Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

3 minutes ago, Starhammer said:

If I'm hearing the right thing, that's not bad, though I'm really hoping for completely silent. Also, I already use the Terminator SFX mod for Beam Rifle, and enjoy that quite a bit, so I'd prefer to keep it.

It's a separate mod that is not tied in with the Terminator SFX Mod.

Having said that, the file name is Recharge.ogg and the destination folder is Data\Sound\Ogg\Frontend

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Solarverse said:

It's a separate mod that is not tied in with the Terminator SFX Mod.

Having said that, the file name is Recharge.ogg and the destination folder is Data\Sound\Ogg\Frontend

Right. What I meant was I didn't want to give up using the Terminator SFX for the other Beam Rifle SFX mod in the video.

So, not sure what I did wrong, besides thinking I was smart enough to try this, but installing the mod created an eternal error saying the mod could not be found, which the only way to fix is closing from Task Manager, restarting CoH Modder, and hitting Fresh Start. So if you see "Silent Recharge" on your end by Starhammer, you should probably purge it, since my programming seems to be toxic.
========
And between the time when I started tinkering with this, filled with undeserved hope, and when I was reinstalling from my fresh start, I found that you seem to have made the mod I needed. Thank you very much.

Edited by Starhammer

43 minutes ago, Starhammer said:

So, not sure what I did wrong, besides thinking I was smart enough to try this, but installing the mod created an eternal error saying the mod could not be found, which the only way to fix is closing from Task Manager, restarting CoH Modder, and hitting Fresh Start. So if you see "Silent Recharge" on your end by Starhammer, you should probably purge it, since my programming seems to be toxic.
========
And between the time when I started tinkering with this, filled with undeserved hope, and when I was reinstalling from my fresh start, I found that you seem to have made the mod I needed. Thank you very much.

Hope you got your issue resolved. Glad to hear it on the last sentence. If I were you, if the mod you made is crashing your system, I would report your mod to @The Philotic Knight so he can remove it from the database.

• 3 weeks later
On 5/13/2021 at 4:44 PM, Solarverse said:

Delete the current Mercs Terminator Mod and take it out of your saved files as well. Once you do that, look for it to download it again. It's Mercs Terminator SFX Mod (v10)

The Devs shortened the duration so they had to use a different sound file for full auto due to the original file having a longer duration than the new animation. It has been adjusted and fixed on the mod as well and will now work as intended.

just re downloaded and installed the Star Wars Blaster SFX, and hail of bullets is still not working, am I missing a step?

57 minutes ago, CrankyMando said:

just re downloaded and installed the Star Wars Blaster SFX, and hail of bullets is still not working, am I missing a step?

They changed it, you will have to update to the newest version. I have updated the mod to compensate.

I have searched the spreadsheets and this forum, and have had plenty of luck, all bad.

Can anyone help me find the sound for the controller /Rad heal Radiant Aura?

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

1 hour ago, DoctorDitko said:

Can anyone help me find the sound for the controller /Rad heal Radiant Aura?

The Rosetta stone spreadsheet says it is a combo of these 4 sounds (although to my recollection the first and third sounds stand out the most):

Spoiler

darkegen.ogg:

radcharge.ogg:

radiation5_loop.ogg:

Heal1.ogg:

On 6/22/2021 at 12:24 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

The Rosetta stone spreadsheet says it is a combo of these 4 sounds (although to my recollection the first and third sounds stand out the most):

That's because one of those sounds were deleted because that particular sound duplicated per target hit. It's the whole reason I made the thread in my sig. No Dev response was made though, so I gave up hope. All of those beautiful sounds listed in that thread are gone and there is little hope of me ever being able to bring them back...especially since a Dev has not even commented on it. This game has lost a lot of what made it great, sadly...and those sound files are one of them.

6 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Well, I mean, you COULD scour Leandro's original leak, they're probably still there...

All but one was removed before Leandro was even a name I heard of, my man. This was done during live. The only one Leandro had removed was the Lighting Field...which I personally found unnecessary considering I had a mod JUST FOR that. But...it is what it is and bitching won't change a thing.

• Sad 1

On 6/26/2021 at 2:33 PM, The Philotic Knight said:

If it exists in an old yuotube video, maybe you could isolate the sound? 

I have the sounds, that's not the problem, the problem is the code that used to exist to play them is missing.

If you take a look at THIS THREAD it explains it in detail.

On 6/28/2021 at 7:25 PM, damienray said:

I see that the darkregen.ogg sound is used in quite a few different powers, but was messing with the four sound files you listed and came up with this.

Just thought I'd share.

darkregen.ogg:

I could have sworn I responded to this, clearly not, lol. So the issue is not the sound, I have the sounds tucked away that goes to those powers. The problem is the file that plays those sounds upon hitting the targets is simply either not active or has been deleted. The only way to bring them back is if a Dev were to take pity on me and put them back in game and direct them to a blank sound bite that can be manipulated by the players to bring back those sounds. I don't feel like this will happen though, I have made the effort as you can see in my sig, heh.

I'm sorry Solarverse, my intention in playing with the sound file was not to undermine what you had already stated, it was more of a "fix" for myself while playing the game. I was just sharing the sound file in case anyone wanted to have it. I completely understand the underlying issue with how the sound files should work. Sorry for any misunderstanding or frustration.

Again, just sharing a sound file for the "fun" of it... not as any type of "fix".

(Waves white flag) I come in peace. 

Edited by damienray

18 minutes ago, damienray said:

I'm sorry Solarverse, my intention in playing with the sound file was not to undermine what you had already stated, it was more of a "fix" for myself while playing the game. I was just sharing the sound file in case anyone wanted to have it. I completely understand the underlying issue with how the sound files should work. Sorry for any misunderstanding or frustration.

Again, just sharing a sound file for the "fun" of it... not as any type of "fix".

(Waves white flag) I come in peace. 

All good, glad to have it.

On 6/20/2021 at 6:46 AM, CrankyMando said:

Did that resolve the issue? If not let me know and I'll double check the mod and make sure that the latest version uploaded correctly.

• 2 weeks later
18 hours ago, smnolimits41 said:

i should restate this, i tried it, and i'm not sure exactly how it works. when i make the bot, it sounds how it normally does.

Yes, it actually works. is that the only mod you have tried using? I just want to make sure you have directed it to the correct folder.

13 hours ago, smnolimits41 said:

its alright i figured it out, guess i was thinking that it would have the sound effects for when they transform

Actually it does. Whenever you upgrade them to the second tier.

• 2 months later
  • 1 month later