Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

On 12/21/2022 at 6:51 PM, Trike said:

The hairy chest option would really complete the look.

Monstrous Fur is just too much. Maybe there is a hairy chest option I'm not familiar with buried in the options somewhere?

image.png.5b18ecccf0d605b07611abc2cf15592e.png

On 12/21/2022 at 7:14 PM, twozerofoxtrot said:

Agree, and though I am loathe to critique such ART, I think there was a missed opportunity not going pistols with the revolver.

but I wanted a EM/FA broot..  We'll be going with a Temp Power for the thematically epic 'draw Revolver' pose 🙂

image.png.05854dd72e69ecb43b633359dda259e6.png

Edited by Troo
  • Like 3

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

That I went with the 80's version shows my age but when someone on a team pitched this as a possible name for a fire-based character, I grabbed it when the other player passed. 

The costume is meh but the name still makes me giggle from time-to-time.

1733672061_magmaPI.jpg.97c0cdd6d39d5d38ef45077ecc4b3bc9.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 11
  • Thumbs Up 3

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

10 hours ago, Attache said:

That I went with the 80's version shows my age but when someone on a team pitched this as a possible name for a fire-based character, I grabbed it when the other player passed. 

The costume is meh but the name still makes me giggle from time-to-time.

1733672061_magmaPI.jpg.97c0cdd6d39d5d38ef45077ecc4b3bc9.jpg

Awesome. You should rename the wisp/drone “Higgins”.

https://youtu.be/LBIgXhiOpeQ

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I will admit that despite being a comics/superhero fan from a young age I have not really ever cared for superhero costumes featuring briefs.* So while my last costume had one because I was paying homage to a number of characters wearing briefs, the appearance bugged me.  Leotards (which are no more presentable in real life outside of select situations) however do not bug me. So...

Polaron.jpg.a349900aadf4c93627e741beeb5e4b73.jpg

* Wonder Woman gets a pass...hers works. Superman...how I thought I disliked his briefs, then they got rid of them and it looked even worse! Maybe it was the miserable belt they gave him because when Aquaman shed his briefs for a continuous lower look it was a real step up. And Batman...come on, when you see briefs you think Adam West and a certain amount of goofiness.

Marvel heroes don't generally do briefs (any longer) do they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I will admit that despite being a comics/superhero fan from a young age I have not really ever cared for superhero costumes featuring briefs.

It doesn't help that the COH brief looks like a banana hammock that hugs the inside of the hip line instead of going lower more like a short. I think the barbarian bottoms are like what I'm talking about. 

Edited by Yellowjacket
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

Marvel heroes don't generally do briefs (any longer) do they?

Some do, but they’re so ingrained that most people don’t even notice. Captain America kind of goes back and forth depending on the book, but because the outside underpants are the same color, no one notices. Vision’s recent makeover eliminated the briefs, but Gladiator still sports them. Colossus has reverted to his, too, although maybe it’s a onesie?

4 minutes ago, Trike said:

Some do, but they’re so ingrained that most people don’t even notice. Captain America kind of goes back and forth depending on the book, but because the outside underpants are the same color, no one notices. Vision’s recent makeover eliminated the briefs, but Gladiator still sports them. Colossus has reverted to his, too, although maybe it’s a onesie?

Not sure I would call Gladiator a hero. 😛

But yeah, I mentioned to a friend last night that Cap does wear briefs but of the same color as he leggings. Colossus I think is a onesie because otherwise the top wouldn't stay on (but if we're going that way the only way Dagger avoided exposing herself was the use of glue).

10 minutes ago, Yellowjacket said:

It doesn't help that the COH brief looks like a banana hammock that hugs the inside of the hip line instead of going lower more like a short. I think the barbarian bottoms are like what I'm talking about. 

SilverAgeFan added “bike shorts” over on Rebirth, which look pretty great. I couldn’t entice him to add things here, though. Sadness. (On the Friday before Christmas I only saw 19 people on the whole server.)

These pics are from SAF’s Reddit posts.

https://ibb.co/6wFVnCq
https://ibb.co/FmV6Z0z

1-A83-FE19-96-DD-4-DF4-95-C4-46759-CE39-
5-C99592-E-5-A2-F-4582-89-E3-9-EEBA2-AA7

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

Not sure I would call Gladiator a hero. 😛

But yeah, I mentioned to a friend last night that Cap does wear briefs but of the same color as he leggings. Colossus I think is a onesie because otherwise the top wouldn't stay on (but if we're going that way the only way Dagger avoided exposing herself was the use of glue).

Yeah, Gladiator is all over the place. In the somewhat recent X-Men book (Red? Gold, maybe?) he’s definitely on the hero side, but in Guardians of the Galaxy he’s not. I guess they don’t know what to do with him.

Looking at Colossus, in some books it’s definitely not a onesie, because the top narrows down to thong-width, so it doesn’t appear connected, but in the most recent X-Force it is. The artists really need to chat with each other. 😛

5 minutes ago, Trike said:

Looking at Colossus, in some books it’s definitely not a onesie, because the top narrows down to thong-width, so it doesn’t appear connected, but in the most recent X-Force it is. The artists really need to chat with each other. 😛

He's been around for 40+ years...he's probably earned a costume slot or two. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah they added a female option that's close to what I'm talking about where it looks like short shorts bunched up around the hips. I messed around with the integrated tights over there and it's a real rabbit hole to go down, total decision paralysis.

3 hours ago, Trike said:

SilverAgeFan added “bike shorts” over on Rebirth

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trike said:

I hate the unintuitive Discord. I can never find anything there.

Discord is fine as a chat program, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why the entire world has decided it's the best way -- or even a good way -- to disseminate information. Especially information someone might need to refer back to at a later date.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

The costume contest should be hosted on the forum. Discord is fine as a spillover mechanism, but moving essential community-building/-nurturing activities over is the basis for the death of forums all over.

That being said, I think my best costumes are for my Necro/Pain MM Mater Dolorosa and my Radiation/Mental Manipulation Blaster Aariru Mahhuutu (really Āriru Maḫḫūtu; which should mean something like "curse-uttering priest of madness" if I didn't butcher the Akkadian grammar, I just used a dictionary):
mater.thumb.jpg.a362addf0c3000db4061ce11d0a0ca9b.jpgaariru.thumb.jpg.a700fecf21f4e2efd797363030fbafc6.jpg

Edited by Dugunthi
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3