Trick &or Treat, Am I mistaken

quixoteprog

If I recall correctly new characters on Homecoming start with all costume pieces unlocked as well as all slots open. If that is the case, is the Trick-or-treat stuff and the Holiday event just a matter of collecting badges and doing the new house of horrors mission?

Well, THAT and you can get the occasional rock you can throw at someone? Which is not inconsequential. 

Lot's of badges to be had AGAIN, already got the first 2 costume ones, all but the Terror Badge from Deadly Apocalypse ( not sure how I missed it ), now need go visit Dr Kane and finish up my ToT Defeats, then tomorrow.........

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

so many toons. so little time.

Got the extra slot on my 6 leading characters last night. Need to get it on the other pet projects. Plus save up enough salvage to fund future ideas.

got the first costume badge on 4 out of 6 due to early drops of salvage.

Not bad for about 2.5 hours of work.

Edited by Sidious

16 hours ago, Sidious said:

they start with 6 slots open.

3 slots are obtained by doing the Icon missions.

the last 10th slot is opened with Salvage.

To be clear, it's not specifically the 10th slot that opens with Halloween salvage.

Any one of slots 7 thru 10 can be unlocked with the salvage, while 3 can be unlocked with the tailor missions.  These can be done in any order.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

3 hours ago, Extor Prime said:

Do you mean to say we can have ELEVEN costume slots? Because I already have ten unlocked by flipping to redside and doing villain tailor mishes 🙂

Actually, you can have 13.  6 base, 3 heroside tailor mishes, 3 villside tailor mishes, 1 Halloween salvage.  Or 14 for SoA with their extra mish.  However, slots 11 and up CANNOT be edited at all, because they do not show up in the big window.  They're a straight clone of Slot 0 at the time of acquisition.

• Thanks 1

What if you /CC to one of these extra slots and when at the tailor, hit Enter? Isn't the current costume slot highlighted when you open the tailor interface?

Might work, I should check.

EDIT: It doesn't, damnit. I thought I was clever.

Edited by Extor Prime
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Extor Prime said:

What if you /CC to one of these extra slots and when at the tailor, hit Enter? Isn't the current costume slot highlighted when you open the tailor interface?

Might work, I should check.

EDIT: It doesn't, damnit. I thought I was clever.

It was clever!  I say this because that's where my mind went as well, at first, and I know that I'm clever, so... you can follow the logic here.  😀

Thanks for testing it out and saving me the time!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

assuming /cc 10, /cc 11 and /cc 12 work:

If you can not change the look of costumes after position 9, and it automatically defaults to the costume in the 0 position, then would it be possible to change position 0 costume to what you want for position 10, 11, and 12 right before you redeem/receive these costume slots?  You still wouldn't be able to change them, but at least you could have 13 unique costumes.

I have a question and didn't want to start a thread for it since it's fairly simple. When I knock and get a TREAT and the Enhancement Tab glows, what exactly am I getting? Nothing seems to show up and I don't get any actual enhancements.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

4 hours ago, Chuckers said:

You can get a spider pet with 10 of each salvage!

Neat!  Does it do anything, or just follow you around making you look spoooooky?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Frostbiter said:

I have a question and didn't want to start a thread for it since it's fairly simple. When I knock and get a TREAT and the Enhancement Tab glows, what exactly am I getting? Nothing seems to show up and I don't get any actual enhancements.

I think that indicates the rewarding of a costume that you've already got.  Why it lights up the Enhancement tab I don't know.

• Like 1

Heavy, man

3 hours ago, 0th Power said:

If you can not change the look of costumes after position 9, and it automatically defaults to the costume in the 0 position, then would it be possible to change position 0 costume to what you want for position 10, 11, and 12 right before you redeem/receive these costume slots?  You still wouldn't be able to change them, but at least you could have 13 unique costumes.

This was posted by Brigg to get Costume files from Players to add to his AE Comicon Missions, but it might be a route to get those unseen slots to be useable.

" To get your costume file, it's very simple.

You'll first need a saved version of it. If you've never saved it, go to a Trainer, Icon Employee, Surgeon, or Trina the Body Sculptress in Pocket D, select the costume you want to save, and in the Tailor Tab (the main costume edit tab), click the save button under the color palette. Your player name is usually the most ideal choice.

Next you'll need to go to your Costume folder inside of your Tequila folder. This may be different for some of you, but there's a super simple way to find out exactly where this location is. Simply open the Tequila Launcher and click on the Options button in the bottom right. A popup window will show "Install Path" just above center left. This is where you'll find your Costume Folder and your file. If you saved it as SuperJoe, the file will be SuperJoe.costume." by Brigg

Make sure you Save ALL of the visible ones you want to keep and name and number them something you can identify them by.

Then you would just need to reload the saved ones at ICON or at the Facemaker to the unseen slots, that then frees up the visible slots for modification.

Not sure how to tell it which slot but I think you're just going to have to fiddle with it.

Hope it helps, good luck.

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X