Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

I love your work Solarverse, and have many of your mods installed already! Could I humbly request a mod that either mutes the sounds that play when your Warshade shifts into either dwarf or nova forms, or swaps them for something short and QUIET? It's a cacophony for me when I play a fast shifting build.

Thanks!

@dungeoness and @eloora on Excelsior

<Federation of United Cosmic Knights>

5 hours ago, Dungeoness said:

I love your work Solarverse, and have many of your mods installed already! Could I humbly request a mod that either mutes the sounds that play when your Warshade shifts into either dwarf or nova forms, or swaps them for something short and QUIET? It's a cacophony for me when I play a fast shifting build.

Thanks!

It's in the CoH Modder Tool.

• 4 weeks later
3 hours ago, VoidSpawn2 said:

are there any light saber sound mods available for Titan Weapons? 

If you know the names of the Titan Weapons sound effects .ogg, you could do this yourself.  I made a set of owl noises for a sonic corruptor because she was  owl themed.
Download an existing Lightsaber mod. Extract the files. re-name them the names of the titan weapon files and drop them in  C:\Games\Homecoming\data\sound\Ogg\Powers
( YOUR directory, not what I have here...) and you should be golden.
I was hoping to find the names of the files for you, but so far, no luck....

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Vulpoid said:

If you know the names of the Titan Weapons sound effects .ogg, you could do this yourself.  I made a set of owl noises for a sonic corruptor because she was  owl themed.
Download an existing Lightsaber mod. Extract the files. re-name them the names of the titan weapon files and drop them in  C:\Games\Homecoming\data\sound\Ogg\Powers
( YOUR directory, not what I have here...) and you should be golden.
I was hoping to find the names of the files for you, but so far, no luck....

I would locate them for you but I am currently 350 miles from home.

• Thanks 1

A quick dip into PK's Rosetta Stone I have on hand shows the following, might not necessarily be up to date though.

FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\ARCOFDESTRUCTION_HIT_FAST.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_WAVEOFDESTRUCTION_HITFAST_01
FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\ARCOFDESTRUCTION_HIT.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_WAVEOFDESTRUCTION_HITSLOW_01
FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\CRUSHINGBLOW_FAST_HIT.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_CRUSHINGBLOW_HITFAST_01
FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\CRUSHINGBLOW_FAST.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_CRUSHINGBLOW_ATTACKFAST_01
FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\CRUSHINGBLOW_SLOW_HIT.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_CRUSHINGBLOW_HITSLOW_01
FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\CRUSHINGBLOW_SLOW.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_CRUSHINGBLOW_ATTACKSLOW_01
FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\DEFENSIVE_SWEEP_SLOW.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_DEFENSIVESWEEP_ATTACKSLOW_01
FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\DEFENSIVESWEEP_FAST_HIT.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_DEFENSIVESWEEP_HITFAST_01
FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\DEFENSIVESWEEP_FAST.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_DEFENSIVESWEEP_ATTACKFAST_01
FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\DEFENSIVESWEEP_SLOW_HIT.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_DEFENSIVESWEEP_HITSLOW_01
FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\DRAWWEAPON.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_EQUIP_01
FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\FOLLOWTHROUGH_FAST_HIT.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_FOLLOWTHROUGH_HITFAST_01
FX\CUSTOMIZEABLEPOWERS\TITANWEAPON\FOLLOWTHROUGH_FAST.FX SOUND\OGG\POWERS\TW_FOLLOWTHROUGH_ATTACKFAST_01

• Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Thanks much! I appreciate it. 

Here are some I discovered: 

sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_CrushingBlow_AttackFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_CrushingBlow_AttackSlow_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_CrushingBlow_HitFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_CrushingBlow_HitSlow_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_DefensiveSweep_AttackFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_DefensiveSweep_AttackSlow_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_DefensiveSweep_HitFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_DefensiveSweep_HitSlow_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_Equip_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_FollowThrough_AttackFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_FollowThrough_HitFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_ShatterArmor_AttackFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_ShatterArmor_AttackSlow_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_ShatterArmor_HitFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_ShatterArmor_HitSlow_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_SweepingStrike_AttackFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_SweepingStrike_AttackSlow_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_SweepingStrike_HitFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_SweepingStrike_HitSlow_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_WaveOfDestruction_AttackFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_WaveOfDestruction_AttackSlow_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_WaveOfDestruction_HitFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_WaveOfDestruction_HitSlow_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_WhirlingSlice_AttackFast_01.ogg
sound\Ogg\Powers\TW_WhirlingSlice_HitFast_01.ogg

• 3 weeks later

I'm sorry to inform everyone that custom mods will be halted until further notice. I am currently going through a crises in my life that needs my attention. I will post back when my life situation gets back to normal.

• Sad 4

• 1 month later
27 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

@Solarverse or anyone that may know…. Do these modes work on Mac? Not sure if a directory like this pulls up on a Mac.

That would be a question better asked to @The Philotic Knight, I know very little about a MAC, since they weren't exactly designed with gaming in mind. I have always been a PC guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

I appreciate it Solar! I get it, PC IS much better. I’m just stuck with the Mac for the time being =P @The Philotic Knight, any advice?

If anyone can help you get these downloaded on to a MAC, PK can.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

I got nothing. Sorry. I don't do Mac, except Big Macs. And even then I take out the stupid middle bun.

Haha fair enough. Thanks anyways Knight! If anyone else is reading this and has had success with these programs on Mac, give me a shout =P

• 3 weeks later
On 3/25/2020 at 1:09 PM, Solarverse said:

Seeing as this mod breaks sounds (replaces some, not others) for Claws and Broadsword, and there are energy blade options for both sets (which I happen to use), any chance of extending this mod to those sets?

I admit to having an ulterior motive here - I have some sound sensitivity issues, and the lethal PBAoE's make me cringe anytime they go off hitting multiple targets because that loud and sharp sound gives me a headache.  While the lightsaber sound for DB's PBAoE is still loud (because of the way sounds for PBAoE's work), it isn't as... crunchy?  And it doesn't cause that reaction in me.

Has anyone experienced something similar...

I recently tried to add the Star Wars dual wield fx to CoH Modder 168.

It was working fine previously but after failing to add this mod, I repeatedly got this message:

1814192053_2022-05-3118_34_08-Echo_DarkAstoria.png.71301d4bce23344635c874d56cce588d.png

The pop up would reappear after closing each time, and I had to force close from Task Manager

I uninstalled 168 and installed 169, but it keeps happening.

Any thoughts?

17 hours ago, xl8 said:

It was working fine previously but after failing to add this mod, I repeatedly got this message:

1814192053_2022-05-3118_34_08-Echo_DarkAstoria.png.71301d4bce23344635c874d56cce588d.png

The pop up would reappear after closing each time, and I had to force close from Task Manager

Any thoughts?

@The Philotic Knight ?

21 hours ago, Stormwalker said:

Seeing as this mod breaks sounds (replaces some, not others) for Claws and Broadsword, and there are energy blade options for both sets (which I happen to use), any chance of extending this mod to those sets?

I admit to having an ulterior motive here - I have some sound sensitivity issues, and the lethal PBAoE's make me cringe anytime they go off hitting multiple targets because that loud and sharp sound gives me a headache.  While the lightsaber sound for DB's PBAoE is still loud (because of the way sounds for PBAoE's work), it isn't as... crunchy?  And it doesn't cause that reaction in me.

My suggestion for the time being, something that I myself practice, is that I only turn on the Lightsaber mod if you plan to play characters that have "lightsabers" and turn them off when not playing said characters. They are easily turned on and off using the COH Modder Tool.

As far as extending these mods, I may consider it, but it will be a long while before I could do that since honestly, I just don't have the time any longer. I had chaos that took place in my life that changed a lot of things for me, divorce...fun stuff, law enforcement, EPO (against the wife, not me) and just utter chaos, and it all happened all at once. I could write a movie about it. I won't get in to details, all I can say is be VERY careful who you chose to let in to your life, you never know who that person truly is a lot of times until it is too late. Only people closest to me know the details of this, but suffice it to say, it changed a lot in my life so I just don't have the time right now to sit at the computer for long enough periods of time to create the mods that I used to have time to create. Life circumstances has changed, therefor life priorities have also changed. I even changed careers, but not due to the divorce, it was a choice made for better money with the ability to retire VERY early and live comfortable. However, this new job requires a LOT of my time sacrificed now, in order to live like a king in 9 years from now, at which point I will retire at 56 years of age. Although this new job was not due to the divorce, the job did become available right around the same time as the divorce. So the hours put in for that job plus the chaos of dealing with the divorce has simply put me in a small box as to how much time I can spend sitting at the computer, and what I do with that time.

Now, if somebody else wants to take the sound files that I put together to make the Lightsaber mods and use those files to create a new mod for Claws and Broadsword, they absolutely have my blessing to do so. People you may ask to do this are some of the other Sound Modders that I have seen and respect would be @Lithobraker, @AboveTheChemist and @Zed. They produce some quality custom mods and I have full confidence that they could do a good job.

Hope this info helps, if not, I will try and make the mods, but like I said, it's going to take a long while to get around to doing them.

20 hours ago, xl8 said:

Any thoughts?

I see no such mod on the current list:

image.png.9f63d379119a3729a728d8c9cff6dce6.png

Can you please give me the precise mod name and/or a screenshot showing where it appears on the list?

I'm out.

38 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

I see no such mod on the current list:

image.png.9f63d379119a3729a728d8c9cff6dce6.png

Can you please give me the precise mod name and/or a screenshot showing where it appears on the list?

Star Wars Blaster SFX Mod (v3)

Edited by Solarverse

4 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Installed just fine for me with no errors. I cannot reproduce the issue.

Same, I uninstalled and reinstalled with no issues, just tested. So I have no idea what could be causing the issue, unless he is using a current mod that is clashing with this one where they both use the same file name?