Game Profile Incomplete

I logged into the forums at home this evening, and at the top it's telling me that my game profile is 0% complete and that I need to create a game account.  I clicked "Next", and it took me to a screen to agree to a bunch of different things like a user agreement, privacy policy agreement, yadda yadda yadda.

Erm... what's going on?

Edited by Apparition

Fair enough. 

@Cipher Could you sticky a "New Player Guides" section in there as well?

Something like:

1. Review the User Agreement
  2. Review the Privacy Policy
  3. Review the Code of Conduct
  4. Read the FAQ
  5. Visit the Game Account page to set up your game account if you haven't already done so
  6. Check out the New Player Guides for tips and tricks if you're in to that sort of thing. 
  7. Click 'Next' below to permanently dismiss this message

or into the FAQ.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• City Council
15 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Where's my "Ok Boomer" button to be grandfathered past it?  😓

When it came up for me, I was just able to click next and it went away - does that not work for the rest of you?

• Like 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

@Jimmy Could you sticky a "New Player Guides" section in there as well? (see note to Cipher above) 😃

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• City Council
1 hour ago, Bionic_Flea said:

But Jimmy, why do you these things to us?  Don't you love us anymore?

No.

44 minutes ago, Troo said:

@Jimmy Could you sticky a "New Player Guides" section in there as well? (see note to Cipher above) 😃

At some point perhaps - we'd need something to put there (unless you had something in mind already?).

• Like 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

17 hours ago, GM Widower said:

When it came up for me, I was just able to click next and it went away - does that not work for the rest of you?

The world we live in has instilled in me a tremendous fear of clicking links that appear with no explanation.  I know a GM has said it's ok, but I'm still not clicking it.  Nope.  No way.  You can't make me do it.  I just know it's going to take me to a never ending "news" story about a waitress that left shocking note on a the receipt that left the wife speechless.  

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

• City Council
2 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

An Angel is love. Jimmy doesn’t love you.

🤣

I think we should be very clear on this point. Jimmy never loved you in the first place. He's a robot, he doesn't experience love.

46 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

The world we live in has instilled in me a tremendous fear of clicking links that appear with no explanation.  I know a GM has said it's ok, but I'm still not clicking it.  Nope.  No way.  You can't make me do it.  I just know it's going to take me to a never ending "news" story about a waitress that left shocking note on a the receipt that left the wife speechless.  

Well, hopefully this is satire, but I can confirm that the link never takes you off our site...

• Haha 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

This actually came back a second time for me, but I can't be sure I managed all the clicking it wanted the first time as it felt too quick for what it was presenting.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)