Teleport?

Darkneblade

Self-teleport should increase movement speeds greatly while making it not clickie just self buff that last between 1-3 seconds while teleporting or should i say phasing? you are invisible to allies and foes alike. Enemies cannot target you like 0.75 seconds. Overall teleport should feel powerful, except for tsoo sorcerer guys i hate them. As for costs increased endurance usage and recharge ? Maybe they can't change pool powers but maybe they can add new power pool as alternate teleport? Thoughts?

Edited by Darkneblade

So it'd be a toggle that automatically turns off after a few seconds, but gives super ultra speed + phase shift + invisibility? That seems like it'd destroy the flavor of the current Teleport, and change it from a travel power to a combat-centric power?

IMO, the least pleasing part about Teleport is the length of the animation. 2 seconds is long enough to feel slow, but not slow enough that it's easy to do something else instead

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Good as is.

The animation could do with being cut down. I think it'd be an improvement in feel even if it came with a corresponding slashing of distance (keeping distance/second and end/second constant).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sif said:

The animation could do with being cut down. I think it'd be an improvement in feel even if it came with a corresponding slashing of distance (keeping distance/second and end/second constant).

I wonder if the animation time has to do with game mechanics? Super speed is limited to 92mph, max movement speed the game can see, essentially. I wonder if there's a required time for the server to "redraw" you at another location?

If not, yeah it's a bit long. 1.7seconds seems better. Maybe 1.6.

3 minutes ago, Sif said:

The animation could do with being cut down.

Agreed. I'd love to use it more but it is awkward.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I use teleport not just as a "get across the zone" travel power, but positioning in missions. I can target something on another level and appear right next to them from right below them, for instance, not giving them a whole heck of a lot of time to react. Working as a click power is what lets me do this. It sounds like what you're suggesting would not allow this.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I use teleport not just as a "get across the zone" travel power, but positioning in missions. I can target something on another level and appear right next to them from right below them, for instance, not giving them a whole heck of a lot of time to react. Working as a click power is what lets me do this. It sounds like what you're suggesting would not allow this.

Yeah thats why i proposed combat teleport as new pool power basicaly  super speed but with flight instead of getting grounded.

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

That's pretty much what you have to do with Stone Armor's Rooted and/or Granite active.  You're just too dang slow, otherwise.

A combat Teleport would be interesting.  A faster process time combined with a much shorter range would be useful.  Just put in a smidge of a recharge time so that using it wouldn't move you faster across a zone than regular teleport, and I think we have something.

Now to have options to customize it so my not-Protoss-Dark Templar Stalker could make it look like one is shifting from shadow to shadow...

• Like 1

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

54 minutes ago, Charistoph said:

A combat Teleport would be interesting.

What about something that leverages the same tech as the snipes?

Out of combat, it behaves currently. In combat, it's "suppressed", with a much shorter range, but a much faster activation time (just pulling numbers out of the air, but 60-80ft with 0.75 second activation). Something so you can nimbly move around a battlefield, giving it more general use (rather than an opener / for Stone Armor).

I'm fine with a new power being created.  

I don't want my existing teleport changing out from under me. 

Bamphing away from a 17 piles of caltrops on a Knives of Artemis map, or straight up and away from a mass of melee mobs, or around the inside of a warehouse in combat has saved me several times.  I suspect I would be far better able to "nimbly move around a battlefield" with the existing power than what is being proposed here.

Honestly if teleport was going to get any change to help it out, because we know it's the least taken travel power and completely outclassed by sorcery's mystic flight/translocation....

Reduce the endurance cost significantly, extend the range some, reduce the animation time, and extend the float time a bit.

Change Team Teleport into a short recharging ATT, maybe 2 min cd, people might actually use it.

Change Long Range Teleport, to a short recharging Mission Teleport, maybe 10 min cd.

Change TP Foe, to work on +4 bosses, also make it so slotting teleport enhancements buffs it's magnitude to make it useful in PvP against people who slot 1-2 anti TP enhancements.

Recall is just fine, but the four other powers could use some love.

Edited by SeraphimKensai
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Menelruin said:

Is it just me, or is the Translocation animation noticeably faster than Teleport's?

They behave exactly same with some differences. Mainly Teleport has 1.00 magnitude fly for 4.00s on self  -100.00%% fly speed for 4.00s on self. While translocation doesn't have that so it looks faster.

IMO we could also do with some sort of teleport-attack, similar to Air Superiority and Spring Attack....and maybe some better slotting options.  Or else give it a nice buff/toggle.  Maybe some sort of short-term, long-cooldown defense buff, as you TP at the last moment to dodge attacks?  The other travel pools have more variety, and thus, more slotting options.

Also, with the prevalence of base codes, Ouro, etc, long range teleport is a contender for least useful power in the game right now. 

For a well-thought-out and collaborative post on a TP Power Pool rework, the thread overall is pretty good, but that one post basically sums up the best ideas from thread...

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation