Posted (edited)

Marine Affinity is now live! (on the test server)

Funnily enough, not one anyone here got around to having a go at! I've seen it pop up a few times here in the suggestions forum, but ironically dry as a bone over in this thread. But! What it does mean is that more water powersets could be potentially explored in the future, something the old dev team wanted to do according to the AMA.

We've already got a few other water themed powersets spread over different archetypes, but we are lacking support based ideas, so it's nice to see Marine Affinity added to the game. With that said, I do wanna try and conceptualise some more support sets too, starting with Energy Affinity

Now you might be thinking that's just 'Kinetics'. Which... yeah, I guess so. But I like to think every since Kinetic Melee came out alongside Energy Melee, there's a degree of separation we can maybe work with.

Energy Affinity

image.png.b749af2f3c02e0aa90ca4a200b946bbb.png - Sap Energy: Reduces a single target's Endurance and Damage. Uses the Malta 'Sapper' FX

image.png.35f4b884c564ea98553546922aa7ccc0.png - Kinetic Barrier: Grants Defense to Smashing, Lethal and Energy to allies, using the 'Kinetic Shield' Alt FX

image.png.87026d2724d8eb7c6b7501722c8659e3.png - Repulse: Retired power belonging to Stalkers. Creates a PBAoE knockback field similar to 'Repel'

image.png.16151aa2e692d13d106e84dc7d18feb2.png - Power Barrier: Grants Defense to FIre, Cold, Energy and Negative to allies, using the 'Power Shield' Alt FX

image.png.4480f1519350fbf8935fb589d9948418.png - Entropy Field: PBAoE toggle power that grants mez protection. Targets gain an aura similar to the 'Entropic Aura' Alt FX, while the power itself has a field similar to 'Soothing Aura'

image.png.d9681702eacdc428c6ae4cc09723ba36.png - Power Crash: Reduces enemy Endurance, Damage, Defense and Recovery in an AoE. Uses the Malta 'Sapper Overcharge' FX

image.png.95731bba3b1bfcf55ea5ef1a317ff68b.png - Energizer: Heals an ally and grants a small Endurance Discount and boost to Recovery and Regeneration. Uses the 'Energize' FX

image.png.68ec31faa8834c75d097091d2e267538.png - Power Drain: Power borrowed from Sentinels, reduces enemy Endurance and boosts your own

image.png.6ad6811fd4599e1f387ec3d0c4848f5c.png - Energy Boost: Ally version of Power Build Up, uses the 'Overload' Alt FX

Edited by Alchemystic
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Alchemystic said:

Marine Affinity is now live!

It is? Because I just logged on the game to see it for myself after reading this post, and it is not available to any ATs on the live servers. Nor is there a patch update saying it was added to the game.

10 minutes ago, Rudra said:

It is? Because I just logged on the game to see it for myself after reading this post, and it is not available to any ATs on the live servers. Nor is there a patch update saying it was added to the game.

It's not; it's still on open beta being tested.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 hour ago, Alchemystic said:

Funnily enough, not one anyone here got around to having a go at! I've seen it pop up a few times here in the suggestions forum, but ironically dry as a bone over in this thread.

I post power set ideas as their own threads when I don't think a set is recycled enough to be in this one. 😢

(In terms of existing powers, animations, etc.)

I did post my own take on Energy Affinity here; feel free to take any ideas. It ended up being a Frankenstein's monster of Empathy, Kinetics, and Force Field.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, megaericzero said:

I post power set ideas as their own threads when I don't think a set is recycled enough to be in this one. 😢

(In terms of existing powers, animations, etc.)

I did post my own take on Energy Affinity here; feel free to take any ideas. It ended up being a Frankenstein's monster of Empathy, Kinetics, and Force Field.

Exactly.  This thread is just about making sets with animations already in game 🙂

*still waiting on Temporal Armor set*

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Since I tried my hand at making an Energy themed support powerset, hoping to create more distinction between Energy and Kinetics, I wanna try having a go at more Kinetic themed powersets.

So far we have here in this thread Kinetic Blast, Kinetic Assault and Kinetic Manipulation, complimenting Kinetics and Kinetic Melee that are already in game, which leaves us with two powerset types to figure out; Armor and Control. Obviously there's going to be a lot of thematic overlap between Gravity and Energy themed sets, but I think there's enough material to work with.

Kinetic Armor

image.png.bb328ba8f8c9471ac3db935de0cb87ab.png - Kinetic Armor: Toggle power that grants Resistance to Smashing, Lethal, Fire and Cold. Uses Kinetic Melee whirling FX on the player body

image.png.206dad9a2e036467617964e196e7b154.png - Dampening Field: Autopower from Energy Aura, granting small Resistance to Smashing, Lethal, Energy and End Drain

image.png.652c4e1eafab630b6c70b603f14d3d41.png - Flux Armor: Toggle power that grants Resistance to Energy, Negative, Psionic and Toxic. Uses the pulsing Kinetic FX from 'Focused Burst' on player body

image.png.3eb7fb85c64eeb6e6652d476eae815a0.png - Density Increase: Toggle power that grants Protection to Hold, Immobilize, Knockdown, Stun and Slow. Uses Kinetic Melee's fist FX throughout the player's body

image.png.479214186978cae2780450ff3d8adf67.png - Ablative Barrier: Click power that grants Absorb over Time. Uses the 'Burst'/'Focused Burst' spherical FX on the player body

image.png.c405647ad7deb6f2c82927c6bcbd7064.png - Equilibrium: Toggle power that reduces enemy Defense in an AoE while boosting your own per enemy affected. Uses a larger scale 'Power Siphon' FX in reverse

image.png.9faa438ad607d5a079d94195d5646503.png - Repelling Force: Autopower from Energy Aura, granting a small boost to Defense

image.png.4a4e8d2dc7a8bca44a68d3fa9fa82800.png - Shift Momentum: Click power that DeBuffs Speed and Damage in an AoE while boosting your own per enemy affected. Uses the 'Burst' area FX in reverse

image.png.d0cf1e9b16d1e453ab6ded15598a957c.png - Unstoppable Force: Click power that increases Damage, Defense, and Mez Protection. Uses the 'Concentrated Strike' target FX on player body

Kinetic Control

image.png.717560036e9d036e4530a3529bf1b035.png - Halt Movement: Single target Immobilize power dealing Smashing DoT. Uses a smaller version of the 'Power Siphon' FX on enemy legs

image.png.0be046919b60086358555af454504e85.png - Impel: Single target repel power much like 'Ki Push', with similar FX to 'Focused Burst'

image.png.ae558a53cce881b06008d4b50552c2d6.png - Stasis: Single target Hold power dealing Smashing DoT. Traps target in a bubble similar to the 'Burst'/'Focused Burst' spherical FX

image.png.7bc187a0f4d968e124b0b32fbe66018a.png - Halt Momentum: Ranged cone version of Halt Movement

image.png.fb04a610ed03f9886a631d98bfe4e006.png - Repulsing Torrent: Same power from Kinetic Melee, knocking foes back in a cone

image.png.adddb5387495ac47a719c5e8b9bdded9.png - Attract: Targeted AoE power that slows enemies and draws them in, and may cause knockdown. Uses the 'Power Siphon' FX in reverse

image.png.0a46b4ba787b2a71b53d4ab72c78f332.png - Fluctuation: Ranged AoE power that Stuns enemies. Uses a larger version of the 'Burst' area FX

image.png.30947e17352cf47e430b7fac891ed259.png - Mass Stasis: AoE version of Stasis.

image.png.1c8256b5401dfc0b6c4eb7cb7ebef8bb.png - Opposing Force: Summons a pet that uses Kinetic Melee powers. Creates an invisible humanoid entity with the Kinetic Melee hand aura throughout it's body

Edited by Alchemystic
  • Like 3

• 1 month later

So I was doing a little thinking, and thought the following power set would be cool.  Basically, it'd be a combination or hybrid of super reflexes and regeneration.  The idea is that, instead of possessing superior reflexes or outright superior regenerative abilities, your character's physiology/metabolism/what have you, is pushed to such a level that you are both hyper-aware of your surroundings, while also healing/recovering at an accelerated rate.  This could be the result of a naturally accelerated metabolism, some sort of chemically-induced state of being, some sort of adrenaline-inducing cybernetic, or maybe even a permanent enchantment of some kind.  the powers would draw from a few sources, and the set would look like:

1. Focused Fighting (From SR) - DEF Melee

2. Danger Sense (From Ninjitsu) - DEF Ranged, AOE

3. Inexhaustible (From Bio Armor) - Auto: +Max HP, +Regen, +Rec, +Res(Slow, End Drain) *Note - Does not gain any special bonuses from adaptation or otherwise

4. Integration (From Regen) - Toggle: Self +Res(Knockback, Disorient, Hold, Sleep, Immob), +Regen

5. Dull Pain - Self +Max HP

6. Lightning Reflexes (From Elec Armor)

7. Burst of Speed (Martial Combat) - Location (AoE), Moderate DMG (Smash), Self Teleport

8. Reaction Time (From Martial Combat) - Toggle: PBAoE, Self Absorb over Time, +Recovery, Foe –Rech, -Move, Special

9. Reach for the Limit (From Martial Combat) - Self, Auto, chance for +dmg and +tohit on all attacks

Please note that the actual power names would be changed for the final set.

• Like 3

Not knocking the suggestion but it is already largely covered by Willpower, both mechanically and thematically.

Danger Sense -> Heightened Senses

Inexhaustible, Integration -> Fast Healing, Quick Recovery, Reconstruction (Stalkers)

Dull Pain -> Rise to the Challenge, High Pain Tolerance, Mind Over Body

The Martial Combat stuff and Lightning Reflexes do give it its own flavor related to speed. The tier 9 is rather unorthodox; practical but a wild call from the kinds we have so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/22/2024 at 1:50 AM, biostem said:

So I was doing a little thinking, and thought the following power set would be cool.  Basically, it'd be a combination or hybrid of super reflexes and regeneration.  The idea is that, instead of possessing superior reflexes or outright superior regenerative abilities, your character's physiology/metabolism/what have you, is pushed to such a level that you are both hyper-aware of your surroundings, while also healing/recovering at an accelerated rate.  This could be the result of a naturally accelerated metabolism, some sort of chemically-induced state of being, some sort of adrenaline-inducing cybernetic, or maybe even a permanent enchantment of some kind.  the powers would draw from a few sources, and the set would look like:

1. Focused Fighting (From SR) - DEF Melee

2. Danger Sense (From Ninjitsu) - DEF Ranged, AOE

3. Inexhaustible (From Bio Armor) - Auto: +Max HP, +Regen, +Rec, +Res(Slow, End Drain) *Note - Does not gain any special bonuses from adaptation or otherwise

4. Integration (From Regen) - Toggle: Self +Res(Knockback, Disorient, Hold, Sleep, Immob), +Regen

5. Dull Pain - Self +Max HP

6. Lightning Reflexes (From Elec Armor)

7. Burst of Speed (Martial Combat) - Location (AoE), Moderate DMG (Smash), Self Teleport

8. Reaction Time (From Martial Combat) - Toggle: PBAoE, Self Absorb over Time, +Recovery, Foe –Rech, -Move, Special

9. Reach for the Limit (From Martial Combat) - Self, Auto, chance for +dmg and +tohit on all attacks

Please note that the actual power names would be changed for the final set.

I can see what you're going for, though it looks a little like Shield Defense, but without the shield prop. That isn't to say it's a bad idea, something along the lines of 'Self Defense' would be a good set to have!

Edited by Alchemystic
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later

Been a hot minute since I've posted any new powersets here myself, and that mostly comes down to having a surprisingly productive summer! Now we're in more of a lull this time of year before the steady flow of annual holidays, I've had a little more time set aside for CoH in general, along with projects like this.

Looking back on the last bout of powersets, I was trying to create a little more disctinction between Energy and Kinetics themed powers, but I want to also look at giving Gravity similar treatment. Historically, Gravity has always been a bit synonymous with the two, with Kinetics and Energy Assault being viewed as the 'natural pairing' with Gravity Control. I already had a go at making Gravity Manipulation, Armor and Affinity, so we can maybe try and round things out with Blast, Melee and Assault powersets too.

Gravity Melee

image.png.cd91ff7845e0e3b8be24533cfc795d9a.png - Compress: A new quick smashing melee power using the 'Mental Strike' animation from Psi Melee. Has a small gravity FX extending along the arm during the strike.

image.png.dfb885d617ee6095d82889158ce765f8.png - Slam: A new melee power that uses the same animation as Air Superiority, and also has a chance to knock foes down and disable flight.... like Air Superiority. Features typical gravity FX on the arms during the animation.

image.png.79d4b8bcf4e58e54f0236e57b4582e3f.png - Gravity Wave: A cone melee power that uses the same animation as 'Jacob's Ladder' from Elec Melee, with similar FX as 'Warp' extending over both arms.

image.png.fbc1b2d2b5e01de277c093a29d5cf1da.png - Build Up: Your average build up power.

image.png.676dca75089e4e11cd1f0499340102e7.png/image.png.ece89079f2eb971de34b6bf749774ea9.png - Taunt/Placate: Standard aggro management power.

image.png.8d0fbc6a54c32c2424e930e68fb1e27f.png - Impact: A new PBAoE melee power that uses the same animation as Atom Smasher. Deals heavy damage and can cause several foes to be knocked down and lose flight. Similar FX to Slam, but with the Crush FX added in. Not available on Stalkers.

image.png.07c58f5be62fffcbc47fa4a77bcceeb0.png - Assassin's Crush: A Stalker-unique power that uses the 'Fist of Annihilation' animation from Martial Arts. Similar FX to 'Compress', though more intense.

image.png.142d54604034b508eb3618f482e4f921.png - Liftoff: A new melee power using the 'Telekinetic Blow' animation from Psi Melee, with greater gravity FX extending along the arm. Inflicts an upwards 'repel' effect.

image.png.991f018943a5b43fd8010bd3c832a0b8.png - Propel: A power taken from Gravity Control, filling a similar role to Hurl/Hurl Boulder.

image.png.cb57c4adde37ffa8a9a0ae10fd312554.png - Collapse: A superior damage melee power that uses the same animation as Tremor or Total Focus, has a chance to immobilize the target and increase the endurance they must use for powers. Same FX as Slam, though more intense.

Gravity Blast

image.png.fbcb7b3a4176c7abea8a9a6b0a9ee26a.png - Attract: Ranged power that attracts debris to the target. Uses 'Gravity Distortion' FX on the torso while drawing in rock/scrap props, dealing smashing/lethal damage.

image.png.b0c36d751a3dcaee03b12abca5be8d69.png - Shunt: Ranged power that inflicts moderate smashing damage and knocks them back. uses the 'Lift' FX but motioned backwards.

image.png.f4b3738d4c0d6d28191b52e264a99f25.png - Scatter: Ranged cone attack that flings several rock/scrap props ahead of the player, using the alternative 'Energy Torrent' animation with objects having similar projectile FX to 'Propel'

image.png.991f018943a5b43fd8010bd3c832a0b8.png - Propel: A power taken from Gravity Control, working much the same.

image.png.70fcd3cdf1f60b2c2eb3e376fdaeb06f.png - Aim: Standard Aim power.

image.png.24e5eace6662921ee7c8c7f542137220.png - FTL Lance: Snipe power that fires a small superfast projectile. Uses the same projectile FX as 'Propel', though much narrower and intensive.

image.png.809ac21948ce414cc1f1b9b15964ad35.png - Barycenter: DoT field that causes debris to circle around a fixed point, using a smaller 'Singularity' FX and several objects to encircle it.

image.png.df533306b527c00906d1573c1909b83a.png - Warp: High damage ranged attack that uses the same FX as 'Wormhole' on the target, and inflicts stun.

image.png.6777fc9c2ced649a0057170520cc8bad.png - Event Horizon: Massive AoE attack that uses the rippling effects of 'Wormhole' and 'Dimension Shift'. Gives all targets weak flight with no control and pulls them toward the center point.

Gravity Assault

image.png.fbcb7b3a4176c7abea8a9a6b0a9ee26a.png - Attract: Ranged power that attracts debris to the target. Uses 'Gravity Distortion' FX on the torso while drawing in rock/scrap props, dealing smashing/lethal damage.

image.png.dfb885d617ee6095d82889158ce765f8.png - Slam: A new melee power that uses the same animation as Air Superiority, and also has a chance to knock foes down and disable flight.... like Air Superiority. Features typical gravity FX on the arms during the animation.

image.png.f4b3738d4c0d6d28191b52e264a99f25.png - Scatter: Ranged cone attack that flings several rock/scrap props ahead of the player, using the alternative 'Energy Torrent' animation with objects having similar projectile FX to 'Propel'

image.png.b0c36d751a3dcaee03b12abca5be8d69.png - Shunt: Ranged power that inflicts moderate smashing damage and knocks them back. uses the 'Lift' FX but motioned backwards.

image.png.fbc1b2d2b5e01de277c093a29d5cf1da.png - Build Up: Your average build up power.

image.png.8d0fbc6a54c32c2424e930e68fb1e27f.png - Impact: A new PBAoE melee power that uses the same animation as Atom Smasher. Deals heavy damage and can cause several foes to be knocked down and lose flight. Similar FX to Slam, but with the Crush FX added in.

image.png.24e5eace6662921ee7c8c7f542137220.png - FTL Lance: Snipe power that fires a small superfast projectile. Uses the same projectile FX as 'Propel', though much narrower and intensive.

image.png.cb57c4adde37ffa8a9a0ae10fd312554.png - Collapse: A superior damage melee power that uses the same animation as Tremor or Total Focus, has a chance to immobilize the target and increase the endurance they must use for powers. Same FX as Slam, though more intense.

image.png.df533306b527c00906d1573c1909b83a.png - Warp: High damage ranged attack that uses the same FX as 'Wormhole' on the target, and inflicts stun.

Edited by Alchemystic
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Alchemystic said:

image.png.6777fc9c2ced649a0057170520cc8bad.png - Event Horizon: Massive AoE attack that uses the rippling effects of 'Wormhole' and 'Dimension Shift'. Gives all targets weak flight with no control.

Adding the draw-in effect (forgot the official name for the mechanic) would also be fitting.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, megaericzero said:

Adding the draw-in effect (forgot the official name for the mechanic) would also be fitting.

