AoE Defenders

Dakroll

So what defenders can be built to still be useful for teaming up, but are also good at doing solo content at something like +1/8? Its be great if the build could do +4/8, but I'm fine with sticking to easier mobs if needed. So far I've been playing around with Storm/Water, but curious what other combos are good.

You didn't mention it in your post, but are you looking for AoE specific? Either way, there are many combinations that would be useful in teams and solo. Personally, I like my Time/DP/Soul build. Pretty much anything with good debuffs, maybe some control (soft or hard), and survivability should get you where you want to go.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

You can safely do like +2/6 and maybe better with just a TA. If you want to add like H2O to it you should be able to handle +2/+8 pretty easily.

Poison/DP would be a decent farmer. You will need to wait until you can proc out Poison Trap and get a stealth but by 30s you will start feeling the power.

Poison/Dark would be a good one too.

Time/anything with aoe would work too. Mine is currently a Time/Elec and I'm leveling up at 0/+8 just chomping a blue or purple as needed.

There are lots of combos that will get you feeling strong. Cold/ Storm/ Rad/ Traps/ Naff/ can all be made into farmer types.

Pick an unusual combo (maybe Poison/Assault Rifle) and amaze your friends as you pinball all over the place laying out large crowds while they go "Huh, a defender can do that?"   🙂

2 hours ago, Dakroll said:

Sorry, yea I am looking for something that can AoE more so then kill one mob at a time.

Most of the blast sets will have reasonable amounts of AoE/Cone/PBAOE, but being a Defender I’d encourage a blast set that has more damage proc options to leverage more output since Defenders kind of sit near/at the bottom of the damage scale.

Best options: Dark, Water, DP. Alt options: Rad, AR, and Energy. 

If you want a bit more info on what I’m referring to on this, look for the “Proc Monster” thread in the Defender subsection, it’ll go into a lot more detail. It’ll also talk about building a primary pairing that’ll support playing at +4/x8 solo.

I'd recommend a proc'd out storm/water. I seem to remember that this was the winner when someone was trying to make a farming defender...I know storm was the best. Water work well because it can be proc'd out, has good aoe, and can heal. Storm is an incredibly damaging primary for defenders.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 10:27 AM, Darkir said:

I'd recommend a proc'd out storm/water. I seem to remember that this was the winner when someone was trying to make a farming defender...I know storm was the best. Water work well because it can be proc'd out, has good aoe, and can heal. Storm is an incredibly damaging primary for defenders.

This gets my vote as well. Dehydrate is handy for survivability. Solid AoE and ST damage, and very thematic. Both sets take procs like a beast. 

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds