Exemping With Purples And You - Er, I Mean Me!

Clave Dark 5

I know I've seen this covered here before, but I can't find it: if I slot out a couple of powers with purples and then exemp down to say to run some weekly TF, what happens?  I believe I still get the set bonuses, but any of the enhancement values is otherwise lost below 47th level, right?  Anything else I need to know about the topic?

Thanks!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• Lead Game Master

As the Paragon Wiki states:

The Set Bonuses of Purple (Very Rare) Sets and PvP Sets are immune to the effects of exemplaring. However, the aspects of the power that they buff (e.g., Accuracy or Damage) are affected by exemplaring just like any other enhancement.

So your powers are still enhanced, just scaled down accordingly to the level that you're at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

It is okay with one or two sets of purples or if you only 4 or 5 slot them. But if you have five or more full sets of purples your characters head explodes.  

I have 6 full purple sets on my current project.

I guess its a good thing I wear a full mask to hide the head explody thing

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

I have 6 full purple sets on my current project.

I guess its a good thing I wear a full mask to hide the head explody thing

Yeah. Clean that out after every exemp.  But seriously. I know some of the ourple sets have different set bonuses but dont all of them share the accuracy and rech?  That gets nerfed after 5.  I may be wrong because i am going by memory

Just now, Snarky said:

Yeah. Clean that out after every exemp.  But seriously. I know some of the ourple sets have different set bonuses but dont all of them share the accuracy and rech?  That gets nerfed after 5.  I may be wrong because i am going by memory

Never looked was more interested in the bonuses further into the set.

For those it diverges some.  I only have 4x +10% recharge for example.

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

If he's got the Pet Purple set in there that is one of the few which doesn't give the +recharge bonus...I think there's one other one as well which doesn't have the 'standard' purple set boosts of +10% Recharge and +15% Accuracy. Which is nice because a lot of superior ATO set bonuses also give a +10% recharge boost.

Admittedly that just means you slot Winter IOs in those spaces since you no longer need that huge recharge boost.

Edited by DR_Mechano

4 hours ago, HelenCarnate said:

It should also be noted that if you boost those, you still get the boost while you are lower level. Granted the effect is lessened as you go lower in level, but your stats will still be a little higher.

Can boost the purples?   Didn't know that.  Nice.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 11:18 PM, GM Korvin said:

As the Paragon Wiki states:

So your powers are still enhanced, just scaled down accordingly to the level that you're at.

So I think that page was written before ATOs and WinterOs, which would seem to be similar to the initial Purple very rare IOs.

Does the same rule apply to ATO and WinterO's?

Thanks, Screwloose.

"I am not young enough to know everything."

• Lead Game Master

To my knowledge, all ATO and Winter set IOs are attuned enhancements. As such, they'll work as detailed here:

When exemplaring, the effective aspect enhancement is figured as if it were the current natural level of the character, or, the maximum level of the range of enhancement if the character has outleveled it. Then the normal Exemplar Effects on Enhancements apply.

Interested in supporting Homecoming? Consider applying to become a Game Master!

8 hours ago, GM Korvin said:

To my knowledge, all ATO and Winter set IOs are attuned enhancements. As such, they'll work as detailed here:

Thanks for this info @GM Korvin. This actually corrected a big misunderstanding I had with IOs. I thought set bonuses worked no matter where you're exemplared while the enhancement effects stop working when exemplared less than 3 levels below the IO level.

It turns out, I had it completely backwards. Set bonuses stop working less than 3 levels below the IO level and enhancement effects dont lose effect, but may be scaled if exemplared to a level lower than 32.

• Like 3

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

14 hours ago, Bopper said:

It turns out, I had it completely backwards.

I did too.   :P

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I did too.   😛

I'm glad I'm not alone haha

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn