Another Update from The Homecoming Team

Jimmy

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

PS: be on the lookout for spooky ghosts.

Yay! I am so excited I could spit. Every Halloween for seven years, I've missed COH (well, all other times, too, but mostly around the holidays for events because they brought back all my old friends who drifted off in between events and 2xp weekends, etc.).  Hardly any are back now, or if they are, I haven't run into them, but ToT is so fun.  I used to love the Coralax "costume" (/transformation) the best for some reason.  Something about it just made me smile.

Also, spooky ghosts popping up wherever sounds shiny. 

A weird request would be to make more costume pieces require you unlock them in some way, staggering out their releases. There's a nice bit of psychology behind it - new costume piece appears, person is going to want to find out new, creative way to use it. As it is now, it's pretty overwhelming. I played back in the day and found I was way more willing to make more costumes and enjoy the game more because I had something to unlock on various characters. Now all I have is my incarnates.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DoctorProteus said:

The devs of the game are the ones who mentioned it. I assume they intended to give them actual Clown related powers and attacks, like pies or something.

I'm so laughing right now.  I have long loved the idea of a Clown MM, but the pie in the face thing is too fabulous for words!  Toxic pies and balloons filled not with helium but with hydrogen (or acid or . . . ).  Sonic honking horns (though I am a bit worried about the sound effects being right up there with howling t2 demons, but I can tune that stuff out and do when I play my demon MMs).  And big floppy foot-stomping feet that shake the earth.  And all evil clowns need knives or machetes.  Of course.   (I haven't followed the Clown mm discussion at all and have no idea if it's even possible to do something so extravagant . . . so I'm just chatting imaginatively here)

Clones would be good, too.  An army of me and all that. 

Leaping pool needs a lot of love if FoW goes live. 

Jump kick warping to a target to a knockdown, acrobatics getting Def debuff resistance would be a nice start 

As for legit servers, I have zero problem starting over and paying an entry fee & being called a 15-year vet.

Edited by Rejolt
  • Like 1

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

18 minutes ago, Rejolt said:

Leaping pool needs a lot of love if FoW goes live. 

Jump kick warping to a target to a knockdown, acrobatics getting Def rebuff resistance would be a nice start 

As for legit servers, I have zero problem starting over and paying an entry fee & being called a 15-year vet.

Having to restart again would probably turn me off the game for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DoctorProteus said:

We are all pretty invested now after 4-plus months but we're not official yet. It's hard to stop us playing the game but nothing is legit here when you break it down. I hope we get to treat this as a live beta that becomes "live" eventually but I don't want any HC dev for a second to worry about that if it makes us a real thing.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

I'll be happy with new Endgame content if it completes the Incarnate powers and there's a solo option, but I wouldn't want just endgame raids instead of new lower level content in the future, especially where we have few or no options, like Redside -- though I suppose that's a forlorn hope to see the Isles given some love.

I just like to play the game.

I really, really don't understand this mentality, even as @Jimmy showed, it is a major concern, so I get that it is very prevelent.

Not trying to be combative!

From my PoV, it's 'just more characters' I get to play, so I don't see the issue, I don't see it as restarting anything, just more characters.

Please, anyone feel free to enlighten me here...from my PoV, I would just get to play my favorite some more, possibly with different powers, etc...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jubakumbi said:

I just like to play the game.

I really, really don't understand this mentality, even as @Jimmy showed, it is a major concern, so I get that it is very prevelent.

Not trying to be combative!

From my PoV, it's 'just more characters' I get to play, so I don't see the issue, I don't see it as restarting anything, just more characters.

Please, anyone feel free to enlighten me here...from my PoV, I would just get to play my favorite some more, possibly with different powers, etc...

I don't like having my time and efforts wasted. It's quite simple really. I don't expect this conversation to go beyond this.

• Like 1

I don't like having my time and efforts wasted. It's quite simple really. I don't expect this conversation to go beyond this.

Well then, I guess it won't!

It's what I figured, I just look at my playtime in a different way, I got to play the game, nothing is wasted, I had fun.

Different strokes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Summerspark said:

Makes no sense to me, surely to project your will would be a natural-based thing? Or magic. Using only your force of will doesn't sound like a mutation.

It's Psionics, that is typically not natural.

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel