kill all.  Also its defeat clockwork, then some more, then more.....then here comes more and more....then giant monster Babbage and then the clock king as the final.

Did the Augustine with R_M earlier and his way is very legit. Was a pleasure to run honestly, none of the remembered tedium of the old days.

• City Council

Could a GM or the OP edit this post every week and Strike out the ones that are over, so we could quickly find the current one?

Well, I moved them to the bottom of the post - does that work for you?

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

Could a GM or the OP edit this post every week and Strike out the ones that are over, so we could quickly find the current one?

Well, I moved them to the bottom of the post - does that work for you?

Works much better! Thanks!