Longest Hospital run back?

Jacktar

Hello, last night did my first runs since return of the Apex/Tin Mage (he Battle Maiden and swords bit) and the Descent to the Hydra Abandoned Sewers TF’s.

On squishy blaster combined with rubbish twitch skills so died a lot.

So on my lonely trudge back from hospital with enough time to read War and Peace I wondered just what is the most far away hospital ingame during a mish/TF?

For starters I offer the above but I am sure they are not. Over to you guys 🙂

Also during the Hydra trial our leader kept saying if you die do not go to hospital but go to base. Can you explain how this works please cause when I am dead all my powers are greyed out with only the Go to hospital pop up available. (insps are okay but I ran out of wakies) Thanks.

If you're in an SG with a medporter in the base, the option to go to base will be available alongside the hospital option when you die. If you then leave the base through the normal entrance, it will plop you right outside the mission.

This title gave me flashbacks to The Hollows in the early days.

Early days of Hollows...no travel power until 14...of course Frost Fire is on the far diagonal corner from Atlas gate.  No hospital in Hollows so you have the run through Atlas, zone into Hollows, then hope someone has TP Friend and stepped out of the mish to get you across the 1000 miles of deep purple.

Am so glad they've added hospitals to hazard zones.  I ran a few DFB on a new toon last week and there was even a handy hospital for that!  

• Like 1

Independence Port is a trudge if you are at the far end away from Hospital, any Hazard Zones before the Mini-Hospitals were put in, but I think the all time champs are Firebase Zulu or the Cascade Archipelago. Talk about Frequent Flyer miles racking up.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

7 minutes ago, Alex334 said:

General Hospital (normally abridged GH) is an American daytime TV therapeutic drama. web design company in dubai It is recorded in Guinness World Records as the longest-running American drama underway and the second longest-running dramatization in TV in American history subsequent to Guiding Light.

My mom has been watching that for the entire 50+ years its been on.

8 minutes ago, Alex334 said:

General Hospital (normally abridged GH) is an American daytime TV therapeutic drama. web design company in dubai It is recorded in Guinness World Records as the longest-running American drama

I think you need to reread the OP content, and remove the hyperlink. I feel my Psychic Abilities beginning to tingle........

Marine X

2 hours ago, Marine X said:

Independence Port is a trudge if you are at the far end away from Hospital, any Hazard Zones before the Mini-Hospitals were put in, but I think the all time champs are Firebase Zulu or the Cascade Archipelago. Talk about Frequent Flyer miles racking up.

Nerva Archipelago is even more strung out than IP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jacktar said:

rubbish twitch skills so died a lot.

Twitch skills I find less important in this game; things seem to stack and overlap, that often when you try and pop an inspiration, computer says no and you're already dead.  Trying to predict aggro's land point and spread I find more important.  Often trying to do that on an incarnate trial though is akin throwing confetti into the air and trying to catch it all.  I got a character to the vet levels without dying (a lot easier now), then stepped into an incarnate trial for the first time and got nuked from orbit.

Hydra Abandoned Sewers TF

Oh yeah, the hospital run on this one isn't nice.  Then by the time you get half way back, everyone who was alive is now dead and running back from hospital too.  And THAT gun toggle.  I think the person who designed THAT gun toggle was the same person who designed the character bio editing.  With the except of the Lady Gray TF and the mothership raid, you'll probably never have more Rikti attacking you.  Why then the only weapon that can hurt the AV and keeps you from using your other powers, takes 12.. 17.. 23 seconds? to untoggle I do not know.  I say all those numbers because it seems that it can be any of them and totally random.

Over to you guys

Yeah, as other's have mentioned, The Hollows and Independence Port spring to mind.  I remember doing the Atta mission where a number of the team were self declared, stoned as hell.  It was a team full of scrappers and blasters, I was the only defender and I didn't have recall friend.  We got there in the end but it took about five hours.

In the early days, I also remember a guy in The Hollows who repeatedly and impressively crossed the through the middle of the Gulch only to die every single time to the same mob outside the mission entrance.  The mob was too high to defeat but not too close to the door.  He never moaned, in fact he never said anything 😄

Edited by Thunder Frog

I don't know why anyone in a group would ever NEED to go to the hospital, short of a total party wipe. With the Physician Accolade that gives ANY character can get a rez power. Even for a wipe as long as ONE person outside of aggro range has an awaken you can have the party back up in less time than it takes most people to run back to the mission.

But you kids today with your RAP MUSIC and your TWERKING. You don't know how easy you have it. BACK IN MY DAY, we had to EARN XP.

Get off my lawn!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Marine X said:

And if I remember right some points in those zones are so far away the range restriction for recall friend actually kicks in 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thunder Frog said:

In the early days, I also remember a guy in The Hollows who repeatedly and impressively crossed the through the middle of the Gulch only to die every single time to the same mob outside the mission entrance.  The mob was too high to defeat but not too close to the door.  He never moaned, in fact he never said anything 😄

Silence is Golden.

Duct Tape is Silver.

Bullets are Lead.

• Haha 2

Marine X

11 hours ago, Lines said:

If you're in an SG with a medporter in the base, the option to go to base will be available alongside the hospital option when you die. If you then leave the base through the normal entrance, it will plop you right outside the mission.

Say what? Does this only apply to TFs? Because when I go to my SG base after dying in a mission, I emerge in the zone beacon location.

I was moaning about the distance from the Faultline hospital after dying in one of those missions at the south end of the zone behind the dam, but then somebody informed me that, in the old days, there was no hospital in Faultline and you had to travel from the one in Skyway.

8 minutes ago, RikOz said:

Say what? Does this only apply to TFs? Because when I go to my SG base after dying in a mission, I emerge in the zone beacon location.

I have no idea; I’ve only ever used it on the hydra trial.

It might be that it works when the map has no base portal or beacon. So the same thing might work in the Hollows tunnels for instance.

12 hours ago, EmmySky said:

Early days of Hollows...no travel power until 14...of course Frost Fire is on the far diagonal corner from Atlas gate.  No hospital in Hollows so you have the run through Atlas, zone into Hollows, then hope someone has TP Friend and stepped out of the mish to get you across the 1000 miles of deep purple.

There are many things I miss from Live - the old Hollows is not one of them.  OTOH, in the lower levels it was easiest place to find a team and I enjoyed the Stockholm Syndrome shared pain camaraderie as folks griped in broadcast... 

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

One of the many reasons why I was glad when the restrictions on Movement powers were loosened. Some hard-core players will gripe about how certain skills should be 'learned the hard way.' Yeah...what that actually means is 'players will get tired of the tedium of the trip back and leave the game or never visit that zone.' I cite Boomtown, the Hollows, Faultline etc as evidence. Except for TFs and story arcs that take you there, these zones are empty.

I never really understood the issue with The Hollows, even when it was an issue. I never found it to be so.

Hell I have run from AP to PI at level 2 back in those days (during EU beta) as I was told you could find a vendor there that sold better Enhancements... well you could but you couldn't use level 40 SOs at level 2. (I was very new to the game in those days.) And while I might have died, I don't remember doing so. But you do learn situational awareness if there is a real threat. Hollows now seems pretty dead.