Street Justice with what?

Shockacon

Because I am starting to feel my old mild case of stalker addiction from the old days coming back, I'm considering one of two. I had been trying to work on a claws/Electric brute but I'm not sure I am feeling it or not. I've thought of of redoing it as a stalker, but after a night widow it almost feels silly to do a claws stalker. So, I thought I might try street justice out as it might work with the theme for the toon but then I'd want electric armor to at least complete the theme (name and all). 

Has anyone had experience with Street Justice paired with Electric Armor? Would Willpower work better if I can forgo my desire to fit with the name/look theme I had in mind? 

StJ/Bio armor is one of the most damaging combinations both in real game play and pylon testing. It hits like a truck.

Highly recommend it, there's an endgame where you can softcap S/L/E/N/F/C/M and cap S/L resist with barrier T4 and have IH-level regeneration with the Sandman's proc in the sleep aura (which also gives you significant damage boosts due to Stalker crits on sleeping targets!) while also yourself having great regen.

It also gives two decent AOEs that while it may not be Burn, will certainly give you a decent mileage against a pack of foes.

It's hard to go wrong with sj/anything.  My sj/inv is a blast to play, up there in the top of the competition for most fun melee - and very, very powerful in general  Just pick a secondary you love, pair it and go!

/elec in general is a really strong set (maybe a bit stronger on non-stalkers due to the res/def mechanics).  Elec is easy to softcap s/l/e resist and get respectable f/c, but it can be tough to get decent defenses.  I did a quick mock up build converting my sj/inv, and wound up with around 27% s/l def, 22% e/n and 30% f/c with 75 s/l/e res, 40 neg, 58 f/c, 5 tox, 62 psi.

I played it on a Scrapper with StJ/Invuln... there's just something that makes you grin when you kick the bad guy in the nuts.  Bonus points because he was minimum height😁😁

Honestly I can't think of a truly bad pairing for it although I'd tend to avoid click happy sets.  Pick a strong secondary so you don't have to worry about stopping the butt kicking to avoid dying... scrapperlock is a definite danger with this set on any AT.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

If I want /elec or /wp, I would go Brute. If I want SJ, I would go Stalker with something like /ea, /shield, or some other defense based set. /elec and /wp benefit more from Brutes higher HP and resist cap. SJ is best on a stalker although it isn't bad on a Brute. I even made a SJ/invul Brute based on a concept, and it has been fun although like level 20. 

FYI, I went SJ/ea and it is one of the only builds I know I will play after hitting 50. SJ is just fun as hell and in the running for favorite melee set with Claws which I went Claws/wp Brute.  

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

5 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

If I want /elec or /wp, I would go Brute. If I want SJ, I would go Stalker with something like /ea, /shield, or some other defense based set. /elec and /wp benefit more from Brutes higher HP and resist cap. SJ is best on a stalker although it isn't bad on a Brute. I even made a SJ/invul Brute based on a concept, and it has been fun although like level 20. 

FYI, I went SJ/ea and it is one of the only builds I know I will play after hitting 50. SJ is just fun as hell and in the running for favorite melee set with Claws which I went Claws/wp Brute.  

Question, will it let you pair StJ with Shield?  I seem to recall that's not an option just like Claws & Spines (and possibly some more I'm not thinking of now).  If I was rolling a StJ Stalker I'd probably think of Invuln, Rad, Elec or possibly SR.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

Ya know, I never thought about using EA before. Honestly, I've only ever used Ninjitsu on stalkers before because like a 1/3 of it is skippable so I can raid more of extra pools. I think I might keep the toon as a claws/Elec brute for now, but this does give me ideas for a different stalker to consider. 

I like StJ paired with SR. SR can be softcap easily while also slotting for recharge (Quickness, Red Fortune, LotG +7.5%). It leaves a lot of room to slot attacks for damage. No need to chase IO set bonuses to softcap defense. No need to slot a lot of recharge to run an optimal attack chain. It's possible make a very playable build with a passive +60% damage bonus. Here's a 90 second pylon run. Probably around 550 dps.

I've never paired StJ with ElA or WP, but played them with various primaries back on live. I liked Electric Armor more since I can't seem to make a decent WP build unless it's with NB or BS.

Edited by StrikerFox
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Question, will it let you pair StJ with Shield?  I seem to recall that's not an option just like Claws & Spines (and possibly some more I'm not thinking of now).  If I was rolling a StJ Stalker I'd probably think of Invuln, Rad, Elec or possibly SR.

I had a SJ/Shield scrapper that I might reroll at some point. Interesting to look at the FotM data for level 50s. SJ and /shield are #2 for primary and secondary for stalkers and yet #32 as a combo.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I've only ever tried SR once before and it was when I first got the game in '06 on a katana scrapper. I really didn't know what I was doing with ANY toon at the time so by the time I quit playing around with ATs and powers and settled on one to level up to 50, it got put to the wayside. Maybe I should bring him back but with a different primary... not like I haven't revived others from Live. 

I did already have a shield stalker but with Electric Melee. I haven't played him much because with the Dark elemental shield and hide activated it looks like this dark nebulous blob running around which entertains me to watch way too much... perfect name for the powersets combo too!

• 8 months later

I have a seriously cool tanker with SJ - she’s based on fighting game characters and names Ccombo Breaker. It’s so thematically great.

That being said, I like secondaries that just work. I still think SR is the best you can get, but obviously EA is strong.

i have a Rad/ SR, Ice/Bio, and Psi/Rad stalker, all fully maxed out. The bio can survive well but it is the only one that has died (to Psi damage). The/SR is basically god mode; and the Rad HP can move but like 85% health is probably the lowest it’s been... It is negligible. All have soft capped melee. 

Most sets are built similar, just depends on 1. The end recovery you want 2. The damage you want from it.

08FDC078-2E06-429D-8CD8-33D0589A98BC.thumb.jpeg.d448bef3c1dea54326059412bd789509.jpeg

Edited by kiramon
  • Like 2

Another +1 for StJ/SR. They're just such a good pairing. Street Justice demands you take most attacks and you focus a lot of attention on them. SR demands almost nothing from you and gives you the world. StJ pushes out great damage on its own, but wants a lot of recharge. SR leaks recharge from its pores. They're peanut butter and jelly. With this combo, on any AT, you can have a character that hits hard, goes fast, and just doesn't get hit. The Stalker version is one of the best single target machines in the game. The Tanker version is beyond immortal. Take your pick 🙂

Plus, they're just thematically great together. You can make everything from street brawlers, to super speedsters, to dinosaur ninjas work with the combo. It's just *chef's kissperfection.

Edited by Crater Kate
  • Like 1

I have a StJ/SR stalker, gotta say I agree with the others here praising SR with StJ.  As a stalker halfway decently slotted you don't even need the t8 and t9 defense powers and you're still capped to everything.  I slot my two toggles well and throw in a Gambler into each of the rest of the defense powers.  It's a fantastic pairing in that it leaves you so much room to do other things with slotting and powers.  With SR I've paired it with the Sorcery pool for Rune of Protection so I can get some nice high resists to go along with my capped defense should anything get through.  The only thing missing is a heal which I'll give the nod to EA in that regard.  You probably can't go wrong with Shield, SR, EA nor Bio at that.  

There's nothing really I have to say about StJ on a stalker.  The damage is just crazy you'll run around with a bloodthirst like no other when you're on that stalker.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 9:52 PM, StrikerFox said:

I like StJ paired with SR. SR can be softcap easily while also slotting for recharge (Quickness, Red Fortune, LotG +7.5%). It leaves a lot of room to slot attacks for damage. No need to chase IO set bonuses to softcap defense. No need to slot a lot of recharge to run an optimal attack chain. It's possible make a very playable build with a passive +60% damage bonus. Here's a 90 second pylon run. Probably around 550 dps.

