Thunderstruck, er... Strike!

Display Name

Sees link, knows it's going to link to "Thunder Struck" but clicks anyway.

Gets lost in a Youtube void for 20 35 38 minutes resulting in the re-discovery of Irish Bagpipers who cover Rock songs.

Obscurity is more like starting with a classic song from AC/DC, and ending up on something massively disconnected like this, and that's not even where the rabbit hole ended.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2020 at 12:26 AM, Vanden said:

You think Thunderstruck by AC/DC is obscure?

I would imagine to anyone not alive the last time AC/DC had a single on the charts it could be seen that way.

(Does a quick internet search to see when that might have been.)

WTF?!? 2015?!? I dind't even know they were still alive. (people were doing a LOT of drugs in the 70s) The last song I remember hearing from them on the radio was Money Talks. And it being on the radio should give a hint to how long ago it was.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, quixoteprog said:

WTF?!? 2015?!? I dind't even know they were still alive.

Malcolm Young died a few years back. Angus Young is still going strong, but Brian Johnson quit a few years ago due to hearing loss, I think.

• Like 1

@Hissatsuman, you can mainly find me on Everlasting!

5 hours ago, Dreamboat said:

Malcolm Young died a few years back. Angus Young is still going strong, but Brian Johnson quit a few years ago due to hearing loss, I think.

Johnson was effectively fired, at least from performing live.

Def Leppard responded by noting, "Geez, our drummer lost an arm, and we kept him in the band!"

Last I heard, though, the band was back in the studio, with Johnson.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RikOz said:

Def Leppard responded by noting, "Geez, our drummer lost an arm, and we kept him in the band!"

I remember that!  My friend noted that the drums on the next album (Hysteria?) were a lot simpler than previous albums!  But I was glad they kept him in the band, too!

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

On 3/23/2020 at 8:04 PM, Display Name said:

Ok, seriously, this will help you recover from the previous post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDWFVI8PQOI

Wait, you posted AC/DC and then in response you posted some crap techno song as a way to recover? #ban

FYI, way back in the day of the Front Page Sports football game, I nicknamed a team Storm and before every game I played I would crank the live version of "Thunderstruck."

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

5 minutes ago, Dreamboat said:

Rhythm is a Dancer is "some crap techno song"? Society really is crumbling, huh...

Well, it's no "Thunderstruck." 😄

In case people think I hate techno based music, uh no. A good chuck of the songs on my workout mix on Youtube are techno based, but you know, good. 🤣

• Like 2

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

5 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

In case people think I hate techno based music, uh no. A good chuck of the songs on my workout mix on Youtube are techno based, but you know, good.

As somebody who is a trained musician and prefers complex, melodic music like prog and metal, it's a nightmare for me at work when it's a coworker's turn to choose the music and he insists on late-90s techno/dance music.

You know, the stuff with a kick drum that goes THUMP-THUMP-THUMP-THUMP without variation, synths repeating the exact same riff over and over, and a female singer repeating the same four-word phrase over and over and over.

It's music that's meant for dancing, and it's perfect for that. It's not designed for listening outside of that context. Unfortunately, as a trained musician and lifelong music fan, it's literally impossible for me to "tune out" music. My ears detect even the faintest music and my brain wants to focus on it, and when it's utterly mindless and repetitive it drives me insane.

• Like 1

The reference to Thunderstuck as an obscure song is reminding me of MCU's Spider-Man, where everything is a "really old movie." (To be sure, most of them are pretty old by now but I feel like that's done specifically to rub it in Tony's face.)

8 hours ago, Without_Pause said:

In case people think I hate techno based music, uh no.

Whew!  I was beginning to think you hated techno-based music!  Nice song!  Even with my busted headphones that give me left audio only!

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!