It's all about the cones and AOEs.

KaizenSoze

For Blasters, Leviathan and Soul Mastery each have 2 cones. Also Sonic Blast comes with 3 cones (although one of them is a fairly weak sleep power, but you can proc it out).

Dark Blast for Defenders/Corruptors has 3 cone powers.

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• 4 weeks later
On 9/14/2019 at 5:32 PM, KaizenSoze said:

I have fallen in love with my Assault Rifle/Device blaster.

The thing I love about that power set is the cones and AOEs. I find lining up cones in combat very fun.

What other AT combos are very cone based?

If you like AR/Device for cones you would LOVE AR/NRG. Boost Range makes it even more fun. You can add Static Discharge from the Electric APP or the new one from the Force of Will pool for more fun. 

Titan Weapon is the king of cones !
The set boasts 3 cones a pbaoe and 3 single target attacks, you even get the first (lackluster damage wise but still a cone) at level 1 !
TW/Bio is my favorite character, the first I got to 50 and the first I tricked up with an IO build.
One thing to note about TW is that it is VERY endurance hungry so pairing it with a set that has a lot on endurance management is key. Bio Armor and Radiation Armor compliment the set very well.

Fire Blast IMO has one of the most devastating AOE CONE RAIN combos in the game Fireball Breath of FIre into rain of fire combined with Aim and Build up is pretty well about as close as you come to a full sweep of maximum targets in one shot

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

I am the opposite. The tier 9 blast cone power is actually turning me off my AR blaster. In the time that it takes me to position myself in combat I could have just pressed one button and killed them all. The other blasts are just so much more easier to use. And if you are using the cone while the enemies are moving, it is so easy to not hit them. So many times I fire off my cone and only hit 2 or 3 enemies wasting my blast power. It seems the only way to use this power is as an opener. 

I created a concept for a Dragon Lich (that is, his kind are humanoid dragons. Where he's from, liches are called Judges) and they trap and summon undead dragons as well as modify their own body parts to take on the attributes and abilities of those dragons.  One such spell swaps out his "throat" so that he can breath different elemental breath attacks at his enemy like all those cool elemental dragons of fiction. The game limitations allow him fire breath, ice breath and poison breath.

Currently a Brute, I'll likely remake him into a Tanker but he uses three different elemental breath attacks and it's just fun how the concept fit together.  Too bad there's no "wind" breath (could be a control), lightning breath, miasma breath.

I probably wouldn't recommend such a build to anyone as the breath attacks are kinda long.  So if you don't enjoy seeing your character shoot stuff out of their mouth alot, you probably would get irritated.

Back in the day, I had a dark/psi blaster that was all cones all the time.

Recently though, I've been playing a sonic blaster.  Slotted Shockwave with the knockback to knockdown proc and recharge proc. On a team when the recharge proc hits (quite often), I pretty much Shockwave -> Howl -> repeat, and just juggle enemy groups till they die.  It's nuts.

Edited by Jeneki