I've never paired StJ with ElA or WP, but played them with various primaries back on live. I liked Electric Armor more since I can't seem to make a decent WP build unless it's with NB or BS.

How do you manage end on SR?

9 hours ago, 11Troy11 said:

How do you manage end on SR?

Slot for end reduction in powers while leveling.
Three slot Stamina as soon as possible.
Look for IO set bonuses that provide +rec, +max end and end discount.
Logout in Arena to earn the Duelist Badge (+6 end for 2 hrs).
Carry endurance inspirations.

Level 7: Slot Panacea proc in Health
Level 17: Slot Miracle unique in Health
Level 18: Slot Performance Shifter proc in Stamina
Level 23: Start working on the Atlas Medallion accolade, and finish it asap.
Level 27: Slot Numina proc in Health
Level 38: Take Superior Conditioning from the Body Mastery pool and slot a Performance Shifter proc
Level 40: Start working on the Portal Jockey accolade, and finish it asap.
Level 41: Take Physical Perfection from the Body Mastery pool and slot a Performance Shifter proc
Level 50: Consider taking Musculature Radial or Agility Alpha for end modification
Level 50: Consider taking Cardiac or Vigor Alpha for end reduction
Level 50: Consider taking Ageless Destiny for end recovery boost
Level 50: Consider taking a radial Lore pet that provides a +end boost

Once you're fully IO'd with incarnates, end isn't an issue anymore. Kill things quickly/efficiently and end bumps up while moving to the next target. Normal gameplay, I keep all toggles on (Including Sprint and Ninja Run) without endurance problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jeez, I had forgotten I started this thread months ago. For the record, I tried StJ with a few different secondaries, Willpower, Invuln, SR, EA, and one other but I can't recall now. So far, I've liked it paired with SR the best. Early on it just felt right. I know saying that is subjective, but that's what I go by.

On 10/25/2019 at 12:52 AM, StrikerFox said:

Do you have any builds you'd be willing to post? @StrikerFox

On 10/22/2019 at 8:07 PM, Radiaria said:

StJ/Bio armor is one of the most damaging combinations both in real game play and pylon testing. It hits like a truck.

Highly recommend it, there's an endgame where you can softcap S/L/E/N/F/C/M and cap S/L resist with barrier T4 and have IH-level regeneration with the Sandman's proc in the sleep aura (which also gives you significant damage boosts due to Stalker crits on sleeping targets!) while also yourself having great regen.

It also gives two decent AOEs that while it may not be Burn, will certainly give you a decent mileage against a pack of foes.

You wouldn't have said build handy by chance would you?

On 7/31/2020 at 8:45 PM, sammcs said:

Do you have any builds you'd be willing to post? @StrikerFox

There's a few builds I keep to myself and StJ/SR is one of them. But someone could likely figure it out just by analyzing the video. Most powers are laid out in the tray, damage procs pop up in the window when activated. Even damage bonus is showing in the Combat Window, +58%. Not only can someone figure it out, dps-wise, they will probably improve it.

10 hours ago, StrikerFox said:

There's a few builds I keep to myself and StJ/SR is one of them. But someone could likely figure it out just by analyzing the video. Most powers are laid out in the tray, damage procs pop up in the window when activated. Even damage bonus is showing in the Combat Window, +58%. Not only can someone figure it out, dps-wise, they will probably improve it.

I tried to model my Stj/SR by looking at your build and trying to copy it, but I'm sure I missed some stuff and changed some stuff for my preference.

Here is the build I use:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

KnightStalker: Level 50 Natural Stalker
Primary Power Set: Street Justice
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Weapon Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Initial Strike -- TchofDth-Acc/Dmg(A), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofDth-Dmg/Rchg(9), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), TchofDth-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), TchofDth-Dam%(25)
Level 1: Hide -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 2: Sweeping Cross -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(25)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 6: Assassin's Strike -- SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(13)
Level 8: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 10: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(43)
Level 12: Focused Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23)
Level 14: Focused Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23)
Level 16: Practiced Brawler -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Spinning Strike -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(37)
Level 20: Dodge -- DefBuff-I(A), Rct-Def(37), Rct-ResDam%(37), Ksm-ToHit+(42)
Level 22: Agile -- DefBuff-I(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(46)
Level 24: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 26: Shin Breaker -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(27), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Mk'Bit-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 30: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/Rchg(31), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Ags-ResDam(40), Ags-Psi/Status(40)
Level 32: Crushing Uppercut -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(33), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Mk'Bit-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36)
Level 38: Evasion -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 41: Web Grenade -- GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(A), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(42), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(43), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(46), GrvAnc-Hold%(50)
Level 44: Shuriken -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Apc-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Exploding Shuriken -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Rgn-Knock%(50)
Level 49: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(50)
Level 1: Assassination
Level 1: Brawl -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(31), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(34), Prv-Absorb%(39)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5), EndMod-I(36)
Level 1: Combo Level 1
Level 1: Combo Level 2
Level 1: Combo Level 3
Level 1: Quick Form
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1518;699;1398;HEX;|
		|78DA7594CB4F135118C5EFB453A1854A913785D2521E2DB5A50DA04B13458D2206A|
		|98F44853AC0002393D2B445C1C7C27FC18D1B9F0B176EFC5B7C1135EA5A5D8026AE|
		|4DFDE8394093C6499ADFEDB9DFE3DC7BE7CEE4FA78FDEBD30F8E29CD7BC2360A854|
		|CBA68D82B66BEE6BC515CCB1BB692C73B91B596968BBB33A2B4729C99346DD34C1C|
		|CF1BB76D2BBB14D895C7CD45335B3013E9B59CFC9B36176D73DD2C28CFD4EAAA9D4|
		|8E74C73C15B1E9EDAA92B898DE57F67B2B7AC823567D95671A30EF3F64E80FF64CE|
		|9A4F5C318DDC6A363369148A667E63D767BBB889CA6FB355F129B9D455C1A0AE1CD|
		|7C0DAEBA06706F4CD82ED1970C6BD97ABD48453A994AE3E4A3D8DF5B4C77A59733C|
		|01F5A7A0E719E87B0EB6BF007B658B9CE5E492E68CA9B236447E92BA2ECCB95C6FD|
		|0EBC05BF21D58FB1EACFF406E8261A95B439F357E689FA51EEC9734F72B077ABD04|
		|6765A20EBD1C752D5A593BD80CB6FAC08CC47819E3FD4F8C21310D88510D5CC717E|
		|9DBC8FD695CC7BA0F6D9077C0E6BBE43DB0EF3E3827F59A50CFD91440BDBE6DACA7|
		|EF0F18FD2B7AB7AE6E486C0BFDB530364A7F71FAD56453DAB82F6D9D88F92AFE3AE|
		|8AF63115AE712B90C7659E44D30B002CE4B4F3FD7EB8F43734A8F6E687A77127D03|
		|297070841C25C7C06FE2A1871E7AE821480F417A08D243881E42F4A04BBF5EAEBB9|
		|7EB0C73DD619ECB82F8EC674C3F63061833C0984139A4083CE8910B782FA2D37C4F|
		|D260FC2298BAC479C989312716877638410E9349E6A6C098E42498931881363C4A8|
		|E9147D8E72818919C24EF49F211E71E827E7DEF4E96BAF48AFBC9F31DAAD44AF2A8|
		|649592AA5246AA94D12AE5DC8EC2D3576EB899D2F7BE064AE30D70FBE496D3E1964|
		|7E699A3F18DF9B5AF39B510DEEAC059ADFCC5095DE6296D41DFAECC8F20FFF7BEE6|
		|D0B83B3A77271C44CCF7FDAF5EE947C5F867C57862687FFC0FB2FBDEAE|
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hide adds 1.88% defense in combat, so Range is soft-capped.

image.png.394fc0d3fc597ef3de75348539a13d62.png