Best AT for Savage Melee

Draugrok

I used it on a brute and it was a nice balance with damage and WP defense.  That being said, it seems to use the claws animations which I don't care for.  The third or fourth attack (forgot name) uses both hands and you see the 'rips' in space-time behind and beside you.....I kept thinking an enemy was sneaking up on me LOL.  Anyway...nice damage and attack chain on brute.  Hopefully others will have info on other ATs.

I am trying it on a Stalker but not really liking it so far. I got to level 32 and had thought that savage leaping from stealth into a group would be good, but actually it is not. I am not sure about the damage either compared to my other stalkers. seems to be lots of dots that take awhile to kill things

Edited by myyth

12 hours ago, Murcielago said:

You can download Pineapple and try them all with minimal effort. 

Basically the equivalent of "google it yourself" which is generally considered an unhelpful response to a question. Especially when asking for OPINIONS. Plus, some things can only be felt out through actual gameplay and not just throwing a build together with the character planner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THEDarkTyger said:

Basically the equivalent of "google it yourself" which is generally considered an unhelpful response to a question. Especially when asking for OPINIONS. Plus, some things can only be felt out through actual gameplay and not just throwing a build together with the character planner.

Considering how subjective game play is I'd argue that asking for opinions is completely arbitrary. Out of the people who have responded two have said Brute, one of which is vague at best, the other a stalker so I wouldn't call those opinions extremely helpful. OP can get first hand experience on Pineapple and play the game there rather than hoping to get a well thought out response here. 

3 hours ago, THEDarkTyger said:

Pineapple is the test server.  You can use a slash command to get to whatever level you want and however much inf you need.  IOs don't require salvage, only inf and you can buy merits with inf and get whatever recipe you need.  

Pineapple also isn't a planner and offers actual gameplay. I say stalker based on the fact it doesn't lose out on AoE and gains an AS type attack although this isn't a 100% win. Now, there was a thread on the brute forum asking if the set wasn't a bit underwhelming and the conclusion was that it was. I did do a search for it and didn't find it. A couple threads I did find.

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

10 hours ago, Leogunner said:

Pineapple is the test server.  You can use a slash command to get to whatever level you want and however much inf you need.  IOs don't require salvage, only inf and you can buy merits with inf and get whatever recipe you need.  

Yes this is a better version of the answer from @Murcielago which is likely helpful for a player who doesn't know there is a functioning test server.

Edited by Troo
I'd guess scrapper
  • Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• City Council

I'm finding my Savage / Bio Stalker really fun. Weaving the three minigames (Assassin's Focus, Blood Frenzy and Bio stances) together is really satisfying. Putting the hide proc into the charge works well extended fights, and having so many AoEs (3 in savage + the heal in Bio) causes the Build Up proc to occur very frequently.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I m curently taking care of a stone / savage tanker, extremly happy with it : savage leap is gold on a full granite build and savage provide an exelent single target "dps" to keep agro from my TW bio scrappers mates, with just enough area to help to keep agro enough time for thrash clearing.

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N

and for the OP :  I quote Savage Mélée "DOES NOT SCALE AS WELL WITH CRIT! Numerically and mechanically, seems made for brutes and ESPECIALLY stalkers" (and tankers, imho)

Source https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1av2vWL9UVgGw183BbjFNweJze7N5P3Tn8tYSppdFQgE/edit#gid=647164741

• Like 3

Just another French Player

So Excuse my old, bad and too french English !

Join THE COSMIC COUNCIL !!!

https://discord.gg/DVksJ4N