Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

A different Glowie Sound loop that is a bit more distinctive; more of a ping sound.  I have always had an issue hearing glowies well so I made this.  Feel free to incorporate it if you wish.

Edit: My bad.  I should have specified where this goes.   Data\Sound\Ogg\FrontEnd    Thanks to @Solarverse

Objective_loop.zip

Edited by Ura Hero
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2020 at 11:22 AM, Ura Hero said:

A different Glowie Sound loop that is a bit more distinctive; more of a ping sound.  I have always had an issue hearing glowies well so I made this.  Feel free to incorporate it if you wish.

Objective_loop.zip 49.27 kB · 1 download

Done and thank you!

Hey SV, quick question. Will the Psi Blast and Psi Blast B work on Mind/ Dom and Fortunatas?

Since my last posting, I've created a Mind/Savage Dom that is very fun to play, especially with the Panther taunt you created (she's a kitty) 😃
And depending on your answer to the question above, I might dust off my Fort and take her out for a spin. Your work certainly gave my Archer a new life. Amazing what a little change in sound can do 😃 

I'm trying to mod your mod--to little success--to make the explosive arrow not so explosive, but more of puff of smoke kind... just to keep the entire power really quiet. All the difficulty I'm having makes me appreciate your awesome work all the more.

3 hours ago, Six Six said:

Hey SV, quick question. Will the Psi Blast and Psi Blast B work on Mind/ Dom and Fortunatas?

Since my last posting, I've created a Mind/Savage Dom that is very fun to play, especially with the Panther taunt you created (she's a kitty) 😃
And depending on your answer to the question above, I might dust off my Fort and take her out for a spin. Your work certainly gave my Archer a new life. Amazing what a little change in sound can do 😃 

I'm trying to mod your mod--to little success--to make the explosive arrow not so explosive, but more of puff of smoke kind... just to keep the entire power really quiet. All the difficulty I'm having makes me appreciate your awesome work all the more.

Yes it does.   I'll take a look at the explosive arrow and see if I can't customize one for ya. And thank you for the complement! And yes, it makes playing powersets a lot more fun to play. 🙂

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2020 at 2:17 AM, Solarverse said:
  • Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • For the Psionic Blast SFX Mod A
  • Open the Powers Folder
  • For the Psionic Blast SFX Mod B
  • Open the V_Powers Folder
  • Copy all files from opened Zip file and drag them to the assigned Folder listed above.
  • Close all folders and restart game

Quick feedback on Psi Blast SV. I did the instructions and restarted (even did a rescan). I ended up with an exe launcher error of some kind. sorry, I can't remember what it was. I'm on a mac, launched Island Rum, clicked blue arrow, got a check, game launches and a tiny window error. I traced it to creating the V_Powers folder. Once I removed it, everything worked perfectly. I didn't get to use the Mod B file, though (didn't try putting it in Powers folder as I was scared I might break my game). In any case everything else worked fine. My fortunata thanks you.

2 hours ago, Six Six said:

Quick feedback on Psi Blast SV. I did the instructions and restarted (even did a rescan). I ended up with an exe launcher error of some kind. sorry, I can't remember what it was. I'm on a mac, launched Island Rum, clicked blue arrow, got a check, game launches and a tiny window error. I traced it to creating the V_Powers folder. Once I removed it, everything worked perfectly. I didn't get to use the Mod B file, though (didn't try putting it in Powers folder as I was scared I might break my game). In any case everything else worked fine. My fortunata thanks you.

It should work unless the V_Powers folder had a corrupted file in it. I may need to reload the file in case it got corrupted during the upload process. I'm at work right now, will let you know when it's finished.

7 hours ago, Six Six said:

Snip

Okay, so I tested it out using the exact same mod and it worked fine for me. It's possible the folder itself got corrupted somehow, although it's just a data folder, so technically it should have not had any affect on the game launching. The data folder is client side, not server side. It's just a folder that tells the server to use the files in the data folder instead of the files designated for that specific SFX. It basically reroutes the game to your data folder when playing a sound. However, I'm not on a Mac and I know VERY little about Macs. Regardless, any file you make in the data folder from me is completely harmless and won't hurt your installment of the game in the slightest. I would give it another shot and see how it works. Let me know how it goes!

• Thanks 1

haven't tried it again, but I'm happy with what I have (which is a running game minus one SFX mod). rather not risk further damage as I'm a total tool when it comes to fiddling with stuff under the hood.

incidentally, I played a little just now against a warehouse full of arachnos Fortunatas and Tarantula Queens/Mistresses. The sound (with mods applied) was a sight to behold... erm... for the ears. 😃. Thanks again for the awesomest of awesome work.

Update (July 13). I tried it again and it worked. I think I may have created a V_powers folder instead of V_Powers (dunno if that makes a difference) or some other typo for it not to work the first time. I blame wonky keyboard.

And, I've rolled an Bots/Traps MM to utilise your MM mods 😃  Will be trying that later 

Edited by Six Six
  • Like 1

Objective_loop.zip 49.27 kB · 3 downloads

On 7/8/2020 at 10:22 PM, Solarverse said:

Done and thank you!

Ok, I am having moment here but I can't get this new Objective_loop to work.
Once I extracted the folder, I copied it to the ,,\sound\ogg folder like so.

image.png.e15dc08474ec268531a4cd09213676ca.png

I am quite sure I have missed something but I don't know what.  Could someone help me?

Matt Miracle

Covenant of Honor - Excelsior

A.W.O.L. (formerly on Liberty Live Server).

