Vengeance macro help please.

cairourchin

Hi ive been trying to figure out the macro command for using Vengeance on a fallen teammate...ive tried

/macro "name" "target_custom_next teammate defeated$$powexec_vengeance"   and

/macro "name" "target_custom_next teammate defeated$$powexec_location target vengeance" niehter worked( i was on a league)

what am i doing wrong...is it friend or leaguemate that i should be using instead of teammate?

any help would be appretiated.

thx 

been trying to figure the same thing. thought i had it but it only worked for a team of 2. i think the problem is that the next teammate argument overrides the defeated argument rather than combining. I've tried it in both orders and with _ and with "" and nope. presumably you'd want to use friend notmypet for leaguemate but since defeated isn't combining with those arguments it's immaterial. would love if someone figured it out as noticing a death, clicking in team window then hitting venge before the person uses prestige rez is nigh impossible.

Does this work? 

/macro_image Leadership_vengence Veng "target_custom_next teammate defeated$$powexec_name Vengeance"

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

1 hour ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

only on a team of 2. that's what i was testing and thought i had it initially. and of course didn't realize until after i'd posted in the macro thread that teammate overrides defeated.

What happens if you flip the commands? If "teammate defeated" doesn't work, try "defeated teammate". 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

ok finally figured it out with a huge hand from Bopper in PMs. The problem wasn't with the macro per se but with the dead person being in your view. so it'll work on either a dead teammate or a dead leaguemate but only if they're visible on your screen. ymmv as to whether it's faster to get a corpse in view or to click them in team/league window and whether either can be done before they hosp/wakie/rez but barring HC devs recoding it to auto-target i guess that's the best we can do. If the corpse isn't on your screen it'll just target whatever teammate/leaguemate/passerby is handy.

/macroimage FortunataTeamwork_TacticalTrainingVengeance venge "powexec_name vengeance$$targetcustomnext defeated friend notmypet"

you'll want to keep vengeance somewhere visible to monitor its recharge and you have to hit the macro button twice to activate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

The problem wasn't with the macro per se but with the dead person being in your view. so it'll work on either a dead teammate or a dead leaguemate but only if they're visible on your screen.

There's a reason for that.

As with other targeting commands, the entities that will be cycled through must be in your perception radius, as well as visible to the camera (not the player).

A refinement that you could do to this would be so either add a + modifier to both commands inside the macro, causing them to continue to activate while the macro is engaged ... or to add a ++ command to both of them causing the macro to automatically go into a continuous cycling until countermanded by clicking the macro again.  The difference between these two modifiers is that the + condition only holds while the macro is clicked and held (kind of like movement keys), while the ++ condition is more like a toggle akin to autorun.  The idea being that by adding a + to each action in the macro you can click and camera search while holding down the click on the macro and if a defeated friend is found then Vengeance gets cast on them.  Using a ++ to each action in the macro would allow you to click, release and be in "scan mode" for any defeated friend and if found cast Vengeance upon them so you can look around with your camera until finding the defeated teammate (just remember to click again afterwards to disengage the ++ control for continued scanning.

Alternatively, you could create a ... cascade ... of macros/binds/files that would basically cycle through your teammates "the hard way" and try to cast Vengeance on them each in turn.  You'd basically be doing this:

"teamselect 1$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 2$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 3$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 4$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 5$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 6$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 7$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 8$$powexecname Vengeance"

What that does is select each teammate in turn and tries to cast Vengeance on them after selecting them.  It will basically "fall through" each selection, attempting to cast Vengeance until getting to a teammate that Vengeance works on ... or you'll be left with the last teammate selected at the end of it.  This formulation would not spin your PC to face the downed teammate unless you were casting Vengeance upon them.  Only problem with this is the character limit for macros/keybinds (the above is 296 characters with "" added around it) which will probably exceed the length of a macro or keybind that you can do.

So the answer to that problem is to just simply make 2 binds/macros and have one function call the other at the end (or have both of them function call each other so as to loop until you issue a different command to do something else).

"teamselect 1$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 2$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 3$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 4$$powexecname Vengeance"

"teamselect 5$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 6$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 7$$powexecname Vengeance$$teamselect 8$$powexecname Vengeance"

You then just need to add the "wrap to next macro" function call at the end of the line inside the " at the end and you can click once to initiate both macros.  Once Vengeance is cast, the cascade stops and the macro terminates.

Note that you could even go so far as to create a cascade of THREE macros that would run through your teammates first before dropping down into the defeated friend notmypet as an ultimate fallback catchall option when playing on leagues so as to not be limited to only your team for use of Vengeance.

The advantage of using teamselect in this context is that it doesn't require your teammate to be within camera view, simply that they be in the same zone as your PC.

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

neat, didn't know the + and ++ trick. I'd considered doing the team select thing but was too lazy to go back and re-research the popmenu stuff i'd forgotten as i remember it taking me a while to put everything together the first time i worked with them.

On 2/23/2020 at 10:00 AM, Redlynne said:

Ok stupid question.  Are you saying targeting dead teammates won't work because it requires the command to cycle through targets that are *not* in your perception radius?

I'm confused why the wiki says this will work: "target_custom_next enemy void alive" but "target_custom_next teammate notalive" won't work

10 hours ago, LaconicLemur said:

Are you saying targeting dead teammates won't work because it requires the command to cycle through targets that are *not* in your perception radius?

The whole targetcustom* system is completely, totally and utterly dependent upon cycling through what you can see through your camera.

As with other targeting commands, the entities that will be cycled through must be in your perception radius, as well as visible to the camera (not the player).

Which means ... stuff that's beyond your perception radius can't be selected for targeting (for what should be obvious reasons).

The selection of $Targets via the targetcustom* system only cycles through what is visible on your screen.  If it's not visible on screen, it can't be targeted.  The key here is that the $Target must be visible to the camera (remember, 3rd person view independent of your avatar!) rather than requiring visibility from a 1st person view.  This kind of thing is how you can "see around corners" using careful positioning and camera control to target things that are not within Line of Sight of your character.

Anything that is NOT within the field of view of the camera cannot be targeted by targetcustom* because if the camera can't see it then you can't target it using targetcustom* ... not that difficult a concept.

I'm confused why the wiki says this will work: "target_custom_next enemy void alive"

Um ... the wiki explicitly says that won't work ... and why.

Invalid Examples

target_custom_next enemy void alive
  • The game will look for a hostile entity whose name includes void alive, because "alive" is defined after the string.

Works ... target_custom_next enemy alive void

Fails ... target_custom_next enemy void alive

Why?

enemy is a constraining parameter

alive is a constraining parameter

void is the name of the enemy you want to target

Parameter + Parameter + Name = works

Parameter + Name + Parameter = does not work

It's important to parse your modifiers in the correct order before naming what you're trying to target.  That's why the invalid example was given to demonstrate so you didn't make that mistake.

but "target_custom_next teammate notalive" won't work

Show the class where the parameter "notalive" is a valid parameter to use.

Here is the list of legal paramters and what they mean:

Parameters

• enemy - Hostile enemies
  • friend - Friendlies (including pets)
  • defeated - 0 HP targets
  • alive - Living targets
  • mypet - Inlcude only your pets
  • notmypet - Exclude your pets
  • base - Include only passive base items
  • notbase - Exlude passive base items
  • teammate - Include only teammates
  • notteammate - Exclude teammates
  • Everything else will match the name of the entity

Show us the "notalive" parameter in that list and you won't be assigned detention after class ...

Edited by Redlynne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 3 months later
On 2/23/2020 at 1:58 AM, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

/macroimage FortunataTeamwork_TacticalTrainingVengeance venge "powexec_name vengeance$$targetcustomnext defeated friend notmypet"

This should work with /rad Fallout by just changing vengeance to fallout, correct? 

Also would it be possible to create a macro to activate both vengeance and fallout?

32 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

This should work with /rad Fallout by just changing vengeance to fallout, correct? 

Also would it be possible to create a macro to activate both vengeance and fallout?

You can macro almost any 2 powers into one command by using this format:

powexecauto POWERNAME$$powexecname POWERNAME

The power named in the right-most command fires, assuming it's not on cooldown, followed by the power now set to autofire with the left-most command, with a single key press.

This works for attacks, heals, travel powers, buffs etc.. Only on my Warshade did I have experience trying to fire off multiple skills that relied on corpses to fire, and from what I remember, these skills didn't...uh...leave anything behind to be targetted a second time, shall we say.  It was always one of the worst aspects of gameplay for me. BUT, give veng and fallout a try together, and report back!

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

24 minutes ago, Dungeoness said:

You can macro almost any 2 powers into one command by using this format:

powexecauto POWERNAME$$powexecname POWERNAME

So this did indeed work with Veng and Fallout....however as you said this means the first power is now the autofire.  And I do not want either of them as my 1 auto.

I tried: powexecname Vengeance$$powexecname Fallout

And got this message in log:

[10:25] Now readying Fallout instead of Vengeance.
[10:25] You activated the Fallout power.

Any ideas how to get them to work on same macro without making one of them auto?

there's probably something you could do with loading bind files but that's a pretty long rabbit trail to go down just to avoid a second press. to me it was the targeting in the fray that was the biggest issue. Once you have them targeted for venge it's just another keypress or click to hit them with something else too.

You can't execute a command with two powexecname command, since all it does is hang on the first command, trying to execute it over and over. That's why casting one of them as autofire enables both powers to fire with one key press.

There are various solutions you could employ in order to set your autofire back to Hasten/Domination/AM, whatever. One popular choice is to bind one of your most used movement keys, say the forward key, to both move you forward, and autofire a skill. For example:

/bind w "+forward$$powexecauto hasten"

Every time you press w, or whichever key you hit a lot, it will try to both toggle and detoggle Hasten. This is because the power execution functions the same way as the movement key does - do something while I'm holding the key; do something else when I let it go. Most of the time, the power activation works as advertised, but sometimes you will see it go from autofire to nothing in a split second, and have to press the movement key again. It's still easier/faster than remembering to hit a separate key to get Hasten back to auto again for me. YMMV.

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

• 4 weeks later
On 6/25/2020 at 3:03 PM, Dungeoness said:

/bind w "+forward$$powexecauto hasten"

Every time you press w, or whichever key you hit a lot, it will try to both toggle and detoggle Hasten.

The way around this is to have a "filler" autoexec in there like this:

/bind w "+forward$$powexecauto Brawl$$powexecauto Hasten"

That way, a slight tap will lock the auto on hasten (nothing happens with Brawl).  I prefer this on my Melee toons who often find themselves standing and fighting, not a lot of moving around, and with the original macro (just 1 powexecauto) you have to be moving a bit for it to trigger, whereas with the above example, a very quick tap (w/o even moving) will lock in the auto.  Much nicer, IMHO.

• Like 1

I also have a question for @Redlynne - wouldn't it be better to use /targetcustom_near instead of _next?  I understand they cycle the same, etc. but with near, it's less likely that the fallen teammate is out of range for vengeance.  It is picking at nits, of course, but I found it to be good practice when dealing with buffs, etc.

• 2 months later