Post your best costume designs here!

ChanelNo2

Recording the demo went straightforward. /demoplay "<name of file>" worked perfectly well and left <name of file> in C:\Games\Homecoming\demos.

First tried to do playback by invoking a command line and calling the executable stored in C:\Games\Homecoming\bin\win64\life ala: cityofhereoes.exe -demoplay C:\Games\Homecoming\demos\<name of file> but that did not work.

Then I got to wondering how the game launcher handles things. When you launch from Homecoming's launcher, in the bottom right of the button there are ellipses (the three dots). Click on it and a menu pops up with Settings as an option. Click settings and you get a Settings Panel. For me Homecoming was the default one shown but you can click to if it need be. The last line is Extra Launch Parameters. If you put in -demoplay C:\Games\Homecoming\demos\<name of file> the demo you recorded plays. 

So in theory all you have to do is edit the file accordingly. 

But I am sneaky. I am wondering if it captures you entering the costume editor.  Admittedly you could just record your play to video and grab frames from there (I have done this but the pos gfx card I am using since mine died does not allow me to record diddly). Going to go give demorecord the  session a go and see what happens.

Edit: Okay, while in demorecord you only see the game world. If you go into the costume editor, the screen goes black for the duration you're in the editor. Still, you can capture action scenes from the and of course edit the recording to show whatever.

Edited by Erratic1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2022 at 5:44 PM, MistressOhm said:

The power is in the .cohdemo file.  It's a text file, and can be edited.  You can change coordinates of the camera, and whatever it's looking at (the game only looks at you, but this isn't a hard and fast requirement for demo's).  You can cut and paste other characters to the scene from their own .cohdemo files.  You can delete extra characters, add NPC's, or change the zone or in-zone coordinates.  Don't like the sky or lighting? Change it to something else.  Want to be looming behind Veles's shoulder when he's talking to Morana and Atta?  You can do that too.  At one point I believe someone had come up with a demo-EDITING program, that calculated all the math to do the above, but if you're a masochist, you can do this in Notepad.

I am just such a masochist.  Back during the hiatus, I created a bunch of demofiles to showcase all the characters that I thought I would never see again (at the time).  Demoediting let me do all sorts of neat tricks like FX, using NPC parts, size changes, etc.  I used these demofiles to stage screenshots and had a lot of fun doing it.  I've forgotten most of what I've learned since then, though I'm sure the mental muscle memory is in here somewhere.  I'd be interested in getting back to it, but I was sure that there was no way to playback demo files anymore.

Can we do this now in HC?

Also, I'm going to use this post as an excuse to show off some of my demo screenies:

Axis&Allies - Banzai Hiro vs Kunoichi Miira.jpg

Axis&Allies - Le Rapier vs Bludwulfen.jpg

Axis&Allies - Skjolda vs Vampir von Stahl.jpg

Zodiac Chronicles - Chryssie and Dog.jpg

Zodiac Race 01a - Rat - names.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, wei yau said:

I am just such a masochist.  Back during the hiatus, I created a bunch of demofiles to showcase all the characters that I thought I would never see again (at the time).  Demoediting let me do all sorts of neat tricks like FX, using NPC parts, size changes, etc.  I used these demofiles to stage screenshots and had a lot of fun doing it.  I've forgotten most of what I've learned since then, though I'm sure the mental muscle memory is in here somewhere.  I'd be interested in getting back to it, but I was sure that there was no way to playback demo files anymore.

Can we do this now in HC?

Also, I'm going to use this post as an excuse to show off some of my demo screenies:

Axis&Allies - Banzai Hiro vs Kunoichi Miira.jpg

Axis&Allies - Le Rapier vs Bludwulfen.jpg

Axis&Allies - Skjolda vs Vampir von Stahl.jpg

Zodiac Chronicles - Chryssie and Dog.jpg

Zodiac Race 01a - Rat - names.jpg

Cool screenshots! I really like that last one. And where did the friar get that robe? 😍

• Like 1

Faster than a speeding projectile.  Stronger than a train.  Able to leap tall structures in one jump.

Look up in the air.  It's an avian.  It's an aircraft.  It's your cordial community CopyRightInfringementMan !!

CopyMan2.thumb.jpg.548d28cb3e490aa864f2e068231fa301.jpg

CopyMan.jpg.fbdf6ea1827d3dbde1b7c3465ef83e1d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 12
  • Thumbs Up 2

Here we have Hugh Mongous.  He is as big as they come,  literally.  His presence never goes unnoticed,  partly because of the burning sensation in your retinas after he passes by.

Hugh.thumb.jpg.a2c9dd6402d9fe5f63ac2630474e8ef8.jpg

The screenshot above doesnt do him justice.  Below are a few of his size comparisons.

Here he is next to Ms Liberty

Spoiler

1590546061_HughwithLiberty.jpg.396dd5ac3448a4316b014c1c3d3a2742.jpg

She makes it to his belt,  lets try and find someone larger.

Here is a shot of Hugh with Recluse

Spoiler

1155694086_HughwithRecluse.jpg.3d3f05996e3440ad6fadbb06c5ccab9d.jpg

Recluse's Crab Backpack gets him close but he only stands up to mid chest on Hugh.

Back Alley Brawler can almost look Hugh straight in the eyes....if Hugh had eyes.

Spoiler

1624830803_HughwithBAB.jpg.c30e5440df08c960ba23219429e000a6.jpg

BAB is close,  he is probably the tallest of the signature characters that arent artifically large for boss fights.

Finally we have Hugh on the character select screen.  He doesnt fit.

Spoiler

2073215452_HughonLogin.thumb.jpg.2d2e1419aefef06f44ad65479e251baa.jpg

Most of him fits though.  His head and shoulders just barely sit below the top of the screen.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, TheZag said:

Faster than a speeding projectile.  Stronger than a train.  Able to leap tall structures in one jump.

Look up in the air.  It's an avian.  It's an aircraft.  It's your cordial community CopyRightInfringementMan !!

*Multiple theme songs play at once in cacophony*

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

So how'd he get it on a toon?  Or was edited?

Before Homecoming, one of the iterations of Icon or whatever it was called allowed you use some of the NPC costume pieces and you could use commands to gather and pose your characters (really just their costumes) together. I’m assuming this is how this group shot was captured.

You could log into an empty Atlas and I *think* you could use commands to go to other zones. I did it a couple times to take some group screenies of my heroes and villains but I don’t recall how it all worked.  Only did it a few times because I found logging into the empty Atlas to be pretty depressing.

• Like 1

Actioneer || Aerobat || Agent Archer || Agent Dare || Amazona || Arbiter Doom || Astrowoman || Atheos || Attache || Aurgelmir || Big League || Blue Weasel || Bomber Girl || Cavalcader || Centenarian || Change Agent || Charade || Chimpanzer || Chorus Girl || Chrono King || Circlet || Cockatrice || Cogsman || Coin-Operative || Cold Spell || Countess Cataclysm || Crackdown || Death Adder || Deathwatch || Devana || Didgeridoo || Dirigible || Doctor Arioch || Doctor Asmodeus || Doctor Epoch || Doctor Typhoon || Duke Dreadsome || Executress || Eye || French Roast || Ghost Gal || Goldsmith || Hellstone || Herculon || Ifrit ||  Illuminoid || Iron Agent || Jen-X || Junkman ||  Liberta ||  Lord of Winter || Maera || Mime || Monument || Namtaru || Newsreel || Overman || Pakhet || Queen Cheetah || Queen Sting || Steve Saturn || Tarnation || Technoid || Teen Thunderbolt || Torch Titan || Xerelerex || Zodiax 

8 hours ago, Player2 said:

He and my City Druid can start their own druid circle.

OIBaWYf.png

Time to make Downtown Druid, Road Druid and Curb Druid!

…and Urban Druid, Suburban Soccer Druid, Asphalt Druid, Uptown Druid, Alley Druid, Main Street Druid…

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1