Street Names

Xeres

So I'm leaping around Atlas then went to Skyway and I realized something - I don't know any of these streets by name.  Do they have one or is Paragon City the subject of the U2 song "Where the Streets Have No Name"?

So I am requesting the all the streets in Paragon, Praetoria and Rogue Isles have names.  Maybe overlay the map / minimap with these names or somehow add street signs.

• Like 3

And there isn't anything else that could be important?  Not gonna bash on the idea, but the fact you zip down a street with super speed and make a left in Steel Canyon doesn't mean your gonna stop to see what the cross streets of Positron are.  Bouncing from roof top to roof top with super jump, you don't need a street.  High altitude movement with flight and teleport your not gonna even look.  Yeah, way down the list of QoL suggestions.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I like the idea, despite the nay-saying.
It connects with the idea of having an elected player Mayor and City Council per Shard.  It's the sort of low impact, but world-building element to the game which players could contribute toward.

Stretch goal, sure, but worth doing a feasibility study on at the very least.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

I like the idea, despite the nay-saying.
It connects with the idea of having an elected player Mayor and City Council per Shard.  It's the sort of low impact, but world-building element to the game which players could contribute toward.

Stretch goal, sure, but worth doing a feasibility study on at the very least.

I also like this idea I think @Xeres has hit on something that could actually be useful for, for example GM spawns if for instance the nav panel on your hud displayed your street name...

Obviously a lot of work, but also a lot of it like the actual naming could be crowdsourced, and it would give some life to the city...

• Like 1

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

In Japan most streets have no name...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 11/30/2019 at 9:12 AM, MetaVileTerror said:

an elected player Mayor and City Council per Shard

Woo, talk about taking a hell of a lot of time to get done, without any chance whatsoever of hard feelings!  And then how long would each "elected position" last?  What if I get elected and then annoy a few players, do they get to recall me?   

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Woo, talk about taking a hell of a lot of time to get done, without any chance whatsoever of hard feelings!  And then how long would each "elected position" last?  What if I get elected and then annoy a few players, do they get to recall me?   

They can impeach you, but all it does is send you to the country with millions of peaches. You'd still be the Mayor of them.

• Like 1

It may be more plausible to add the street names to Vidiots Maps than have to actually install sign posts everywhere or have more things flashing in the middle of the screen. Hovering the pointer over the mini-map could display the name. Is this a Possibility?

On elections, I think that the Candidates should by NPC, Created to show a Range of Possibilities, elected in the Forums, playable by the Homecoming Devs for special events, and Accessible in game at the City Hall for some kind of special mission assignment.

Edited by Marine X

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Okay, regardless of necessity and difficulty of implementation, I find this suggestion charming and refreshingly different from the usual "remove aggro cap," "raise <AT> damage" suggestions.

We could honor a lot of people from the history of print comics, developers, forum moderators, beloved deceased players, memes like Lesbian Hellions and jerk hacking, all sorts of COH things and who would it harm?

This seems like a genuinely fun suggestion.

• Like 1