15 minutes ago, Matt_Miracle said:

Ok, I am having moment here but I can't get this new Objective_loop to work.
Once I extracted the folder, I copied it to the ,,\sound\ogg folder like so.

image.png.e15dc08474ec268531a4cd09213676ca.png

I am quite sure I have missed something but I don't know what.  Could someone help me?

Data\Sound\Ogg\FrontEnd

• Thanks 1

Objective_loop.zip 49.27 kB · 3 downloads

Sounds just like Sputnik!

Just now, Six Six said:

create a Powers folder inside the Ogg folder
put the Objective_loop file inside the Powers folder
then restart the client (I do a rescan just to be on the safe side)

It's actually FrontEnd  🙂

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2020 at 10:22 AM, Ura Hero said:

Edit: My bad.  I should have specified where this goes.   Data\Sound\Ogg\FrontEnd    Thanks to @Solarverse

Objective_loop.zip 49.27 kB · 5 downloads

I hear a pack of laughing hyenas. It's pretty noticeable and not something you'll come across anywhere else in the game.  😄

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 2 weeks later

First I want to compliment you on your great work, there are several power sets I really want to try now.

I have no idea how much work it is for you, but I imagine it is quite a lot, so kudos to you for doing it for the community.

I wonder if you, in the spirit of the blaster sounds, could make lightsaber sounds for Katana/dual blades? There are some options to make them look like energy weapons :-)

Also some options for Staff Fighting are bladed (like tech and trident, pole arm etc.) and it would be cool if they made are more cutting sound than a smacking.

Anyways thanks for you great work!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Snowsarn said:

First I want to compliment you on your great work, there are several power sets I really want to try now.

I have no idea how much work it is for you, but I imagine it is quite a lot, so kudos to you for doing it for the community.

I wonder if you, in the spirit of the blaster sounds, could make lightsaber sounds for Katana/dual blades? There are some options to make them look like energy weapons 🙂

Also some options for Staff Fighting are bladed (like tech and trident, pole arm etc.) and it would be cool if they made are more cutting sound than a smacking.

Anyways thanks for you great work!

Hmmmm, now that is a great idea.

PART 1

This is a two parter and requires both mods from both parts. Link to second mod is at bottom of this post!

WARNING!!!

Update:  July 29, 2020 7:40 pm Eastern Time: The Lotus Drops has had its volume slightly increased since original release.

These SFX Mods are designed for the Game to play back only! City of Heroes plays back the volume at a much different level than the actual file has them set to. In the event that you wish to play them back manually, NEVER play back these sound files in any way without first turning the volume down on your Laptop/PC. The game plays back volumes at a far lower level than your PC/Laptop will, and if you play back the files without first turning down your volume, you can possibly cause damage to your speakers!

Katana/Ninja Blade and *THE NEW* Dual Blade Lightsaber SFX Mod!

(Detailed Explanation)

Note: There is a new method to adding this mod that simplifies things for mods that require multiple destinations. Please follow the new instructions!

As per request, this is a Mod that completely changes Katana, Dual Blades and Ninja Blade's SFX and turns them in to living and breathing Lightsabers straight out of Star Wars! For any Star Wars fans out there who are using the Energy Blade skins for their weapons, this will be right up your alley!

These sounds have been put in video format so that you may "try it before you buy it" type deal and can be viewed at the bottom of this thread!  🙂

Instructions (Destructions?)

• First, unzip the file beneath the instructions and open the Lightsaber folder.
  • Find your City of Heroes folder and open it up.

(New Instructions)

• Once you have the City of Heroes Folder open, click and drag the Data Folder inside the Lightsaber Folder and drop it in your CoH Folder.
  • If prompted to replace files, click yes.
  • The rest will happen on its own.

(Suggestion to help make your life easier!)

• Go to this website CoH Modder Tool and download the CoH Modder tool
  • Within the Modder tool are numerous mods and mroe mods are added almost daily.
  • This tool will load and unload specific mods at will, extremely useful! @The Philotic Knight has made this possible and a special thank you to him!

(If you do not have a Data Folder)

If you do not have a Data Folder, no worries, dropping the data folder from the Lightsaber mod will automatically create one and all sub folders within. Enjoy!

Part 2 can be found here! Lightsaber Part 2

Zip file and preview below. Enjoy!

Lightsaber.zip

Edited by Solarverse
New files and methods of implementing
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Snowsarn said:

Thank you so much! Great and fast work 😃I'm rolling a Jedi Scrapper Hero, and Sith Brute villain right now 😄

This does not work for Dual Blades. That will have to be a mod all of its own since they are completely different .ogg files.  However, it's on my list. It will just take time. For the time being, Katana and Ninja Blade should hold you over.  🙂

UPDATE

Dual Blades will also be getting the same Lightsaber SFX. It's going to take a bit long because those files are scattered all throughout. The person who was responsible for putting the sound files together wasn't exactly an organized person, so finding the correct files can take time. However, so far I have the first three attacks and the Assassin Strike for Stalkers completed. I will post up the Lightsaber SFX Mod for Dual Blades (Stalker and Scrapper/Brute) once I have finished. So if you were wanting this for your Dual Blades as well, no worries, I'm working on it.  🙂

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thanks 2

Wow! how serendipitous. I just rolled a katana scrapper 😃 

You rock as always, SV!

Just took it out for a spin with the new sounds. And. It. Sounds. Awe. Some!
Incidentally, I also downloaded your Transformer SFX Mod for MMs (for my bots), and apparently they also affect some if not all of my Arachnos pets as well as enemies. Equally awesome. 😃

Edited by Six Six
  • Like 1