Another Update from The Homecoming Team

Jimmy

Not sure if this has been said already, but I am hoping serious consideration for the newer Guardian AT made by other amazing people in the COH client/server code communities.  From the parts I have gotten to read about them,  I think they would be a very interesting class.  A true Jack of all Trades and master of none.  It would allow people to make very specially themed characters.  (Maybe not the best since it tries to be so many things, but still very interesting and likely would work best in teams)

These are my two bits, and I would hope more may be said about the new AT potential.  I see it a a plus as most of the work is already done, and it is mainly the work to fit it into the homecoming code. (I know that maybe harder than it sounds, yet I am hoping it is a more of a head start than going from a blank slate.)

Anyways, thanks team for your efforts.  I love being in the city again, and hope to be for a long time!

- Jeremy M.

• Like 5

AKA Jeremy Mone or @jarethgk

9 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Fantastic things always seem like magic, until they can be explained by science, or natural phenomena.  So, you could go a lot of ways with it. 🙂

I like that angle, and that's exactly what I'll do 🙂 Reminded of Clarke's First Law, or at least a bastardisation of it.

EDIT: might be wrong, might be third or something. Goddamnit. been a while since i did media studies

Edited by Summerspark

2 minutes ago, jarethgk said:

Not sure if this has been said already, but I am hoping serious consideration for the newer Guardian AT made by other amazing people in the COH client/server code communities.  From the parts I have gotten to read about them,  I think they would be a very interesting class.  A true Jack of all Trades and master of none.  It would allow people to make very specially themed characters.  (Maybe not the best since it tries to be so many things, but still very interesting and likely would work best in teams)

These are my two bits, and I would hope more may be said about the new AT potential.  I see it a a plus as most of the work is already done, and it is mainly the work to fit it into the homecoming code. (I know that maybe harder than it sounds, yet I am hoping it is a more of a head start than going from a blank slate.)

Anyways, thanks team for your efforts.  I love being in the city again, and hope to be for a long time!

- Jeremy M.

This and asymmetrical gloves please, Guardians AT was passxed in favor of Sentinel though i wish it wasn't because to me Guardians are way more fun.

1 minute ago, ParadigmShift said:

I know it was a joke when it was first brought up, but the next MM customization really needs to be Clowns, and the final (think Gang War) power really needs to be about a dozen clowns emerging from a old VW Beetle.

That is literally the stuff of nightmares, no! 😛

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• City Council
4 minutes ago, Sylar said:

This and asymmetrical gloves please, Guardians AT was passxed in favor of Sentinel though i wish it wasn't because to me Guardians are way more fun.

Just to clarify, this is false. The Sentinel predates the Guardian by a number of years.

The Guardian was rejected simply because it didn't (and still doesn't) meet the quality bar - the Sentinel had nothing to do with it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

37 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

As part of this, we’re now collaborating not only with The Titan Network, but also the Victory and Resurgence servers, and it’s our intention to invite more servers to the table in the coming months.

Are player donations to Homecoming expenses being used to subsidize Victory or Resurgence?  If so, can you tell us why?  And also if so, can you clearly spell that out as separate line items on the monthly reports, for the sake of transparency?  Thanks.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

3 minutes ago, jubakumbi said:

Don't mind the cranky old geek.

I'm an old geek too, just sans the cranky...well, most of the time.  Hold on a moment....

*Shouts out the door*  Hey you!  Get the heck off my lawn!!!

Sorry, had to be done.  Even more pathetic when I remember, I don't have a front lawn anymore.  Really gonna have to reign it in about that I guess. 😆

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

• City Council
Just now, Rathulfr said:

Are player donations to Homecoming expenses being used to subsidize Victory or Resurgence?  If so, can you tell us why?  And also if so, can you clearly spell that out as separate line items on the monthly reports, for the sake of transparency?  Thanks.

Nothing has changed with the finances. We'll clearly spell out our costs in our donation posts as always.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Nothing has changed with the finances. We'll clearly spell out our costs in our donation posts as always.

So was that a yes or no answer to my first question?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

@Rathstar

2 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

I don't believe financial support of those servers was even hinted at.  Just cooperation, which is what everyone in the community has been clamoring for.  Let's not create controversy where none exists. 🙂

• Like 10

What was no more, is REBORN!

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

No, the donations aren't going to other servers. Nothing has changed 🙂

Great, thank you, I was just making sure I understood you correctly.

@Rathstar

1 minute ago, Abraxus said:

I don't believe financial support of those servers was even hinted at.  Just cooperation, which is what everyone in the community has been clamoring for.  Let's not create controversy where none exists. 🙂

I wasn't looking for controversy, just clarification. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Rathstar

Just speculating, but tanks are gonna be even better with Unleash Potential , mitigating that crash with unrelenting means more power picks sacrificing other powers, interesting, maybe make the armor T9's like Unstoppable similar? that way it makes the T9 useful again and makes Unrelenting useful too.

I like all of this!

My wish for new content is for alternate lower level paths. I know most people blow through the 1st 14 levels by DFB, but I like doing missions more but there could be some more options for low level arcs.  Maybe raid AE for some interesting low level stuff?

1 minute ago, MWRuger said:

I like all of this!

My wish for new content is for alternate lower level paths. I know most people blow through the 1st 14 levels by DFB, but I like doing missions more but there could be some more options for low level arcs.  Maybe raid AE for some interesting low level stuff?

As long as it isn't in the 20 to 30 range, I am all for this.  There's already far too much content between levels 20 and 30, IMO.

• Like 2