Good call! I'm not sure what the official term is, I think 'attract' or something? I'll make a slight edit nonetheless

There are 29 pages to go through, but I don't see this idea in the list, so I wanted to suggest a new Ancilliary for Brutes/Tankers and Scrappers/Stalkers:

Wilderness Mastery

Brute/Tanker

- Call Hawk

- Strangler

- Call Ravens

- Wild Growth

- Summon Wolf

Scrapper/Stalker

- Call Hawk

- Strangler

- Call Ravens

- Wild Bastion

- Summon Wolf

Notes:

- Call Hawk and Call Ravens(/Unkindness) are from Savage Assault and grant/consume/scale with Blood Frenzy, whether or not you're Savage Melee.

- Strangler from Plant Control, rebalanced to match other epic holds.

- Wild Growth & Wild Bastion rebalanced to 20s duration/90s cooldown (similar to Shadow Meld)

- Summon Wolf summons a equal level henchman (complete with full controls) with a 30ish second cooldown. Yes, it's meant to be weaker than comparable summons but perma.

- Summoned Wolf has Wild Charge (passive), Vicious Bite, Maiming Bite, Feral Charge, Lick Wounds (self-heal)

- Scrapper Wolf has Critical Hit

- Stalker Wolf has Shadow Wolf (passive - whenever master Hides, wolf gains a brief but very significant +def. If it doesn't attack for a few seconds, Hides and next attack will be a crit. Will not aggro onto anything if both it and master are hidden)
- Brute/Tanker Wolf has Pack Tactics (transfers all aggro onto master)

• Like 2

A set for a Dominator secondary, mainly based on the Beam Rifle set

Beam Assault

image.png.3fdefdc7bb7211b67117818d0c29b008.pngSingle Shot - Ranged, Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe Knockdown

image.png.35cc639be5ef93bac735fce66fd7d3cf.pngPummel - Melee, Minor DMG(Smash)

image.png.27c1949d03ade6a71a19bc8da97ebfa4.pngCutting Beam - Ranged (Cone), Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe -Def(All)

image.png.1278ac39b4cb72c3062882d3397bb6de.pngCharged Prod (Bayonet with Energy Damage) -

image.png.f68f3ab6eb8bc7416e934288f3798c75.pngPower Up - Self +Special, +Dmg(All)

image.png.66a9510dbd00e42f75f8c77284a11942.pngRefractor Beam - Chain, Moderate DMG(Energy)

image.png.90d34baccf5005d73dba05f69f1b2459.pngTargetting Drone - Toggle: Self +To-Hit, +Damage, +Perception, +Resistance(To-Hit Debuff)

image.png.f709e8e7193be54f2ddd44a47da7fa5c.pngPenetrating Ray - Sniper, Extreme Dmg(Energy), Foe Knockdown

image.png.444b7a0a3d7fdfa2f28ce81b84b7e996.pngLancer Shot - Superior DMG(Energy), Foe Stun

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Night said:

Beam Assault

image.png.3fdefdc7bb7211b67117818d0c29b008.pngSingle Shot - Ranged, Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe Knockdown

image.png.27c1949d03ade6a71a19bc8da97ebfa4.pngCutting Beam - Ranged (Cone), Moderate DMG(Energy), Foe -Def(All)

image.png.1278ac39b4cb72c3062882d3397bb6de.pngCharged Prod (Bayonet with Energy Damage) -

image.png.f68f3ab6eb8bc7416e934288f3798c75.pngPower Up - Self +Special, +Dmg(All)

image.png.66a9510dbd00e42f75f8c77284a11942.pngRefractor Beam - Chain, Moderate DMG(Energy)

image.png.90d34baccf5005d73dba05f69f1b2459.pngTargetting Drone - Toggle: Self +To-Hit, +Damage, +Perception, +Resistance(To-Hit Debuff)

image.png.f709e8e7193be54f2ddd44a47da7fa5c.pngPenetrating Ray - Sniper, Extreme Dmg(Energy), Foe Knockdown

image.png.444b7a0a3d7fdfa2f28ce81b84b7e996.pngLancer Shot - Superior DMG(Energy), Foe Stun

Even though it wouldn't be "recycling" I would probably change with Pummel with something similar to the bayonet.... like a battery discharge blunt strike!

Also... when is beam sets going to get "eye slot" animations!?

• Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 11:01 PM, Night said:
Spoiler

Beam Assault

Got me thinking what other weapon powersets might be possible, so while the creative juices are still flowing, think I'll try my hand at something;

Arrow Control

image.png.2575c0a0a6f0730ba2d95279b8ba8209.png - Electrified Net Arrow: Taken from Tactical Arrow, serves as a viable Immobilize power that unlike it's Trick Arrow variant deals Energy DoT.

image.png.32b7453082de2497af3f4c03f85c5d39.png - Poison Arrow: Uses Poison Gas Arrow's projectile and the 'Paralytic Poison' FX, Holds the target while doing Lethal damage and Toxic DoT.

image.png.eb3cceef6a2aabea1128bccc3e070301.png - Frost Arrow: Uses Ice Arrow's projectile. Immobilizes targets in an AoE using the 'Frostbite' and 'Ice Slick' FX, while also dealing Cold DoT.

image.png.7e0f3018f4817a235beb0ca9b2f061a7.png - Smoke Arrow: Uses Burning Arrow's projectile, creating an AoE field of low visibility with similar FX to Smoke Grenades.

image.png.120bf819a8597b59523f244301b9d12f.png - Slime Arrow: Uses Acid Arrow's projectile, Creating a field similar to 'Corrosive Vial' that slows enemies and deals Toxic DoT.

image.png.142cd671f69a3e8c9730850823454086.png - ESD Arrow: Another power from Tactical Arrow, functioning as an AoE Disorient that deals extra Energy damage to robots.

image.png.a68e43066943aa1e09684801817597e4.png - Cluster Arrow: Uses Explosive Arrow's projectile, knocking foes down in an AoE chain and deals light Fire/Smashing damage.

image.png.523c8cbfdc88718f0e37332c15d1a598.png - Foam Arrow: Uses Glue Arrow's projectile, Holding foes in an AoE with thick webbing similar to the Web Cocoon power, though with added liquid FX

image.png.c153e4f8ac36d1c9a5bb6dcfcb9bfa81.png - Homing Arrows: Fires three arrows to a location, which causes damage, becomming pets that continue to follow around teleport-attacking foes and dealing further damage.

Arsenal Support

image.png.326e6c9f4d986fc7c5cafd8e2efe16e1.png - Web Grenade: Taken from Devices/Traps, though fired from your rifle. Works as a viable Immobilize power as first pick.

image.png.52ae00804cb0b3bbd7c6d1ea9b28ce33.png - Water Cannon: New Knockback power that uses a larger 'Water Jet' FX, functioning similar to Gale.

image.png.04de044bf902adfeb4bb3da42a20c35f.png - Glue Grenade: Taken from PPD Swat. Functions similar to Glue Arrow, making a patch of sticky goo that slows down enemies.

image.png.ab16e6c99d417a64848c212815dbc8ef.png - Riot Foam: New single target Hold power that deals no damage. Similar FX to Web Cocoon with heavier liquid FX.

image.png.f8670b93cd925c47217e430a3cb8f20b.png - Coordinated Targeting: Taken from Mace Mastery, this Sentinel-unique power functions as as an AoE toggle that boosts Accuracy, Perception and ToHit.

image.png.4b19947c046aed728d5cfdee9c81b807.png - N2 Spray: Taken from Crey Scientists. A cone debuff that reduces speed and recharge, with a minor Cold DoT effect.

image.png.97c4f96ef47b498d919144a0e69545a5.png - Surveillance: Taken from Arsenal Mastery, works as a good single target debuff similar to Benumb or Heat Exhaustion.

image.png.b32fe2615ad2434c479ff42f0e52db18.png - Trip Mine: Taken from Devices/Traps, appears in Arsenal Assault so I figured it would work nice here too.

image.png.e6fdf9378d6641a32fcf4f95bdac4a75.png - LRM Rocket: Taken from Arsenal Mastery, filling a similar role to Time Bomb/Detonator, providing a high damaging long-windup attack.

Edited by Alchemystic
  • Like 4

On 11/28/2021 at 8:32 AM, Alchemystic said:

To celebrate the new Stone powers being added to the game I figured I'd do a pro gamer move... recycle my own Stone Blast powerset!

The development team did an amazing job of creating an incredible new powerset that surpassed all my expectations, and I really appreciate them putting the powerset that started this little project off into the game. Obviously the concept powerset here differs enough from the official version that we can still play around with the powers that didn't make it into Seismic Blast, so I've decided to reuse them and create a handful of new powersets based on the unused powers.

Molten Blast

FireBlast Flare.png - Molten Bolt: A new power that fires a smaller projectile than Lava Blast (see below), but has the same FX. Dealing moderate fire DoT

FireBlast FireBlast.png - Lava Blast: A power belonging to the Minions of Igneous, hurling lava that deals high fire DoT

FireBlast ArcOfFire.png - Lava Flow: A new cone power that uses similar FX to Plasma Spray (but orange and with lava FX layered over it). Deals moderate fire DoT in a cone

FireBlast Aim.png - Aim: Standard aim power, uses the 'Volcanic Aura' FX

FireBlast FireBall.png - Basalt Bomb: Another power belonging to the Minions of Igneous, hurling a ball of magma that explodes and deals high fire DoT

FireBlast Blaze.png - Magma Blast: A new power that works as a larger version of Lava Blast, but leaves the 'Melt Armor' FX on the target. Deals superior fire DoT

FireBlast RainOfFire.png - Pool of Lava: A new power that works as a ranged version of Mud Pots, creating a patch that deals fire DoT and slows foes much like Rain of Fire

FireTrap Soot.png - Ryolite: Another Minions of Igneous power, holds a foe and deals moderate fire DoT

FireBlast Inferno.png Eruption: A new power that creates a massive explosion that leaves a wide patch of lava, dealing very high fire/smashing damage and superior fire DoT. FX is a similar spout of liquid to Geyser (albeit bigger) spewing chunks of lava like other powers in this set. Targets have similar 'Melt Armor' FX as Magma Blast

Molten Melee

FieryFray TargetedLightMelee.png - Molten Strike: A new power that deals minor smashing damage and minor fire DoT, uses the standard Brawl animation and FX similar to Magma Smash (see below)

FieryFray Scorch.png - Magma Smash: A power belonging to Minions of Igneous, dealing moderate smashing damage and light fire DoT, uses the Boxing animation

FieryFray BreathingFire.png - Lava Burst: Similar power to Lava Flow (see above) but with reduced range.

FieryFray FollowUp.png - Build Up: Standard build up power, uses the 'Volcanic Aura' FX

FieryFray WillOWisp.png/FieryFray Placate.png - Taunt/Placate: Standard aggro management power

FieryFray Incinerate.png - Volcanic Blow: A heavier version of Magma Smash, which also leaves similar melting FX to Melt Armor. Deals high smashing damage and moderate fire DoT

FlamingShield FieryAura.png - Basalt Blast: A PBAoE version of Basalt Bomb, with similar damage values

FireBlast Blaze.png - Pyroclast: A close ranged attack that looks similar to Magma Blast (see above), but deals heavy smashing damage and moderate fire DoT

FireTrap Soot.png - Ryolite Grasp: A melee version of Ryolite, though deals superior fire DoT

Molten Assault

FireBlast Flare.png - Molten Bolt: A new power that fires a smaller projectile than Lava Blast (see below), but has the same FX. Dealing moderate fire DoT

FieryFray Scorch.png - Magma Smash: A power belonging to Minions of Igneous, dealing moderate smashing damage and light fire DoT, uses the Boxing animation

FireBlast ArcOfFire.png - Lava Flow: A new cone power that uses similar FX to Plamsa Spray (but orange and with lava FX layered over it). Deals moderate fire DoT in a cone

FireBlast FireBlast.png - Lava Blast: A power belonging to the Minions of Igneous, hurling lava that deals high fire DoT

FieryFray FollowUp.png - Build Up: Standard build up power, uses the 'Volcanic Aura' FX

FlamingShield FieryAura.png - Basalt Blast: A PBAoE version of Basalt Bomb, with similar damage values

FireBlast RainOfFire.png - Pool of Lava: A new power that works as a ranged version of Mud Pots, creating a patch that deals fire DoT and slows foes much like Rain of Fire

FireBlast Blaze.png - Magma Blast: A new power that works as a larger version of Lava Blast, but leaves the 'Melt Armor' FX on the target. Deals superior fire DoT

FireTrap Soot.png - Ryolite Grasp: A melee version of Ryolite, though deals superior fire DoT

Wouldn't this power have -def or res too?

• Thumbs Up 1

Staff Blast

An origin-neutral staff blasting set.  Your mastery of your staff enables you to steal some of your enemies’ life force to shield yourself from damage.  You might be a wizard, focusing your power through any old stick; you might not have any innate magical abilities but managed to pick up a magically-infused wand; or maybe you built yourself a powered staff in your laboratory.

AD_4nXcEY3s_ggajDq74xJuNopV0s1EAyMfiyWHgU7bKrW05spvdO4Asx2u1iEOg4VAcH7nnmXF6fkFENqrpDufgKnbMHm5fKpw2EkQ10gWr5HUmJc5P4TTin12QrC372i6NeSnKY6zEOaTIZADthw9HyOBChC7D?key=cJ7hlyIm3uApre4dvWgJ2Q Staff Bolt: Single target, minor energy damage, chance to absorb a portion of your enemy’s health in the form of a temporary absorption shield.  Blackwand's temporary power attack.

AD_4nXdmVvDl560ThJPXOu0cJgCVGIcVTUy289KNHmzODZw0xa8PtYZkviPrZXNhD80Qm_7a2l7I2MPdbga7_6cBtIcdfQI9Hn8ZGAhx5pmgFBt6A7xreALUA4NupV6XAntvkc0D2Cz25S3w1zcDmWPXwWb8ufLD?key=cJ7hlyIm3uApre4dvWgJ2Q Staff Catapult: Single target, moderate smashing damage, chance for knockback (mag 0.67).  You use the power of your staff to grab a heavy object and propel it at your enemy at high speed.  Gravity's Propel animation, but holding your staff.

AD_4nXcczUN0MVBuIIe3kwOwr2Sm0vAmd1jdGzV2cVjFUHxUC3sKjPlfTX6DpRdStv_G4IPzx303oiCr5uANBgHRVgwwcJB0nlH9QiRVolVv7onFQLd8RqTGmRuAfzq-wyH7EZORjvx1b8FlotQ5Eo6ms-3gw4Mo?key=cJ7hlyIm3uApre4dvWgJ2Q Staff Blast: 45° Cone, moderate energy damage, chance to absorb a portion of your enemy’s health in the form of a temporary absorption shield.  Demon Mastermind's Enchant Demon animation, holding a staff. 

AD_4nXcbcuuaJ5B-owrswLv03JYF5scA1HSvT2INn-25WTPQO3FSfyskicEuSHBuSJeKuimo4-TNIG5_Nc_y8uMe132i5CU4j-sj-IMhdyYH_zrmfokfs14OxhE17uQ-g0iEsMZCWalaRA3LrC1klDupxiRiPn1h?key=cJ7hlyIm3uApre4dvWgJ2Q Staff Barrage: 60° Cone, moderate energy damage, chance to absorb a portion of your enemies’ health in the form of a temporary absorption shield.  A Throw Caltrops animation, but holding a staff.

AD_4nXchqSuXDP4-Ec_hiSMO7KwgeyAVE58mvnDeQGfXMm_-tLU45IbZ_HFoe1li-Z8IXZfa_BnBsG6KqNymubpiohC7Bh5e-TgV4Txa3KfkGTd9-DM2oND-0lnTMfpT5994CwPm19uEgXF2i-G31zz0U1zLWpGR?key=cJ7hlyIm3uApre4dvWgJ2Q Staff Focus: Self +To-Hit, +DMG.  Standard build up animation but holding staff.

AD_4nXdcoxR7wWjxZFaIBegMLqadlizTlvSDpRaj7lvlMRfN7XcG07tMefd9p-Y0kAXgphtyOI5671XSDMPvDkqDxZCoQVbw-DdW0lpcveJKxYwYTTMcHl1SUekF0OA1GlsY3V-Ld-rS5sn11NUVHaE7U2tF1jh_?key=cJ7hlyIm3uApre4dvWgJ2Q Imprison:  Single target, moderate smashing damage, hold.  Cage your enemy in a force field you generate with your staff.  Demon Mastermind's Abyssal Empowerment animation, but holding staff.

AD_4nXeezv12b3VLuKiQ4QbYbFtfPwqhLRCg5laC90KMJzpTnzWRTTLujwXDcV5zYwGfuZv7Te5KwR0lFZYNI-MFz_mXFuctU5r9Zl3vGZz9ZeOZN9yQKzhUlA3gKzrZVhpGLwa9H4M8LXjv021VPT_mnR_u9V8T?key=cJ7hlyIm3uApre4dvWgJ2Q Acid Rain:  Location AOE, minor toxic damage over time.  Rain of Fire animation, but holding the staff in your hand.

AD_4nXct606ilbdW4o3ZOJCqRfEie0v122lBR6V0ah4JM_EifIoXKsNKV-GzS52loCdmSQi5FkNCAE0wgwHvy3pkkxGQIA_2uJZcFYuC6pvTeUf62io1TuCtawBbSHC4cTs_kUE-ZD-t9FR-7AFr19pABITBjKM0?key=cJ7hlyIm3uApre4dvWgJ2Q Transmogrify: Single target.  Sniper attack.  If enemy is not outright defeated, it is shapeshifted into a harmless dog or cat that cannot move, use abilities or take damage.  Summon Demonlings animation, but holding staff.

AD_4nXd4yrMGg7pp3RDFhOU5PN30NpY8zClvPB6aaUle4MbAIYLYR8RWtw6FUEdKEXMI29cNg71qkouzEq2oISm12j4ztJTlU2DYlRCWCtSKxhbKUvqFX1FvLBaP9PFh9XhJ3-aS_lRBXDEFBQB-GgRgCnX_nCc?key=cJ7hlyIm3uApre4dvWgJ2Q Staff Dominion: PBAoE, extreme energy damage, stun, chance to absorb a portion of your enemies’ health in the form of a temporary absorption shield.  Moment of Glory animation, but holding the staff in your hand.

Some weapon skin options:

Spoiler

Original_Blackwand.jpg Nemesis Staff Drawn.jpg MS_SpiritMaster.jpg File:Vanguard Sword Magician.png

File:Energy Mage.jpg File:Life Mage.jpg File:Force Mage.jpg

File:Shillelagh Final.jpg File:Bone.jpg

File:Mace Carnival Of Light.png File:Mace Carnival Of War.png File:Mace Carnival Of Vengeance.png File:Fantasy Mace Final.jpg

Edited by Jiro Ito
  • Like 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**