Favorite Mission Interior Map!

I'm a weirdo that likes the blue caves, annoying pancake layer included (well OK I only tolerate that).  Part of it may be the weird ghostly atmospheric music you hear when you first set foot on the map.  Orange Bagel maps are OK, but I so hate getting caight on the torches as I try to zip down a hallway; also a bit too World Of Warcraft to me (much like the redesigned Circle members turned out).  I think I'd go with offices best, if boringest as well.  I often play squishes who fight from afar and open space maps make AoE usage and avoiding angry foes a bit more problematic.  Sewers are fairly good too though.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

3 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

also a bit too World Of Warcraft to me (much like the redesigned Circle members turned out).

Given that echoes and AU versions still use the old models, I will forever see the CoT redesign as a deliberate effort by a bunch of very old fogeys to try and look hip and relevant to the youth and doing about as well as you’d expect (“Thorns! Thorns and spikes EVERYWHERE!!! Mwuhahahaha!!!”).

That said, their top, bottom, and non-spikey gloves and boots made a great base for my Archey/Tac Arrow build’s costume (sensible boots that blend with the rest of the costume are so hard to find for the ladies). There’s a good design in there; the CoT just way overdid the flare.

Edited by Chris24601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The final map of the Hess TF is still the best, because there is a giant robot in it.  The two maps leading up to it are also cool, since you can see the giant robot through the windows.  It really makes it feel like the missions are taking place IN the game world, as opposed to many of the "click this random door to be teleported to a random lab."

The final map of the Silver Mantis SF is also great.   I like maps that are instances of the game world in general--again it makes you feel like the missions are taking place in the world--but the Sky Raider base is a particularly neat feature and the design makes so much sense for them.

The Eden trial is gorgeous.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, RikOz said:

My Oranbega Exploration Policy is "Always take the passage on the left". Basically, it's any time there is a choice of direction to take, I always go left until that's no longer possible. Then I go back, if necessary (it's often not) and explore the corridors I missed.

What?  You aren't using the Right Hand Rule?  Heresy! 😲

Actually, I use your Left Hand Rule quite often as well.  But it was a running joke in one of our PnP D&D campaigns, that we would always use the Right Hand Rule in dungeons - UNLESS we suspected drow were involved.  Then we would use the Left Hand Rule - because drow are tricksy. 😉

• Like 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

Purple caves. ESPECIALLY the one with the "pancake stack" room, where there's that "attic" area WAY up high where one of your objectives are usually at - because it's FUN to play hide and seek with my objectives, especially when they are captives rather than glowies, and don't make that "womb-womb" sound... 😄

• Like 1
I'm out.

What sort of madman puts their Insp tray way up top like that instead of keeping it near their powers tray for quick access?!

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• City Council

I quite like the Dark Astoria caves and Praetorian Tunnels, excluding the Praetorian Tunnel maze in the DA arcs.. that place is just terrible.

The blue Tsoo/Carnie caves are and forever will be the worst.

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I love the final map of the Ice Mistral SF. Plenty of exploding pink crystals to turn all your single target attacks into miniature psi-damage nukes! The interaction with the map (well, really the crystals) is what makes it the best one for me, more than several others mentioned here that are also great (see: Eden trial, Hess).

I hate the Arachnos base reactor room (the really tall one with ramps up and elevators going both up and down) in defeat all missions, because it's too easy to lose mobs and with all the pipes and ramps it takes forever to find them. Although I guess you can get plenty of use out of Flight with it, since it's probably as big as most office maps all by itself.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:52 AM, siolfir said:

I hate the Arachnos base reactor room (the really tall one with ramps up and elevators going both up and down) in defeat all missions, because it's too easy to lose mobs and with all the pipes and ramps it takes forever to find them. Although I guess you can get plenty of use out of Flight with it, since it's probably as big as most office maps all by itself.

I really hate when that room spawns on the "access 4 computers" mission in Faultline.

• Like 1

I'm ashamed I didn't recall this until now. Frostfire. The sections where players slide back and forth on the ice. Maybe the earliest mission where players got to go, "Dude, this is awesome."

• Like 3

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

1 hour ago, Without_Pause said:

I'm ashamed I didn't recall this until now. Frostfire. The sections where players slide back and forth on the ice. Maybe the earliest mission where players got to go, "Dude, this is awesome."

Yeah, most every team takes at least a few minutes to slalom around that map...

Back in the day there was a longstanding bug where the ice was fargin' *invisible*.  More than one team wipe because somebody would hit a patch of invisible ice, slide, and aggro a group or groups.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

11 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

yeaaaah it was my first wooot thats tons of fun on my first char 🙂

I realized I had posted my least favorite maps but I do have favorites. I love tech labs and the Faultline "buried" versions. My absolute favorite though is the Revenant Hero Project Lab. Just seeing all the clones in their jars gives me the creeps.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

I've always enjoyed the sewer maps the most for some weird reason.

Least favorites are the caves (except for those really big caves where the Sky Raiders and Rikti seem to congregate) and lab maps.  Lab maps go on and on and on (plus, my Singularity sometimes gets stuck on the lab elevators and I have to respawn him).

Oh hey, how could I forget those "buried Rikti" maps?  I love those, they play a bit outside the box of normal maps and have something of a "fancy yet alien" look to them, what with the columns and the glowing tech and so on.

Go have fun!

My current 2 favorite maps can be found in AE missions #4950 and #14448. One is outdoor Praetorian and one is newly redesigned office.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty