23 hours ago, KingCeddd03 said:

Will any of these powers being made into powersets?

Gears is very unlikely to ever see the light of day; those icons have been kicking around unused since before City of Villains launched.

Edited by Vanden

As mentioned in another thread a desire for a Bubble Armor set (like a force field shield).  The idea is to keep it simple and a lot like Shield at first, but then I thought, why not change it up ever so slightly!

Personal Armor: Toggle - Melee Defense (11.25%) / Smashing, Lethal and Energy Resist (11.25%) [Light body tight glow]

Curvature: Toggle - Ranged & AOE Defense (11.25%) [Force Field Bubble] / Def Debuff Resist

Innate Aura: Passive - Resist All (S/L/E = 11.25% - F/C/N/P/T =2.813%) / Def Debuff Resist / Status Resist (Knockdown - Repel)

Personal Dispersion Bubble: Toggle - Status Resists (Disorient - Hold - Immobilize - Confuse - Sleep) / Psi Resist (22.5%)

Energy Dispersion: Toggle - Minor Damage / Taunt / Rare Chance for Knockback

Increase Bubble: Passive - Defense All To Self and Nearby Teammates (2.25%) / Minor Disorient Resist to Self and Nearby Teammates / Minor Def Debuff Resist to Self and Nearby Teammates

Energy Reflection: Toggle - Stealth (2.25% Defense All)

Energy Distruption: Click PBAOE Attack (Energy & Smashing Damage) - 66.75 + 66.75 [Drawback: Loses All Defense for 3.168 seconds - Uses Nove Animation]

Reinforce Shield: Click (120 Duration - 420 Recharge - Recharge Unable to be enhanced -20 End at Crash) - Resist All (22.5%) / Defense All (11.25%) / +Heal / +HP

Notes: Taunt could be taken out.  Yes that's supposed to be knockback (but very rare chance).  Stalkers can replace Stealth with Hide.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't have a complete set put together, but I think it'd be cool to have a sort of "draining" blast set, which uses the various kinetics effects, where you extend your hand, then draw it back as the animation goes from the enemy to you.  Maybe have it deal cold & negative energy damage, with the special effect of the set being a -secondary effect debuff.  The aim power could cause the user to also gain a +secondary effect from the attacks, while the former is in effect.

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, biostem said:

I don't have a complete set put together, but I think it'd be cool to have a sort of "draining" blast set, which uses the various kinetics effects, where you extend your hand, then draw it back as the animation goes from the enemy to you.  Maybe have it deal cold & negative energy damage, with the special effect of the set being a -secondary effect debuff.  The aim power could cause the user to also gain a +secondary effect from the attacks, while the former is in effect.

While it would be hard to implement, I always wanted both offensive and defensive sets with that sort of "absorb" mechanic, like Rogue, Sebastian Shaw, etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/24/2021 at 7:25 AM, Tyrannical said:

We're really hurting on Support powersets in this thread, and that's mostly down to how hard it is to find suitable assets to make them. But, after playing around with concepts a little I may have figured out how to create a true 'Psionic' Support set; Telepathy.

For this, I borrowed what few 'Psionic' related buffs/debuffs there are, and also pinched a few powers from Empathy (If Cold Domination can take powers from Storm Summoning, then why not!) Then I simply took a few FX from other powers to fill in the gaps.

Telepathy

You are capable of creating a telepathic link with those around you. You can use this link to improve the mental functions of your allies, or to invade the minds of your foes.

SonicDebuff DebuffDamRes.png - Read Thoughts: A new power that reduces the ToHit and Defense of a single foe. Uses the 'Boggle' and 'Mind Probe' FX, but at greater range

PsionicMastery MindOverBody.png - Strengthen Will: An AoE ally buff, providing resistance to Smashing, Lethal and Psionic. Uses the same FX as 'Mind Over Body' (Ancillary version)

SonicDebuff ProtectElements.png - Bolster Resolve: Another AoE ally buff, providing resistance to Fire, Cold, Energy and Negative. Uses the same FX as 'Indomitable Will' (Ancillary version)

WidowTeamwork MentalTraining.png - Cognitive BoostA PBAoE buff that improves Recharge, Recovery and Accuracy (and matching debuff resistance). Uses similar FX to 'Concentration' (Psionic Melee)

PsionicMastery IndomitableWill.png - Clear Mind: Same power from Empathy, providing some mez protection

Awakened MetabolicSuperiority.png - Fortitude: Same power from Empathy, providing a powerful ally buff.

PsionicMastery LinkMinds.png - Mind Link: Same power from Ancillaries/Widows, providing a boost to resistance, defense and ToHit

PsionicAssault PsychicSiphon.png - Drain Psyche: Same power from Mental Manipulation/Psionic Assault, draining enemy regeneration and recovery to boost your own

SonicDebuff TeamDebuffDamRes.png - Sensory Overload: A new AoE debuff that reduces ToHit, Perception and Defense, and has a chance to Stun. Uses the same FX as 'Psychic Shockwave' on target

This power would def be a great addition 

Insect Control for controllers and dominators.

Character animations could draw on any number of existing powers, maybe even directly from the control powersets for the sake of having correction animation times... but instead of using the fire or ice or whatever other power effects on the target, have bugs swarm on and/or around them.  We have at least 5 different bug-themed effects with the Devouring Earth underling Swarm critters, Call Swarm power, the Flies aura, the Fleas aura, and Roaches path aura.

I'd use the roaches for the immobilize and AOE immobilize powers, Call Swarm for the hold and AOE hold powers, and flies for disorient or confuse effects.  I'm not sure about the fleas because it's such a minimal effect that it might go unnoticed.  That's like 5 or 6 powers covered with bug effects... summon pet could be 3 swarms like the DE underlings (scaled in power for the player's level, of course), so that puts us up to 7.  I'm sure we could figure out two more powers to go with these.

As for damage, I'd say go with a base of lethal with a minor toxic DOT on some and a To Hit debuff on others (because affected targets are distracted by the stinging, swarming bugs that it throws off their aim).

• Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

@Player2 I gotchu fam.

Similar, but that's a whole lot less insect control and a lot more "I'm an insect too" with its bug-themed powers.

I forgot about the spiderlings when I was thinking about buggy resources, but technically they're not insects anyhow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Arcane Blast

image.png.e42bf7c2e76b3180bd85f105f786c95e.png - Mystic Bolt: A light damage/quick recharge blast power that deals energy damage. Uses the 'Translocation' animation with the 'Corruption' projectile FX.

image.png.8c2e358f50a5bbdd594a72f842240d7b.png - Arcane Lighting: A moderate damage blast power that deals energy damage. Uses the lightning bolt FX & 'Arcane Bolt' animation and FX.

image.png.acd32f576bf0fdcd0339f87f708d2e07.png - Mystic Force: A simple Cone Energy High Damage blast. Uses the Telekinetic Blast animation, with the FX and added FX effect. 

image.png.771031f674e8607482e8966d92cf142b.png - Enchant: A power much like 'Ammo Swap', giving the 'Spirit Enchantment' (Dark), 'Demonic Enchantment' (Fire) and 'Eldritch Enchantment' (Psionic) powers. Like ammo swap, these powers add a secondary damage effect. Uses the 'Translocation' animation again with a hand rune FX like the costume aura.

image.png.f94e4090850492eb1bdc043f66a5609b.png - Arcane Font: A Target AoE power that deals energy DoT. Uses a sped-up version of the 'Summon Demon' animation but without (without the lava/stone) FX . when placed it will use the deadly apocalypse spell circle just slightly smaller

image.png.877106f3c77ee036a55d92d2866835a8.png - Mystic Seal: A ranged DoT hold power with moderate energy damage. Uses the 'Enflame' animation, but traps them with the 'Translocate' FX.

image.png.e142fe25755eeb9b0bc4c1ee1e4ba657.png - Reality Distortion: A short range PBAoE blast that does High damage. Uses the 'Irradiate’ animation and FX.

image.png.ebefc59f5d3eeb961e4f20fe72baa301.png - Arcane Lancent: A blast with the Thunderous Blast fx with the overcharge blast fx superior AoE energy damage.

image.png.e01426dd65eefd2e363c1b8390e9de93.png - Mystic Maelstorm: A PBAoE power with deals extreme energy. Uses the 'Gale animation and FX, but with the nova' FX as the explosion.

Edited by KingCeddd03
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/1/2022 at 8:25 AM, Player2 said:

Insect Control for controllers and dominators.

Character animations could draw on any number of existing powers, maybe even directly from the control powersets for the sake of having correction animation times... but instead of using the fire or ice or whatever other power effects on the target, have bugs swarm on and/or around them.  We have at least 5 different bug-themed effects with the Devouring Earth underling Swarm critters, Call Swarm power, the Flies aura, the Fleas aura, and Roaches path aura.

I'd use the roaches for the immobilize and AOE immobilize powers, Call Swarm for the hold and AOE hold powers, and flies for disorient or confuse effects.  I'm not sure about the fleas because it's such a minimal effect that it might go unnoticed.  That's like 5 or 6 powers covered with bug effects... summon pet could be 3 swarms like the DE underlings (scaled in power for the player's level, of course), so that puts us up to 7.  I'm sure we could figure out two more powers to go with these.

As for damage, I'd say go with a base of lethal with a minor toxic DOT on some and a To Hit debuff on others (because affected targets are distracted by the stinging, swarming bugs that it throws off their aim).

I know they're not technically "insects", but you could use the "spider descending" animation for the spiderlings, only have them descend onto a target, then have the target encased in the FX from web cocoon.  You could then have the target suffer toxic DoT, and perhaps add another power where, if the enemy is defeated with this type of power, they burst into a bunch of much smaller spiders, that attack nearby enemies.

You could also have a power temporary cause arachnoid-like limbs to grow out of your back, then use some of the crab spider attacks, (only dealing toxic damage or such).

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:47 AM, KingCeddd03 said:

Disease Manipulation would be a good power to add would not know how it could work.

What would be interesting is if there were a series of "disease auras", which were mutually exclusive from one-another, and based upon which was active, you could have various effects - like one could cause disorientation or vertigo, another caused madness, another caused weakness or paralysis, etc...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

On 10/1/2022 at 5:47 AM, KingCeddd03 said:

Disease Manipulation would be a good power to add would not know how it could work.

All attacks will have toxic damage 

1. Infection: Range-Minor Dot

2. Disease Spread: Cone - Moderate DoT

3. Outbrake: PBAoE -Minor DoT

4. Infectious Wave: Cone - Minor DoT

5. Mutation Added effect Aim/ Build up

6. Lingering Sickness: Trip mine like power Minor DoT

7. Bio Hazed: PBAoE Toggle Moderate DoT

8. Plague: AoE High DoT

9. Pandemic Extinction: PBAoE -Extreme DoT

Edited by KingCeddd03
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 1:35 PM, TheMultiVitamin said:

Archetypes

Transformer: Assault or Melee Primaries, Armor secondaries. What makes them Unique is that the Archetype power is called "Rage" (name pending). As Rage builds up the Players Damage is slowly increased but Defense is decreased, up to a maximum of 100. Once 100 Rage is reached, a new power becomes available called "Transform" which would cause the player to transform into a very large, raging monster, with heightened Damage and Defense, and 4 abilities. Smash (single target low damage), Clap (mid damage Cone), Stomp (AOE mid damage) and Destroy (single target high damage).

Shapeshifter:

Powersets and Pools

Hacking Power Pool:

Mastermind - Digital Summons Power Set: This power set features, like all other MM primaries, 3 different summoning powers, each summoning a different digital monster (ala the Binary aura). T1's would be small, digital Gremlins, T2's would be larger and stronger digital gremlins, and the T3 would be a creature similar to Illusion Controls Phantasm, but with a binary aura and possibly digital wings. Alongside the 2 Upgrade powers for these summons (named "Update Software" and "Update Hardware"), it would also feature 3 "Hack" crowd controls a single target Stun/Immobilize, an AOE Stun/Immobilize and a single target Mind Control type power that causes the target to fight for the player for a short while. The last ability would be an "Antivirus" ability that would be a small AOE heal or resistance buff.

Mastermind - Rikti Summons Power Set: This power set would feature 3 different summoning powers, and each would summon different Rikti monsters, the T1 could be Rikti Drones, Rikti Monkeys or maybe Rikti Conscripts/Infantry, the T2 could be Headsman, and the T3 could be a Chief Mentalist or Chief Soldier. That is, it would use these assets. Then the 2 Upgrade powers could be named "Connection" and "Mind Link" in theme with the Rikti's psychic capabilities. Finally the last 4 powers for this Power Set could be Mental Blast, Mesmerize, Rikti Rifle and Rikti Sword to keep following the Rikti theme.

Mastermind - Super Summons Power Set: This power set would be about summoning minor Superheroes/Villains to do your bidding. The T1's would be low level minions, one with Super Strength, one with Fire Blast, and one with Ice Control. The T2's would be a pair of minor Superheroes/Villains, one with Mind Control and one with Nature Affinity. The T3 would be a single decent Superhero/Villain with either Titan Weapon or Storm Summoning. The upgrades would be called "Progress" and "Growth", and would just unlock further stronger powers they could use alongside their normal powers. Finally the last 4 abilities would be Buffs, the first would be a minor AOE buff to Damage, the second would be a single target medium buff to Defense and would heal, the 3rd would be a medium AOE buff to Endurance Regen, and the last would be a medium AOE buff to resistances.

Mastermind - Mutant Summons Power Set:

Mastermind - Insect/Arachnid Summons Power Set:

Mastermind - Eldritch Summons Power Set:

Cosmic Blast, Assault, Melee and Armor Power Set:

Digital Blast and Digital Melee Power Set:

Super Speed Melee Power Set:

Antimatter Blast, Melee and Armor Power Set:

Wind Control, Blast, Melee and Armor Power Set:

Lava Blast, Melee, Control and Armor Power Set:

Water Melee Power Set:

Sniper Rifle Power Set:

Explosives Power Set:

Single Fist Melee Power Set:

Parkour Movement Power: 

Fear/Nightmare Control/Assault: The powerset itself would focus on fear and sleep effects. With it's T9 ability being similar to the Phantom Army from Illusion control. But instead of illusions, it'd summon Aspects of Fear/Nightmares that would be similar to the Gremlin models but black with dark aura's, or even just an invisible base model with a black smoke/ink Aura. The first 2 abilities would be something like "Induce Fear/Nightmare" and "Widespread Fear/Nightmare" a single target and an AOE respectively. Afterwards would be a cone that would reduce Defense and cause Sleep and/or Fear as a minor effect. Then there could be an "Awaken" ability that, when cast, increase resistance to Fear/Sleep effects and does a minor heal in an AOE. I can't think of much for the last few powers, but you could use assets from Necromancy, Dark Miasma and Dark Blast as well.

Patrons

We have 4 Arch Villain Patrons, so why not 4 Hero Patrons?

Spirit of Statesman:

Ms. Liberty: 

Foreshadow:

Faultline:

Origins

Gift: With this Origin it means the character got their powers via a Gift from some being that decided they were worthy of the power. It could give a whole new flavor for characters RP wise and, since HC are making power pools for each Origin, would give an additional power pool that could be based on healing and buffing allies by bestowing "Gifts" upon them similar to how the character got their own powers, just to a far lesser extent in the form of heals and temporary buffs.

Just my opinion i think the Hero patrons should be

Back Alley Brawler

Ms. Liberty Getting trained by statesman is asking for alot let the man rest

Forshadow

Lady Grey

One major hero from the groups available  

Sorry but Faultline is still a low rank hero

Arcane Control

image.png.7632664934813cf4a275d4495f089fbc.png - Mystic Sigils: A Moderate damage/quick recharge power that deals energy damage.

image.png.964fcd1e1e461c715dc88e75e92b7a43.png - Sorcery Spear: A High damage Hold power that deals energy damage. Creates an energy circle around the foe

image.png.24cde8529538458dc77e8394a6481d8e.png - Mystic Threads: A AoE Moderate Energy Damage. and immobilizes all foes.

image.png.36f9f6e85e09a413781d5f4e0c4f5e7c.png - Rune Of Possession: Ranged, Target Confuse

image.png.c09a79962469709859c5e6df6c1ea3bb.png - Hexing Flash: A Target PBAoE disorient power and lowers accuracy and defense

image.png.4aa5408ad04b203cfc0c032b1edb53c0.png - Ritual Circle: A  AoE DoT hold power with moderate energy damage and holds all foes.

image.png.9747b68f553a47d12ed8a82829986e83.png - Arcane Pillar: A Aoe Attack does high damage to all foes and reduces resistance

image.png.93cfd2efaca2a259a30707c0f7e4a56d.png - Enchanting Way:  unleashes a cone of energy causing confusion upon your enemies, wish will make them attack each other

image.png.c26e7eae9e15e53d8c11704a78f94791.png - Ritual Familiar: A pet summoned to help you in combat as well as boost your defenses and resistance

• Like 1

@KingCeddd03 I appreciate the ideas but its not quite what we're aiming for in this thread.

The approach we're looking for is taking assets that already exist in game and reusing them to help build new powersets moving forward. A guideline on how to design your own powersets this way can be found in the first post of this thread 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

@KingCeddd03 I appreciate the ideas but its not quite what we're aiming for in this thread.

The approach we're looking for is taking assets that already exist in game and reusing them to help build new powersets moving forward. A guideline on how to design your own powersets this way can be found in the first post of this thread 🙂

you can do this with the powersets already available even in the game the npc use powersets that we can pull to use. all that is needed are visuals 

1 hour ago, KingCeddd03 said:

you can do this with the powersets already available even in the game the npc use powersets that we can pull to use. all that is needed are visuals 

Yes, which is referred to in the guideline 🙂

If you have an idea of what visuals would be used in your powersets then it'd be very welcome, the more detail the better!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Super Strength Blast (Strength Blast? Muscle Blast? Hurling? Think Super Strength as a ranged attack set)

Temp Melee Moderate.png Tier 1 Rock - You hurl a small rock at your target, dealing smashing/disorient

GravityControl Propel.png Tier 2 Trash Toss - You hurl small objects at your target, dealing smashing/knockdown (uses propel's object pool, maybe removing some of the biggest objects like the forklifts)

Ninjitsu BlindingPowder.png Tier 3 Pocket Sand - You throw a handful of sand with great force, dealing minor smashing damage in a cone and temporarily blinding your opponents (-ToHit, -Perception)

FireBlast FireBall.png Tier 4 Explosive Barrel - You hurl an exploding barrel at your target, dealing damage in a targeted AoE (smashing/fire + fire dot)

SuperStrength Rage.png Tier 5 Adrenaline Overload - You boost your ToHit significantly and your damage minimally for an extended period, but when the power wears off you are momentarily exhausted and do reduced damage

SuperStrength HandClap.png Tier 6 Deafening Clap - You clap your hands with incredible force, dealing moderate smashing damage with a chance to disorient weaker foes

SeismicBlast Snipe.png Tier 7 Bigger Rock - You pick up a big chunk of concrete to throw at your target, dealing smashing and knockdown (Sniper Attack, should be able to do the job by changing the wind-up time for hurl's animation; lengthening it for the sniper while shortening it for the quick form)

SuperStrength FootStomp.png Tier 8 Tantrum - You stomp the ground at your feet, knocking down and disorienting nearby enemies (PBAOE Knockdown + Disorient)

SeismicBlast Meteor.png Tier 9 Biggest Rock - Like meteor, except you throw the rock yourself

Muscle Manipulation
Combo
 Combo increases damage slightly (5% per level?) while built up, or can be expended to boost the damage of a finisher

Brawling InitialStrike.png Tier 1  First Strike - Light smashing damage, Foe disorient, combo builder

Brawling HeavyBlow.png Tier 2 Heavy Blow - Moderate smashing damage, foe knockback, combo builder

Brawling CombatReadiness.png Tier 3 Combat Readiness - Increase ToHit and damage, sets combo level to 3

MentalControl MindControl.png Tier 4 Powerflex - Single target confuse, light psionic damage

Brawling ThroatStrike.png Tier 5 Rib Cracker - Heavy smashing, foe -Resist, -Dmg, combo builder

MartialManipulation ReactionTime.png Tier 6 Adrenaline Rush - PBAOE +Recovery, +Dmg, nearby ally +recovery (or nearby enemy -Dmg?)

EarthManip Tremor.png Tier 7 Ground Pound - PBAOE moderate smashing damage and knockdown, (finisher?)

Regeneration DullPain.png Tier 8 Dull Pain - Dull Pain

Brawling CrushingUppercut.png Tier 9 Crushing Uppercut - Smashing damage, foe knockup, finisher

Strength Blast is pretty much an excuse for a throwing set, but not a "small/sharp objects" throwing set so I don't think it deserves the "Throwing" name. I wanted to see if I could come up with a reasonable concept for super strength as a blast set, and the idea of someone just chucking a meteor at a spawn makes me grin. I don't think this steps too heavily on Seismic Blast since this is more about making rocks fly than making rocks that -fly

I wanted a matching physical strength-based manipulation set, and Street Justice seemed an obvious choice since Blasters can already get Knock Out Blow via their APPs. Powerflex is hilarious, and Dull Pain got a spot because I think this is a manipulation set that really wants to be in melee. It's sort-of like the opposite of Trick Arrow in that regard.

Edit: A strong argument could be made for swapping Dull Pain and Combat Readiness, since Muscle Manip doesn't get any finishers until later but probably wouldn't mind the extra survivability early.

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I also realized it would be trivially easy to turn those into a Dominator set too.

Physical Assault

GravityControl Propel.png Tier 1 Trash Toss - You hurl small objects at your target, dealing smashing/knockdown (uses propel's object pool, maybe removing some of the biggest objects like the forklifts)

Brawling HeavyBlow.png Tier 2 Heavy Blow - Moderate smashing damage, foe knockback

Ninjitsu BlindingPowder.png Tier 3 Pocket Sand - You throw a handful of sand with great force, dealing minor smashing damage in a cone and temporarily blinding your opponents (-ToHit, -Perception)

Brawling ThroatStrike.png Tier 4 Rib Cracker - Heavy smashing, foe -Resist, -Dmg

SuperStrength Rage.png Tier 5 Rage - Yup, it's Rage

FireBlast FireBall.png Tier 6 Explosive Barrel - You hurl an exploding barrel at your target, dealing damage in a targeted AoE (smashing/fire + fire dot)

Regeneration InstantHealing.png Tier 7 Gunshow (Psych-Up?) - You flex your muscles to psych yourself up, healing yourself and boosting your recovery rate for a short time

File:SeismicBlast Entomb.png Tier 8 Rock Smash - You pick up a big chunk of concrete to throw at your target, dealing smashing and knockdown. (It's basically a non-snipe version of Bigger Rock)

SuperStrength FootStomp.png Tier 9 Footstomp - You stomp the ground at your feet, knocking down and disorienting nearby enemies (PBAOE smashing damage with knockdown)

This trades the combo building of Muscle Manipulation for Rage, which is a pretty fair trade.

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Like 2