Auto-Accept Level Changes value reseting

termyt

I've been fighting an issue lately where my settings for both Auto-Accept Level Changes sliders keep resetting to 0.  What's worse, every time I zone, I get prompted again if I want to keep the level change.

I like to have both of theme set to 50 because I do a lot of TF/SF's and I am aware my level is going to decrease.  I really hate having to go in and check my settings every time I log in.

I've experienced this exact issue (except the prompts after zoning) since the last patch. I've tried setting to 50 and saving but it always resets the sliders to zero.

Have you tried setting it to 49 and seeing if it resets that as well? It is possible because there is no level 0 that setting it at 50 is causing problems with the settings.

If this fixes it then it is still a bug but at least we will know why.

You can friend add me at the global handle Sweet Torment

I created Indomitable's Community Teleport Hub usage: /macro TP enterbasefrompasscode TOUR-5307

All 50+3 unless otherwise specified:

Indomitable: Sweet Torment, Firesoul, Rikti Relocators Inc

Excelsior: Silent as a Lamb, Spinner of Lives, Project ReNew, Mire Monstrosity, Mad Madam Maud (48), Tiki Tour Guide (50+0)

This may be a bug and I am certainly not saying don't fix it....

In my bindfile I have load bindfile load options load chat and load windows all on one key and every time I load a character I push that button once (in case I changed something since the last time I played them).  If these settings you mention are on a save/load list this might be a viable work-around until the bug is fixed.  Unless your settings change with every zone then that might still be cumbersome.

9 hours ago, EmmySky said:

This may be a bug and I am certainly not saying don't fix it....

In my bindfile I have load bindfile load options load chat and load windows all on one key and every time I load a character I push that button once (in case I changed something since the last time I played them).  If these settings you mention are on a save/load list this might be a viable work-around until the bug is fixed.  Unless your settings change with every zone then that might still be cumbersome.

I load my options via a keybind as well, but this slider still gets reset to zero no matter if I set it by loading my options file or if I set it manually. In my case the game doesn't consistently warn me about level differences when grouping. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, but to be fair I have not grouped many times since I realized this was a bug so I don't have many data points yet. As you said, though, reloading the option settings via a saved file would be a good work-around until they can get this fixed.

Edited by AboveTheChemist

Have also had this after the DPI scale update. Seems the options.txt file isn't loading when logging in characters. All other player savable options (keybinds, windows, chat, etc.) work fine.

Current workaround: set the options in the first tab the way you want, then on the bottom of the options menu click save button (to the left of cancel). Then use load button (to the left of save) every time you log in a character.

Also noticed a -NaN in the "tool tip delay" when this started. Fixes when loading options.

• 2 weeks later

It looks like this might have been resolved with the last patch. Is this still a bug for anyone else? I know there are a few other options-settings related issues (like the -NaN tool tip delay and the cursor scaling not working from keybinds, among a few others) that are still bugged but when I played last night this particular issue seemed to be resolved for me.

Edit: Nevermind, it's definitely still bugged for me.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
Spoke too soon

On 9/21/2019 at 4:31 PM, Kigo said:

Have you tried setting it to 49 and seeing if it resets that as well? It is possible because there is no level 0 that setting it at 50 is causing problems with the settings.

If this fixes it then it is still a bug but at least we will know why.

When I first started playing HC I had it set to 20, and it kept forgetting it. Don't think it's tied to your or the teams level.